Bengals @ Ravens Pregame Chatter/Game Thread!

HoosierCat

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Sterling Sharpe. I actually like Playbook. Usually they have analysis on both teams, not this week.

The preseason hype is too much. This story about the Ravens no-huddle is being thrown around as if Joe Flacco was Drew Brees.

Case in point, the Cowboys had NO chance of beating the Giants in NY, right? Right...

It is Sterling Sharpe. I actually like Playbook. Usually they have analysis on both teams, not this week.

The preseason hype is too much. This story about the Ravens no-huddle is being thrown around as if Joe Flacco was Drew Brees.

Case in point, the Cowboys had NO chance of beating the Giants in NY, right? Right...

You have a point there.

That's what I love about this time of year: Bold predictions with no accountability. NOBODY picked the Cowboys to win, which is funny in itself, but then EVERYBODY is taking that one game to mean a total realignment of power in the NFC. After 1 game. 1.

Based on last year, and with my purple tinted glasses telling me every change the Ravens made will work out and every change the Bengals made will fail, I predict the Ravens win 45-3, on their way to a perfect season.

B)

(Editor's note: Actual prediction is Ravens win 28-17. Bengals can't contain Ray Rice. Green scores twice.)

Head to Head Matchups (Since 2001)Series tied 11-11

Jan 1, 2012 CIN 16, BAL 24

Nov 20, 2011 CIN 24, @BAL 31

Jan 2, 2011 CIN 7, @BAL 13

Sep 19, 2010 CIN 15, BAL 10

Nov 8, 2009 CIN 17, BAL 7

Oct 11, 2009 CIN 17, @BAL 14

Nov 30, 2008 CIN 3, BAL 34

Sep 7, 2008 CIN 10, @BAL 17

Nov 11, 2007 CIN 21, @BAL 7

Sep 10, 2007 CIN 27, BAL 20

Nov 30, 2006 CIN 13, BAL 7

Nov 5, 2006 CIN 20, @BAL 26

Nov 27, 2005 CIN 42, BAL 29

Nov 6, 2005 CIN 21, @BAL 9

Dec 5, 2004 CIN 27, @BAL 26

Sep 26, 2004 CIN 9, BAL 23

Dec 7, 2003 CIN 13, @BAL 31

Oct 19, 2003 CIN 34, BAL 26

Dec 1, 2002 CIN 23, BAL 27

Nov 10, 2002 CIN 27, @BAL 38

Dec 23, 2001 CIN 0, @BAL 16

Sep 23, 2001 CIN 21, BAL 10

Boys, I'm calling a road victory for the men in stripes.

27-20.

Then, we lose a game in the next 4 we're not "supposed" to.

we will will sit 5-1 in the first 6.

I could live with that, I suppoose :-)

Is Dalton still healthy in this point in this oracular vision of yours?

Yes, this assumes Team is healthy...

Where is your loyalty? You should quit your job. Actually, if I was in your position, i would set the DVR to record and turn off my phone so I get no stupid text messages from friends. then go home and skip through the commercials.

It's not the same, but it could be worse. You could be a bengals fan.

oh wait...

I'm not too thrilled with the 7:00 PM EST start time of tonights MNF game. Thats 4:00 PM here in Arizona meaning I'll miss the 1st quarter at least. :angry:

You ?? My classes start tonight at 7pm and I won't get home until almost 10pm.

The trick is staying out of the converstation if you hear it.

I already prepped everyone at home not to discuss it and I don't answer text messages during that time.

My buddies always shoot text's during the games.

Good luck to you Billy...

I'm not too thrilled with the 7:00 PM EST start time of tonights MNF game. Thats 4:00 PM here in Arizona meaning I'll miss the 1st quarter at least. :angry:

I already prepped everyone at home not to discuss it and I don't answer text messages during that time.

army, PM me your # and I'll keep you updated with texts!

Will-

Here I was thinking that was the perfect start time for an east coast MNF game. They should do the east coast/ west coast thing every week. At least I could watch one game without being a zoombie at 04:30 when I have to get up.

army, PM me your # and I'll keep you updated with texts!

Will-

Exactly what I don't want, but thanks for the offer.

I want to sit down tonight when I get home and watch the game from start to finish like it just came on.

Well, fast forwarding through the commercials of course.

Looking for any karma, am delighted to report at lunch just now in downtown Baltimore, two Bengals fans came in, dressed in the colors from head to toe, with one of them in some great old school Bengals sneakers.

I happily gave them a "who dey" and chatted for a bit.

Maybe a good sign for me to see them, given the beatdown I expect this evening.

Looking for any karma, am delighted to report at lunch just now in downtown Baltimore, two Bengals fans came in, dressed in the colors from head to toe, with one of them in some great old school Bengals sneakers.

Nice Mem.

While I expect a loss as well, i'll take any good karma we can get.

Still hoping the thought of being alone in first place with a win tonight motivates the team tonight.

Then again, the same motivation exists for the Ravens.

By the, ravens pushing every emotional button they can. Modell stuff. Had muhammed ali to facility yesterday and will be on field tonight on top of mnf home opener. Emotions will be crazy high for crowd early. Bengals need to weather that. Hope D is up to task to carry offense a bit.

I won't be able to watch the game tonight (no cable), but I bought NFL Rewind this year and will be able to watch it tomorrow night. Which means... none of you guys can talk about the game until after I watch it. I mean it, no spoilers people!

lol

I'd love nothing more than to see us stuff the Ravens in a game they have basically been handed, ala 2009 in both games. There's something really enjoyable watching all of the talking heads try and pick up the pieces the next day after their SB darling pick gets beat by the team getting 9 points.

I really just want to see that Andy is getting better, making good decisions and reading the defense.

I want the O-line to gel, and I really hope the interior of that line is physical and strong.

Turnovers for defense, and a lot of pressure on Flacci. Players in there right gap making tackles.

Play physical keep it close no dumb mistakes and you never know what happens!