Bengals @ Ravens Pregame Chatter/Game Thread!

HoosierCat

Just a week to go, fellas. :sure:

Per Reedy, only 2 Bengals weren't suited up for practice today: Kirkpatrick and Dunlap. According to Marvin, Dre is a week or two away from even getting back to practice, so it looks like he'll be inactive vs. Baltimore. Figure Dunlap is questionable.

The Bengals also released the official depth chart today. No real surprises, though Faine is the starting center.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What plan to the Bengals have to cover Rice underneath? With Torrey Smith, Boldin, and Pitta taking the coverage...you have to consider Rice, as usual, will get alot of touches. Turnovers will be key. Dalton and the offense controlling the ball and limiting 3 and outs will have to happen for a chance to win.

I don't see the Bengals winning this one, but it's the first game. The next 5 games are against the Browns, Redskins, Jaguars, Dolphins, and Browns. Even with a loss, 4-2 to start the season is a good possibility.

If they do pull out a win in Baltimore, look out. 6-2 to begin the season might be a reality.

my guess on inactives:

Kirkpatrick

Dunlap

Whalen

Jones

Pacman

Charles

Collins

Really your thinking Sanu over Jones? I'll be kind of pissed if I'm not seeing Jones out there playing. I really think he is a guy they need with some good speed.

You don't think Pacman and Allen will both be active? Are u just banking that Pacman gets hurt right before the game lol.

You don't think Pacman and Allen will both be active? Are u just banking that Pacman gets hurt right before the game lol.

Right now, Pacman is 3rd on the CB depth chart (Allen and Newman are the backups) and is a 2nd string kick/punt returner.

Combined with his injury history and being inactive wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I'm actually still not as concerned as most seem to be.

Does that mean they win the game Monday ?? No, I actually expect a loss, but it wouldn't surprise me if they won either.

Baltimore's defense is going through some changes and is without Suggs, so it should be interesting to see how that works out for them. Rice has seems to have big games against the Bengals, so they need to do something to account for him better. IF they can do that, they have a better shot at things.

Something that has totally dropped off all conversation here is, do we see the offense run more 2 TE sets this season ?? With Gresham and Lee/Charles on the field, it opens things up quite a bit. I'm really thinking we see more of it considering the apprehension with the other WR's and the preseason running game woes.

Even expecting things to go poorly overall, i'm waaaaaay stoked about watching the game this coming Monday !!!

Baltimore is a tough game at any time let alone the season opener.

However, it's the MNF game so hopefully the guys in stripes get an extra incentive and play up a bit.

I'm going for a Ravens win but hope that with the primetime slot the Bengals keep it close and avoid an enbarassing blow-out.

Right now, Pacman is 3rd on the CB depth chart (Allen and Newman are the backups) and is a 2nd string kick/punt returner.

Combined with his injury history and being inactive wouldn't surprise me in the least.

How is Pacman 3rd when he hasnt even played? The way Zim raves about Newman I figured he would be 3rd. Excited to see who's going to be active.

How is Pacman 3rd when he hasnt even played? The way Zim raves about Newman I figured he would be 3rd. Excited to see who's going to be active.

Sorry, I meant third string.

Starters: Hall/Clements

2nd string: Allen/Newman

Really your thinking Sanu over Jones? I'll be kind of pissed if I'm not seeing Jones out there playing. I really think he is a guy they need with some good speed.

I agree, I'm just basing my guess on Jones' lack of time with the first-stringers in preseason. They seem to view him as more of a project. That said, the only WR it would really surprise me to see inactive Monday is Green.

Sorry, I meant third string.

Starters: Hall/Clements

2nd string: Allen/Newman

Oh ok that makes sense now.

I wouldnt mind Jones as a returner, from what I saw they might suck returning kicks and punts.

Here's what I try to figure out every year the Ravens and Steelers always have big injuries with the Steelers it's always on there O-line, but they always overcome them and win. Isn't about time the bengals do the same thing! So I wonder what it is about these other teams even the Giants last year, and Green bay a few years back and they even won the Super Bowl. It just always seems like when the bengals players goes down they can't win. So I often wonder is it coaching, or players not believing in themselves to win, always wondered about that.

McKinnie restructured, so nothing to see there.

In regards to the injuries, I would say it has to do with drafting and ensuring you have adequate backups.

The Bengals have been much better in drafting lately, but those other teams always seem to get it right.

I do believe however, the Bengals are setting themselves up that way in the coming years.

This season might surprise some as well. Time will tell.

Bernard Scott out for this game. I can't believe that we didn't press harder on acquiring a RB on cut day. Our RB core is not very good at all.

Bernard Scott being in or out of the game doesn't make out RB corps any better or worse.

He's been marginal at best and mostly disappointing.

I wouldn't even say that Peerman getting Scott's share of snaps would turn out any worse.

Seriously.

Bernard Scott out for this game. I can't believe that we didn't press harder on acquiring a RB on cut day. Our RB core is not very good at all.

Bernard Scott being in or out of the game doesn't make out RB corps any better or worse.

I wouldn't even say that Peerman getting Scott's share of snaps would turn out any worse.

Seriously.

It does hurt, based on depth. Leonard and Peerman appear capable but he's not in football shape, so maybe they should ae PUP'd him and brought in another quality back.

Seriously.

It does hurt, based on depth. Leonard and Peerman appear capable but he's not in football shape, so maybe they should ae PUP'd him and brought in another quality back.

BJGE is still an option for the opener isnt he?