Reds vs. Astros

ArmyBengal

The Reds finally have a night off tonight before starting up a 3 game series at Houston.

Stubbs killed them last time he was there, so maybe he can get out of this slump he's in.

Then again, maybe the play of Frazier has made that less of a concern.

Anyway, when they kick things off Friday, Leake, Bailey, and Arroyo will be pitching.

The Astros have lost 4 in a row and only won 1 in their last 10.

They are the worst team in the majors and the Reds need to handle this series.

The Cards start a 4 game series at the Nationals and as long as the Reds keep winning, I wouldn't mind seeing the Cards get the better of the Nationals in this series.

The Pirates get a day off as well and then travel to the Brewers for a 3 game series.

Oh yeah, the Reds are the first to 80 wins and 28 games over .500.

NICE !!!

GO REDS !!!

I'm really interested to find out what they do with the roster when Votto returns.

Does Phillips get moved to the leadoff spot ?? Does Frazier get more time ??

I will be interesting to see how Dusty plays it.

Nothing will happen to the roster because it goes to 40 on Saturday. The lineup is another story. However I don't think Votto will start any of the games in Houston. I don't think his knee is ready

I'm really interested to find out what they do with the roster when Votto returns.

Nothing will happen to the roster because it goes to 40 on Saturday. The lineup is another story. However I don't think Votto will start any of the games in Houston. I don't think his knee is ready

That's what I was referring to. What happens with the starters ??

Sorry to confuse.

Sorry to confuse.

I definitely want to see Phillips in the leadoff spot but with Frazier and Ludwick hitting like they are, I don't know what Votto has to do with it. Dusty could put BP in there tomorrow just fine. He no longer needs his bat in the cleanup spot.

And one more thing. Never feel the need to apologize to me around here. This is a sports board not a Dr Phil show. I'm not ever offended . You in particular contribute 10x more to this site than I do so you're the last person that needs to come clean with me. :D Thanks for clearing up your thoughts... :cheers:

Sorry to confuse.

I definitely want to see Phillips in the leadoff spot but with Frazier and Ludwick hitting like they are, I don't know what Votto has to do with it. Dusty could put BP in there tomorrow just fine. He no longer needs his bat in the cleanup spot.

And one more thing. Never feel the need to apologize to me around here. This is a sports board not a Dr Phil show. I'm not ever offended . You in particular contribute 10x more to this site than I do so you're the last person that needs to come clean with me. :D Thanks for clearing up your thoughts... :cheers:

Thanks SeaRay.

The only thing Votto has to do with it is you know he's starting when he can and that pushes Frazier somewhere else.

Well, hopefully it pushes Frazier somewhere else as a starter and there isn't a bonehead decision to bench him.

Stubbs kills the Astros, but i'm really looking to see what happens with those guys when Votto returns.

Aw, they scored a run and are only down 8-1. That's precious. :lol:

And that's how the game ends. The Reds go to 8 1/2 games up on a day off! St. Louis is slipping hard.

And this is what I was talking about. Yeah, the Cards lose and the Reds gain a half game in the standings and lose the top spot in the NL on percentage points. I suppose in the grand scheme of things, if the Reds keep winning, things will take care of themselves. Strasburg is said to have another 2-3 starts and will be shut down. That will hurt the Nats for sure.

I just can't stress enough how important I think homefield advantage is for our Reds and want to see it happen.

The Cards' offensive drought is really unexpected. They needed an error last night to score a run. They have been the best offense in the league up to this point

The Cards' offensive drought is really unexpected. They needed an error last night to score a run. They have been the best offense in the league up to this point

Yep, I saw the score of that game and was surprised.

Scoring runs has certainly not been a problem for the Cards this season.