Reds vs. Cubs

ArmyBengal

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reds win! That was the easiest walk-off ever.

Yeah... two pitches. :lol: Good clutch hitting by Paul and Hanigan! Now if the Cards can knock off the Pirates, things would be looking really good. They're still tied at 2 in the 8th.

Reds win! That was the easiest walk-off ever.

Yeah... two pitches. :lol: Good clutch hitting by Paul and Hanigan! Now if the Cards can knock off the Pirates, things would be looking really good. They're still tied at 2 in the 8th.

my Os just beat Detroit 2 out of 3 ib Detroit.... :cheers:

I don't care who wins... I just hope the game goes 27 innings.

If St. Louis wins the division lead goes back to 7 1/2 games.

my Os just beat Detroit 2 out of 3 ib Detroit.... :cheers:

Your birds may still make the playoffs.

Yeah, I know. But a 6.5 game lead with only 40 games left to play is still a good cushion.

The Reds also play Pittsburgh and St. Louis six more games each this year, so the Reds don't really need any help. They just need to keep taking care of their own business.

Cincinnati is 27-10 since the all-star break. If they keep playing even close to that (and with Votto coming back soon, I think they can), they are on pace to win 100+ games this year - meaning I'm not worried about the Cardinals or Pirates catching them.

Yeah, I know. But a 6.5 game lead with only 40 games left to play is still a good cushion.

The Reds also play Pittsburgh and St. Louis six more games each this year, so the Reds don't really need any help. They just need to keep taking care of their own business.

Cincinnati is 27-10 since the all-star break. If they keep playing even close to that (and with Votto coming back soon, I think they can), they are on pace to win 100+ games this year - meaning I'm not worried about the Cardinals or Pirates catching them.

I agree the Reds just need to take care of their own business. I'd just be a bit more comfortable with a 10+ game lead. Neither St. Louis nor Pittsburgh are bad teams.

Hopefully their bullpens take... oh about a month to recover from this. :sure:

You've seen games happen like this before. Teams exhausts their bullpen, and some bench player who hasn't pitched since high school ends up on the mound.

15 and counting :P

I think they see the Reds win today on the scoreboard, and really feel they cannot fall any further behind.

This is pretty hilarious, considering I mentioned a 27 inning game in the 8th inning. Who knew?

I'm still pulling for the Pirates in this game. I know that might not make sense in the immediate present, but I just have a feeling that the Cardinals are the more dangerous team. They have scored the 4th most runs in MLB, and have the 8th best ERA.

Frankly, I'm not sure how they find themselves 8 games out of the division lead, because they have biggest run differential in MLB... but I'd like to see them miss the playoffs entirely.

I just looked at the game stats, and both teams have pitchers left. Probably not relievers though.

I was just looking at it too. I noticed that the Cardinals have pitched 16 2/3 innings and haven't given up a single earned run yet. That's pretty impressive.

Well they just did to end the game.

Finally!