Reds vs. Mets

ArmyBengal

Make that a dodgers win and a 5 game lead for the reds :)

Los Angeles also moved within 1 1/2 games of Pittsburgh for the second NL Wild Card spot. They have a huge reason to play them tough. OTOH the Reds are facing the 55 win/60 loss Mets, who for all intents and purposes are out of the hunt for any post season play.

Timing seems to be in our favor this week.

Love to see the Dodgers get the win and I even made the comment in the last thread I think about how these coming series would be telling for the Pirates. What I don't want to see is the Reds let up. I like how Dusty said, the players are now realizing that regardless of what another teams record is, they are always gunning to knock off the first place team.

Don't look at the other team's record, just go kick their ass...

Nice to see Bruce have a good night.

Latos had a hell of a game pitching as well.

The game shouldn't have come down to this though, as they had the leadoff hitter on base in like 6 innings and juiced the bags twice, getting nothing.

In the end, it's a win and another game up on the Pirates.

I'm happy !!!

Well, we still have two more series with the Cardinals as well.

3 at home coming up soon and then end the season with 3 at St. Louis.

The good part is the Cardinals have 1 more against the D-Backs and then the Pirates come into St. Louis for a 3 game series. Someone is coming out on the wrong side and I won't complain a bit.

The Reds currently have the largest divisional lead in MLB. And they earned virtually all of it without Votto.

I'm also thinking about seeding at this point. Especially if Votto comes back in the next couple of weeks.

The Reds currently sport the best home record in all of baseball - so if they can get the homefield advantage in the playoffs, they'll be a very tough out.

I think it will be interesting to see what the Nationals do with Strasburg.

With the talk about shutting him down when he reaches so many innings, they are getting close.

I think that decision will go a long way in determining how things shake out.

Either way around, the Reds have to keep playing ball if they want homefield advantage.

If they get it, I agree they will be very tough !!

I think it will be interesting to see what the Nationals do with Strasburg.

With the talk about shutting him down when he reaches so many innings, they are getting close.

That just seems bizarre to me, but whatever...

What concerns me about St. Louis is that they currently have the best run differential in all of baseball. They just haven't seemed to click all at once (pitching+hitting). If they get hot, then they can be scary good.

Don't forget how their season played out last year...

Shhhhhhh! Hush your mouth

The Reds currently have the largest divisional lead in MLB. And they earned virtually all of it without Votto.

I'm also thinking about seeding at this point. Especially if Votto comes back in the next couple of weeks.

The Reds currently sport the best home record in all of baseball - so if they can get the homefield advantage in the playoffs, they'll be a very tough out.

Any News on Joeys return???