Reds vs Brewers

ArmyBengal

Tonight starts a 3 game series at the Brewers, the first of a 7 game road trip.

Arroyo, Cueto, and Latos take the mound for the Reds in this series.

The Brewers are on a 3 game losing streak and are 4-6 in their last 10.

They are still a team I hope the Reds don't overlook, posting a winning home record.

Also happy we don't have to worry about Greinke any longer.

The Pirates start an 11 game homestand tonight. However, 8 of those games will be against teams with a winning record. It will be interesting to see how things play out over the next few series.

Hopefully the Reds can respond to yesterday's loss the way they did the previous loss (with a 5 game winning streak). Obviously they won't keep winning at that torrent pace even when Votto and Phillips are both back, but it'd be nice if they can avoid any sort of crashing return to the mean.

A 6-3 loss to start the series huh ??

I blame this loss on the coaches. Baker, Price, whomever you wish.

I was watching the game last night and during the 5th inning, you could clearly see Arroyo wasn't able to locate his pitches. He was lucky he only gave up the one run. I told my wife if they trotted him out there in the 6th, I was turning it off and that's exactly what happened. I woke this morning to see Arroyo gave up 4 more runs in the 6th inning before getting pulled.

Just a stupid loss, putting the team in a 5-0 late in the game.

Not heartbroken, but not pleased either.

The Pirates won last night as well...

I don't know if this was a simple letdown after a big series, but they just don't look like the same team out there in this series. I could be off, but it's almost as if there is no sense of urgency for them. I has my concerns heading into this series. Oh well, they can't win them all huh ??

What a crappy week. The Reds go on a losing streak, and my wife wrecks the truck again. Third time in a year! Not good at all.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ5ob9B9yD4

Ouch Billy....

What a crappy week. The Reds go on a losing streak, and my wife wrecks the truck again. Third time in a year! Not good at all.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ5ob9B9yD4

Ouch Billy....

What are you gonna do? Women simply can't drive. She's nailed two cars and my house and she doesn't drink a drop.

Maybe that's the problem. ^_^