Reds vs Pirates

ArmyBengal

Here's a little tidbit I found. The victory was the Reds’ 22nd victory in 25 games, their best such streak since the 1890s.

You read it right. A LONG time ago. Simply incredible! The days of the Big Red Machine may have returned.

Not quite, Billy, but very close:

From Elias: The Reds' 6-5 win over the Pirates improved their record to 22-3 since July 6. Cincinnati has recorded 22 wins in a 25-game span only once in the last 120 years. The "Big Red Machine" went 22-3 from June 18 to July 13, 1975.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a little tidbit I found. The victory was the Reds’ 22nd victory in 25 games, their best such streak since the 1890s.

You read it right. A LONG time ago. Simply incredible! The days of the Big Red Machine may have returned.

From Elias: The Reds' 6-5 win over the Pirates improved their record to 22-3 since July 6. Cincinnati has recorded 22 wins in a 25-game span only once in the last 120 years. The "Big Red Machine" went 22-3 from June 18 to July 13, 1975.

This is The New Big Red Machine.

TheNewBigRedMachine.png

This pic from todays game kind of blows my mind...

sheen.jpg

Is Charlie Sheen hopping on the bandwagon too? :lol:

i like this pic...but the tripplets are alot nicer!!!! :P

This pic from todays game kind of blows my mind...

sheen.jpg

Is Charlie Sheen hopping on the bandwagon too? :lol:

i like this pic...but the tripplets are alot nicer!!!! :P

I had to retire them with the Reds rolling like they are. They may be back at a later date though.

Whatever happens today is gravy. At worst they've picked up a game...and if they can pull the sweep so much the better. Go Reds!

Yep. I said beforehand that I merely hoped the Reds could win 2 of 3. I also said I wouldn't be surprised if the Reds lost the series.

What the hell do I know? Get the sweep!

Whatever happens today is gravy. At worst they've picked up a game...and if they can pull the sweep so much the better. Go Reds!

Yep. I said beforehand that I merely hoped the Reds could win 2 of 3. I also said I wouldn't be surprised if the Reds lost the series.

What the hell do I know? Get the sweep!

That's the spirit!

Reds looked like crap most of the game today and I could care less.

The Pirates leave town 4 1/2 games back. Good for the Reds !!!

Next is the Brewers on the road.

Game thread to follow in the morning...

Homer Bailey didn't have his good stuff today... and AJ Burnett is the ace of the Pirates staff.

This is what I would have expected the Reds to play like when Votto and Phillips are out of the lineup.. so the fact that the Reds had the chance for the sweep is nothing short of amazing. Despite the disappointment with the loss... I consider the series to be a major victory.

If Elias doesn't even know the final score of Sat night's game

(5-4) then how can we trust what they say in the rest of that paragraph?

I think they need to decide by tomorrow night in Milwaukee whether BP can play and if not, they need to DL him

I'm hoping that doesn't happen. He was swinging such a ""HOT""" stick...

I think they need to decide by tomorrow night in Milwaukee whether BP can play and if not, they need to DL him

Why? What if he'll be ready by game 3 of the series? What does putting him on the DL do for them?

I thought that was obvious. One of the rules of MLB is that when you DL a player, you can add someone to take his place. In other words they'd have 25 players at their disposal instead of the current 24.