22 Years

duus

22 years ago I moved away from the Cincinnati area ... and 22 years later I am again a resident.

22 years ago the Reds won their last championship ... and 22 years later ...

In all seriousness, these are exciting times for our Redlegs. It is so good to hear Marty's voice on a nightly basis again. My kids are quickly getting spoiled thinking that they get to sit in front of the t.v. each night and see a late inning victory, watching every Chapman pitch with more and more excitement.

And now the fun of seeing Marty go bald?!?!

Just wanted to say, "Hi" to everyone again and share how wonderful this new season is for a guy and his family that have finally made it back into town 22 years later. How great it would be to see that world championship come back to Cincy, knowing that the last time I lived in the area they won their last one. Big weekend coming up against the team from a 'not-so-loved city' in southwestern PA ;-) .

Great to be back.

For what it's worth, I wanted to go back to San Antonio, where I had a teaching job lined up.

However, Mrs. ArmyBengal thought it best to bring the kids back around family and I couldn't really argue.

While I would have liked to have gotten back to training Soldiers, this was the right decision.

I really do enjoy being back home around family, friends, and the sports teams I love.

I'm happy for anyone that finds that type of joy in life !!!

22 years ago I moved away from the Cincinnati area ... and 22 years later I am again a resident.

22 years ago the Reds won their last championship ... and 22 years later ...

I sincerely hope your premise about coming back to Cincy and the Reds winning Championships proves true!

Duus, great to hear from you again. I missed your posts since you have been gone.

It is a great time to be a fan of the Reds and the Bengals. It should be a very good finish to this year for us fans.

It must feel like an anchor being lifted from your neck, being back in cincy and out of Pittsburgh.

Nice to have you back but when did you last hear Marty? I don't think I've heard him do an inning since the All Star break...

Yeah, 'nightly' was clearly an exaggeration, huh? It does seem like it's been awhile now that I think about it. BTW ... my wife had never heard Brantley until the other night. Now she loves imitating his voice, and then the kids chime in as well. Go figure.

Nice to have you back but when did you last hear Marty? I don't think I've heard him do an inning since the All Star break...

Yeah, 'nightly' was clearly an exaggeration, huh? It does seem like it's been awhile now that I think about it. BTW ... my wife had never heard Brantley until the other night. Now she loves imitating his voice, and then the kids chime in as well. Go figure.

I'm one of the few who really like Brantley. He is what he is and no one can claim that he's not a huge Reds fan. I do expect to hear Marty when I turn on the radio, though. He only works 6 innings a night and he gets a lot of time off in the Fall and Winter. I don't get why he needs most of July off too

I'm one of the few who really like Brantley. He is what he is and no one can claim that he's not a huge Reds fan. I do expect to hear Marty when I turn on the radio, though. He only works 6 innings a night and he gets a lot of time off in the Fall and Winter. I don't get why he needs most of July off too

He is old and this year he has a new wife. Got to save some of that energy for the bedroom this year.

Duus wow its great to see you on hear again!! And I'm glad your back home!!!

Thanks. Heading back to the armPitt of America this weekend one last time for the closing on the home. Trying to think of how I should commemorate the event. Now there is a thought that would likely be worthy of a thread all by itself!

Thanks. Heading back to the armPitt of America this weekend one last time for the closing on the home. Trying to think of how I should commemorate the event. Now there is a thought that would likely be worthy of a thread all by itself!

May I suggest after the closing, leave a steaming dump on the porch.

He is old and this year he has a new wife. Got to save some of that energy for the bedroom this year.

Hmmm. I didn't realize that so I decded to do a little research. Seems as though this is wife #3 for him. I figured she'd be a young babe. Seems as though I was right on the first point but I wouldn't go so far as to call her a babe:

/>http://cincinnati.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=39569301&event=1313713&CategoryID=27431&picnum=2&move=B#Image

My guess is she's younger than Thom

May I suggest after the closing, leave a steaming dump on the porch.

Make sure you print out the Steelers' logo and leave the steaming pile right on top of it.