Reds vs. Padres

ArmyBengal

It wasn't the best game by Arroyo by any stretch, but it was one of those nights where it was enough.

Ludwick is hitting beastly lately and it would be nice if he stayed with that trend.

Now, lets go win the series this afternoon with Cueto on the mound at home.

NOTE: Todays game has a 12:35 ET start time.

Makes it puzzling as to why Dusty has decided to sit Ludwick today. He's your hottest hitter, Phillips and Votto are out, why rest him today? Wait to rest him after Phillips/Votto come back

Puzzling indeed. I guess it's Heisey's turn to get hot.

Or at least he better make it happen today.

Can't say as I understand that decision.

I don't see it as puzzling at all. Dusty is resting him up for the Pirates series.

Dusty has made it a habit to rest Ludwick immediately after he has a monster game lately, save for the consecutive 4 RBI efforts the last two nights. I've wanted to gripe, but Luddy just keeps smashing the baseball at nearly every opportunity. Without him today the Reds have still managed 3 runs in the 2nd inning, too.

Good series win for the Reds, and riding a nice 3 game win streak to boot!

Yep. And they are 17-3 since the all-star break... which is ridiculous.

Even if they only win 50% of their games from here one out, they'll still have 92 wins - which would be their best seasons since 1999 (when they won 96 games).

They should do better than that though... because they have the 2nd Easiest Schedule in the NL from here on.

They are currently sporting a .610 winning percentage, which would be on pace for a 99 win season... Cincinnati's best since the Big Red Machine in 1976.

They are currently sporting a .610 winning percentage, which would be on pace for a 99 win season... Cincinnati's best since the Big Red Machine in 1976.

Which coincidentally is the year they won their 2nd consecutive World Series sweeping the Yankees, I graduated high school and joined the Marines. ;)

Playing against the Padres at home should have produced a series win, so i'm happy that's what happened in this 4 game series.

Again, beat the teams you are supposed to beat and nut up this weekend. I hope the ballpark is packed !!!

I'll start the Pirates thread up in the morning.