Reds vs. Padres

ArmyBengal

The Reds come back home and start up a 4 game series with the Padres tonight.

Leake kicks things off tonight against former Red, Edinson Volquez.

When Volquez started against the Reds in the last series, it was their only win in that series.

The Padres are on a 2 game losing streak and 5-5 in their last 10.

The rest of the starts for the series go to: Bailey, Arroyo, and Cueto.

The Pirates start a 3 game series against the Cubs tonight and get a night off before coming to town.

GO REDS !!!

Well the Padres have 43 wins with 60 losses. The Reds have to be careful not to slip here though. Also when you look at this winning streak they have going on, it's come against some teams that basically stink, and San Diego falls into that category. The streak could easily run to 13 with this series, but the Pirates come to town after that and things will get real interesting then!

On a sidenote here, Bud Black (the Padres manager) called my house a few years ago to wish my wife a happy 50th birthday. They grew up as next door neighbors, went to school together in Longview Washington, and their families remain close.

Come on Reds keep it going. The Cubs have been playing a little better ball so maybe they will beat the Pirates some. ( Man that stilldoesnt sound right) :o

Not to get off track, but with the Pirates, the only pitching matchup I don't like is in game two with Leake and McDonald starting. McDonald just seems to have the Reds number. Hope they can catch up with his pitching this time around. The other two games have Latos and Bailey starting and I like the emotion those guys have been pitching with lately.

Getting back on track, this is a nice 4 game series for the Reds and they need to keep the pressure on the Pirates to keep pace. People can say what they want about the Reds not playing first place teams through this streak, but the thing is, they have won every game. In looking at the Pirates, they haven't been playing any first place teams either, so it's a wash.

Just keep doing what you do Reds and things will work out just fine when the Pirates come knocking...

Dude, i'm never going to another game this season.

I should have known better than to f*ck with a winning streak.

Sorry I let the team down tonight. :lmao:

On the other hand, Leake sucked fat goat balls tonight after being handed a 3 run lead.

Simon must have felt bad for Leake and gave up 5 of his own.

I thought Bray was going to do the same before getting out of the jam.

Oh well, you can't win them all, but they missed an opportunity to gain a game tonight.

Time to start a new winning streak tomorrow.

We had a great time tonight, so there's no real complaining on my part.

Minus Leake and Simon sucking that is...

Damn I see why they lost now! LoL Army you going tonight are you??

I hope he did. :)

Nope, I didn't take off the summer and am still taking courses, so I was soaking up knowledge last night.

I didn't however catch the last portion of the game last night and saw the great catch by Frazier.

Not only that, but the player that I can't seem to stop mentioning, Paul got another pinch hit last night.

Just for some perspective, in 13 at bats (yeah I know it's only 13 at bats), he's 7 for that 13.

That's good for a .538 BA carrying a .571 OBP and a nearly .700 slugging percentage.

Oh yeah 2 runs, 2 RBI's, 2 doubles, 2 stolen bases, and only 1 strikeout.

He's a left handed bat people have been wanting us to trade for as well.

He might be the next coming of (name your player) but he deserves the time and some.

It wasn't the best game by Arroyo by any stretch, but it was one of those nights where it was enough.

Ludwick is hitting beastly lately and it would be nice if he stayed with that trend.

Cairo is killing me, getting no production whatsoever.

Mesoraco goes on the 7 day concussion DL and called up Catcher Dioner Navarro.

I hope Navarro can find a way to improve on that .193 BA.

Oh yeah, Mesoraco got 3 games and fined for "poking" the chest of the ump.

I was right down close watching that happen and while Mesoraco did get in on him, the ump escalated that situation and did absolutely nothing to keep it from getting to that point. 3 games ?? Whatever, I like the fact Mesoraco was willing to defend his pitcher when it really did look like Leake was getting shafted on calls.

Now, lets go win the series this afternoon with Cueto on the mound at home.

NOTE: Todays game has a 12:35 ET start time.

Absolutely. Win this one today and go up by 3 1/2 games. With a 3 game series with the second place team on the horizon, the division is for the taking. With a win today, by Sunday evening they will be either 1/2 game up, 2 1/2 games up, 4 1/2 games up, or 6 1/2 games up. Every win this weekend amounts to a 2 game difference. Division games matter a ton, especially in August against the next closest team. Bring it!

It wasn't the best game by Arroyo by any stretch, but it was one of those nights where it was enough.

Ludwick is hitting beastly lately and it would be nice if he stayed with that trend.

NOTE: Todays game has a 12:35 ET start time.

Makes it puzzling as to why Dusty has decided to sit Ludwick today. He's your hottest hitter, Phillips and Votto are out, why rest him today? Wait to rest him after Phillips/Votto come back