Reds vs. Astros

ArmyBengal

The Reds get back on the road and start a 3 game series tonight against the Astros.

Latos, Leake, and Bailey take the mound in the series.

The Astros are riding a 6 game losing streak and sitting in dead last in the Central.

Here's to hoping the Reds don't overlook them and continue their winning ways.

They need to because until the Pirates play us again, they face the Cubs, Astros, and Cubs again.

I see their winning ways staying right where they are.

GO REDS !!!

This Astro team has no stars. They just traded their best Bullpen ace. And the Reds should pwn up on the happless Astros!!!! I don't know what Astro management is doing but the fans should sue them for lack of support!!!!

Finally the Reds get a some help on a day when they win. Even if it's only 1.5 games and it might not last long, it feels good.

W. Rodriguez was definitely the best pitcher the Astros had to throw at the Reds, so hopefully we can take a road sweep. Leake vs. Harrell tomorrow looks pretty evenly matched though. The offense better show up again.

The Reds are again doing what they should in beating the teams they are suppose to beat.

The difference this season ?? They are beating the teams many thought were better than them as well.

Hope Leake has a solid outing tonight and the bats keep hitting.

Nice to see both the Pirates and Cards lose for sure !!!

GO REDS !!!

Dude, watching the game last night was great. I got home from classes around 10pm to find the Reds down 2-1 in the 7th.

It wasn't looking good at that point, but knew you could never count them out and it was only a single run.

I even made the comment here about them needing to get it done in the top of the 9th and then BAM, Stubbs homers.

I think for me, the win was not the only fun part, but that it came at the expense of Cordero, who we had seen the same thing from many times when he was here as a Red. It was poetic justice for having to endure all the times he would come in a game and stress me the f*ck out.

Anyway around, the Reds find themselves 2.5 games up on the Pirates and trying for not only the sweep tonight, but a 7 game winning streak. Oh yeah, if you weren't able to watch the game or see highlights, Xavier Paul was spot on last night. Not only did he go 3-5 with 2 RBI's, but he also had a stolen base, and made a nice play from the outfield in throwing out a guy going to 3rd. I don't know if he's the answer long term or not, but it looks like he's earned some more playing time.

As soon as Cordero came in my hopes for a comeback increased dramatically. I feel bad for the guy and felt that he got too much heat from fans while in Cincy, but was happy to be on the other side of his blown save for a change.

And here's hoping Xavier can keep impressing. I was so happy when they brought him up instead of giving Costanza (sp?) another chance.

Agreed, Skyline. I think we've seen more than enough of Mike Costanzo and Willie Harris this season. It's nice to see Paul making himself useful.

Hopefully Bailey can win this favorable pitching matchup tonight and get the Reds to that elusive 7th straight win they missed out on during the last three 6 game winning streaks (saying that feels so good).

We have 4 6 game win streaks no other team has more than 2 :)

Come on you 7th straight tonight :)

I can see them getting their second straight series sweep tonight, but even if they don't, winning six out of every seven games for the rest of the year doesn't bother me a bit.