Reds vs. Diamondbacks

ArmyBengal

Moving on, the Reds stay at home with a 4 game series, starting tonight against the Diamondbacks.

The Diamondbacks are riding a 3 game losing streak, so it would be nice to see that continued.

For the Reds: Arroyo, Cueto, Latos, and Leake take the mound in the series.

They will need to do well, because the Pirates get the next 3 at the Rockies, who are sucking balls.

Just go take care of business.

GO REDS !!!

Moving on, the Reds stay at home with a 4 game series, starting tonight against the Diamondbacks.

The Diamondbacks are riding a 3 game losing streak, so it would be nice to see that continued.

For the Reds: Arroyo, Cueto, Latos, and Leake take the mound in the series.

They will need to do well, because the Pirates get the next 3 at the Rockies, who are sucking balls.

Just go take care of business.

GO REDS !!!

Livin' where I do I get to see a lot of Dback games. They're a streaky team. Not too good on the road either at six games under .500.

The Reds have a good chance to at least maintain their division lead.

So, Votto's out 3-4 weeks. I knew something still wasn't right. dry.gif

Crap. Others are just going to have to step up and hopefully fill the void.

I'd like to add this is the 3rd straight day I've gotten to watch the Reds game live. The local Phoenix station will be carrying the games this week!

I'm hoping they go out and get an actual leadoff hitter, hopefully to fill CF and be at least a switch hitter or lefty. Frazier filling in is not the problem, can Rolen return to a respectable average? Having him, Valdez or Cairo in the lineup everyday could be a big problem.

Holy s**t. Cueto gets out of two consecutive bases loaded jams, and the Reds still lead 4-0!

Did I mention I love being able to watch the games day after day? ^_^

Whoa! Dusty put in Leake as a pinch hitter! He didn't do too shabby either.

Not nitpicking, but the Reds got out hit 8-5.

Funny thing is, the Reds only needed one hit when looking at it.

In the first, Stubbs walked, moved to 2nd on an error, stole 3rd and then scored on a wild pitch.

In the third, Stubbs walked, Cozart walked, and then Ludwick hit the 3 run shot.

Game over.

Not nitpicking, but the Reds got out hit 8-5.

Funny thing is, the Reds only needed one hit when looking at it.

In the first, Stubbs walked, moved to 2nd on an error, stole 3rd and then scored on a wild pitch.

In the third, Stubbs walked, Cozart walked, and then Ludwick hit the 3 run shot.

Game over.

Really they could have been no-hit and still won the game 1-0. Sure would have been alot more nerve racking though.

Now we've got freaking Wilson Valdez hitting second. Dusty Baker can't grasp the most fundamental lineup concepts. I blame him for the Reds' offensive woes this year before any of the players. Even with Votto healthy, they can't possibly be consistent when the top of the lineup is so terrible.

Valdez at the top of the order ??

They better hope and pray his average and OBP go up drastically, because as of right now, I have no hope the top of the lineup is going to be productive. If they are, it will be dumb luck. They might as well get Billy Hamilton all the way up here and throw him in there. At least when he got on base, he would be good to steal a couple and get into scoring position.

This batting order has sucked donkey balls all season long.

How they are where they are actually surprises me.

I'm happy, but surprised.

Nothing being said about the Reds coming back from a 6-0 hole to win 7-6 ??

Phillips homered and had 5 RBI's today.

Leake doesn't get out of the 6th after getting shelled for 11 hits and 6 earned runs.

The bullpen comes in and only gives up 3 more hits and the bats came alive for the comeback.

Chapman gets the save again.

I caught the tail end when I got back in from work over here Phillips and Fraser save our bacon and chappers blows them away.

my lineup would be

Stubbs

Ludwick

Fraser

Phillips

Bruce

For the top Stubbs is only lead off because he's been hitting recently maybe swop Phillips with ludwick and Fraser with votto when he gets back.

I could live with that, UK. My preference for most games during Votto's absence:

Phillips

Cozart

Frazier

Ludwick/Bruce

Bruce/Ludwick

Rolen

Stubbs

Hanigan/Mesoraco

Pitcher

I keep Cozart in the top two so some decent slugging capability can be maintained at the 5 spot, since the best alternative to Cozart is probably Ludwick. When Heisey starts he can take the 2 spot and send Cozart down below Bruce (who'd clean up for Ludwick).

When Votto gets back:

Phillips

Frazier (when he starts) / Cozart (when Rolen starts) / Heisey (when he starts)

Votto

Ludwick

Bruce

Cozart/Rolen

Stubbs

Hanigan/Mesoraco

Pitcher

This is what I'd like to see

Coco Crisp/Ichiro Suzuki/Juan Piere/any vet leadoff hitter they can get

Phillips

Cozart

Frazier

Ludwick/Bruce

Bruce/Ludwick

Rolen

Hanigan/Mesoraco

Pitcher

When Votto gets back Rolen has to be the one that losses the most playing time Frazier has shown he is a better player as of now.