JJoe says Bengals are Cheap

ArmyBengal

Mike Brown may very well be cheap but one fact won't change and that is the fact that football is his job/income whereas it's hobby for most owners. That has to play into how they run things. Like it or not, the Bengals support not only Mikey but the entire Brown family. He doesn't have oil wells or Microsoft to fall back on

He doesn't have oil wells or Microsoft to fall back on

Yep, just his 800+ million dollar NFL franchise.

800+ million because he and his dad run/ran it like a business instead of a hobby.

That wasn't meant to be funny or smartassish by any stretch.

He's a lawyer and person who takes a real business approach to the organization.

As much as I might quibble over MB at times, there are still owners that have tons more cash flow coming in and haven't been as successful as MB has recently.

He doesn't have oil wells or Microsoft to fall back on

Perhaps not. But contrary to the knobs at WDR, I doubt Mikey stuffs his profits into mattresses in Indian Hill. What his investment portfolio looks like is anyone's guess, but I'm sure it's big and diversified. In short, if the Bengals vanished tomorrow, no one in the Brown family would feel much urgency to get a job.

Cool, one year. My bad.

There's giving an honest opinion and then there's going to far with it.

If he wants to complain about how they didn't support him during a time like he went through in Houston with the miscarriage, fine. That's not what he's saying. He said he didn't get soap , deodorant, and Gatorade. That's just stupid beyond words for a multi-millionaire to complain about something that doesn't cost $15 bucks combined. There's just no reason to do that. It comes across as unprofessional and ignorant.

Just give a simple professional answer and move the f*ck on from a place you don't even work at anymore.

It's like going to a job interview and when asked about your former boss, you call then a cheapass.

Good luck in getting that position. There's just no need.

Dont misunderstand me, I dont think complaining about not getting free gatorade or soap is the best solution in the world. I just wont chastise someone if they were just answering a question. Without any insight to the lines of questions etc I am not going to jump to conclusions that he called up the media a year later in an elaborate revenge scheme that hes been planning since a rookie because Mike Brown limited his gatorade. Its clearly a slow news week when this post lasts this long too, and thats a good thing this close to training camp because no good news can come of this time.

In his chat with the Enquirer Marvin said that the lack of availability of free things in the lockeroom is his policy not the Bengals. Interesting no?

“I was told this morning about Johnathan’s comments that were printed,” Lewis said in a Wednesday chat on Cincinnati.com. ”It’s my fault that I feel that a playerdoesn’t need to take a dozen Gatorades home in his backpack each night and that we are paying him a salary. I’m sure that Johnathan would not have been one of the abusive players but it is my policy.”

From PFT. Even they think Joseph sounds like an idiot and that's saying something.

• 2 weeks later...

We kept the better corner, JJoe's career won't be anything special, he's a mediocre corner in the NFL. F 'em... MB is a cheap bastard though!

I dont agree Jjoe is and always has been a step ahead of Hall.

No disrespect but you're out of ur f**king mind! Hall's awareness and ball skill make up for this "step." Hall has always been the better corner. His ball skills are very underrated.

Joseph made it to the probowl? How did his team do? Probowl's aren't impressive. Joseph has gator hands and you all know it's true!

Joseph made it to the probowl? How did his team do? Probowl's aren't impressive. Joseph has gator hands and you all know it's true!

C'mon Gizzle, you are making an argument about something you haven't bothered to look into.

JJoe's team made it further in the playoffs due to two wins against our Bengals with an INT against them in the playoffs.

The only reason I liked Hall over JJoe was due to his durability.

Seems kind of even in that regard now.

We kept the better corner, JJoe's career won't be anything special, he's a mediocre corner in the NFL. F 'em... MB is a cheap bastard though!

Jjoe was a better cover corner then Hall,Hall was a more complete physical Corner,But your under estimating Josephs skills even Wade felt he was final piece that made Texans a Elite Defense...