Concerts

ArmyBengal

So I was wondering if anyone else here ever goes to see concerts either where they are or here in Cincinnati ??

We usually go see a handful of them here at Riverbend and were out for a funny one last night.

Mrs. ArmyBengal, myself and a handful of family and friends all went to see Lita Ford, Poison, and Def Leppard.

80's hairbands and an older crowd of people. I wasn't much interested in Lita Ford, but got there when Poison came on. They played a good set, but Bret Michaels sounded kind of rough. Def Leppard came on and I was amazed. Not only did they sound really good, they put on a pretty good stage show as well. It wasn't the crazy performances of the 80's, but it was pretty good.

Anyway, just thought i'd share and see who else goes to see some shows...

All the time. We're lucky here in Nashville to have the Ryman Auditorium which is once of the best places on the planet for live shows.

I've been to Riverbend a coulpe of times to see the Dave Matthews Band. Decent venue as long as you're in the seats and not stuck out in the lawn behind one of the barriers.

I believe my last show was Radiohead in Atlanta. I've been wanting to see them for YEARS.

See, i'm one of those people that rather enjoy being out on the lawn. They placed artificial turf out there and have lawn chairs you can get as well. With the turf, it makes getting around and laying a blanket down (if you choose) easier. They now have graded some of the areas to make viewing the stage much better as well. I always liked having the video screens as well. That and tickets are usually half whatever the cheapest pavilion seats.

There certainly would be times I would prefer to be closer though, depending on the group.

I'm going to hit a few more this season, but am looking forward to seeing Journey again this September.

It's an older crowd, packed to the top, and one of the best sing along concerts you will ever attend.

Ahhhhh, Journey. I remember jamming out to them in my bedroom when I was 7 or 8 on my new fangle-dangle cd player while working a jigsaw puzzle and singing at the top of my lungs. I thought I was pretty much the coolest person on the planet.

We'll just say that I've since moved on in my musical taste :P

At the time you probably were the coolest person on the planet in your mind, but that's what makes music so great !!!

I've moved on in my music tastes as well, but there are some tastes I will go back to time and time again.

In regards to Journey, I saw them last year with the new singer and the dude is amazing.

Good music, good beer, and good people = good times. I can't wait.

At the time you probably were the coolest person on the planet in your mind, but that's what makes music so great !!!

I've moved on in my music tastes as well, but there are some tastes I will go back to time and time again.

In regards to Journey, I saw them last year with the new singer and the dude is amazing.

Good music, good beer, and good people = good times. I can't wait.

Love Journy music, always have. Its amazing how that new singer sounds just like Steve Perry...at least i think so. Have fun seeing them, i have seen them in concert a bunch also.