Why does Danika bother to drive race cars?

BengalszoneBilly

Patrick couldn't find success in Indycar. Now in Nascar she is even more in the weeds. It's a sad day when being eye candy gets you a ride in a multi-million dollar machine.

Aside of drag racing star Shirley Muldowney, women have no place behind the wheel of a racing vehicle. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Aside of drag racing star Shirley Muldowney, women have no place behind the wheel of a racing vehicle. <_<

Well, Dale Jr's sister had more talent than him, but he's the one wasting good rides.

Don't know if that says more about him or his sister though.

Well, Dale Jr's sister had more talent than him, but he's the one wasting good rides.

I thought one of John Forces daughters was pretty good at drag racing? Oh well, there will be a good women driver sometime soon. The story is just to tempting, if Danica would win a Nascar race it would be the lead on most news sites, not just sports sites.

Oh and she is not hard on the eyes either.

About 10 years ago my then 16 year old daughter got her driver's license. I bought her a total beater, a used Volkswagon that had the filthiest interior I've ever seen. It seriously looked like it was used to drive around the inside of a coal mine.

Anyway,

first night with her driver's license and car: She arrives home with a sizable dent in the rear quarter panel, explained she was trying to turn around on a country road and hit a telephone pole.

second night with her car: Calls me around 10 pm and I have to go pull her out of a ditch. But I can't because the ditch is so deep the car is resting on it's body, so a wrecker has to sling the car and lift it straight up.

third night with her car: She arrives home after a high school athletic event, and explains that while she was inside someone inflicted the notorious mystery dent on the car. Those of you with teenage drivers are undoubtedly familiar with the mystery dent. It can appear anywhere, anytime.

There will probably be a great woman race car driver someday, but it won't be Danica. Or my daughter.

• 2 years later...

Aside of drag racing star Shirley Muldowney, women have no place behind the wheel of a racing vehicle. <_</>

I thought one of John Forces daughters was pretty good at drag racing? Oh well, there will be a good women driver sometime soon. The story is just to tempting, if Danica would win a Nascar race it would be the lead on most news sites, not just sports sites.

Oh and she is not hard on the eyes either.

yes.

• 8 years later...

Danika's enthusiasm for speed, competitiveness, and pushing boundaries is stoked by driving race vehicles. Her motivation is fueled by the excitement of the racetrack, the surge of adrenaline, and the desire to win. For her, racing is a lifestyle that meets her needs rather than just a pastime.

5 hours ago, Aashvi78 said:

Danika's enthusiasm for speed, competitiveness, and pushing boundaries is stoked by driving race vehicles. Her motivation is fueled by the excitement of the racetrack, the surge of adrenaline, and the desire to win. For her, racing is a lifestyle that meets her needs rather than just a pastime.

Danika?  Is that you?