Suggs Tears Achilles

Did he really tear it playing basketball? That could get sticky contractually with the Ravens.

I guess he'll have more time to spend on ESPN 2 with Skip Bayless now

Seeing some people saying the Ravens are lucky to have drafted Upshaw (and yes, things would be even worse if they hadn't)... but Upshaw wasn't drafted to replace Suggs. He was drafted in hopes that between him and Paul Kruger, Jarrett Johnson (who left in FA) would not be significantly missed.

Instead of Jarrett Johnson and Terrell Suggs, the Ravens will be forced to rely upon Paul Kruger and Courtney Upshaw as immediate starters. That is a MAJOR downgrade.

Suggs says he's going to be back in 2012. We'll see. According to him it's a partial tear and he's going to have surgery. Normal recovery time is 4-6 months, which pushes things into early to mid September at the absolute earliest. My bet is that he starts the season on PUP and we find out his fat around week 9. In any event I think we can scratch him for the opener.

My bet is that he doesn't come back at all. Even with a partial tear, things can be dicey in not only recovery and rehab, but once you get back to full action there's a concern in the back of your mind. If he does come back before end of season, he won't be the Suggs of 2011. At least that's my thought.

I still hate it for him and the Ravens, as I think injuries suck.

• 2 weeks later...

In today's 2012 Bengals opponents injury news, it looks like the Eagles just lost their starting left tackle for the season.

/>http://tracking.si.com/2012/05/14/report-eagles-jason-peters-retears-achilles-will-miss-2012-season/

• 3 weeks later...

....and now his backup is gone for the season as well

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8000129/baltimore-ravens-lb-mike-mcadoo-tore-achilles-tendon-ota-according-report

Talk about the injury bug biting early! :blink:

Nice to see it bite someone else besides the Bengals, though. Gawd knows they could use a healthy year or two.