UDFA Signings

HoosierCat

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burfict confirmed. Prep for the sh*tstorm.

Also:

Tony Dye, S, UCLA

Arkansas State DE Brandon Joiner

Why would/should there be a sh*tstorm for? If they would have drafted him high or something stupid then i could see it, but they didnt even draft him so why not. If he acts up or sucks, hey show him the door, but hell who knows he could be pretty good after all, we dont know.

Oh, hell, I would have been fine if they had burned a late pick on Burfict. Our LBs are average on a good day. Hopefully Marvin can make something out of him. He strikes me as Odell v2.0.

I'm just not looking forward to reading the 1,000,000 "ha ha criminal bungles" stories this will generate.

Can someone really offer up b*tching in the thought of getting Burfict as an UDFA ??

Is the guy a complete idiot ?? Sure he has been recently for sure.

Does he play a little off at times and take penalties ?? He has.

However, all that aside, his talent alone had him once as the best LB in the draft and an easy first round pick.

Where's the downside in that ?? If he screws up, he's gone. Nothing lost.

HOWEVER, what if Zimmer finds a way to get through to the kid ??

Just what if that for a second or two.

I LOVE this UDFA signing !!!

He strikes me as Odell v2.0.

you say that like it's a good thing.

been there, done that.

Only this time, it doesn't cost us a 2nd round pick.

Or any pick for that matter.

Even if he is the second coming of Thurman or worse, it's still worth giving him a shot.

Nothing lost for the Bengals.

He strikes me as Odell v2.0.

you say that like it's a good thing.

been there, done that.

Say what you want about Odell but he was insanely gifted. Also insanely undisciplined. And, unfortunately, an alcoholic who couldn't defeat his demons.

As far as I know Burfict doesn't have an alcohol problem. So that's a plus. But he's insanely gifted -- and insanely undisciplined.

If -- IF -- the coaching staff can get Vontaze's head out of his butt, he could be stupid good.

But thats one hell of an if.

There's definitely no reason to complain about it, but I don't think anyone really is. I expect nothing to come of it, frankly, but it's definitely worth a try. It's pretty cool that the Bengals were able to snag him since I'm sure they weren't the only ones interested.

Emmanuel Lamur, Kansas S

TE Bryce Davis

Lamar is a big Safety-6'4' 225. Davis is a tall-6'5"-and known for his blocking prowess.

And I love the Burfict signing, if only to hear the fans from other teams squeal. You know they all were hoping that wild man would go to their team. I like what I've seen from the Bengasls' UDFA list so far. Tony Dye, especially, is worth noting- a talented guy and a really hard-hitting S- but dogged by a pretty serious injury that impacted his season.

Burflict is a f**king maniac. They'll get him cheap, and at the very least he'll probably explode someone's cranium on teams in year 1 before he implodes and gets kicked out of the league. Nothing to say about this pick other than "Mike f**king Brown".

Oh, hell, I would have been fine if they had burned a late pick on Burfict. Our LBs are average on a good day. Hopefully Marvin can make something out of him. He strikes me as Odell v2.0.

I'm just not looking forward to reading the 1,000,000 "ha ha criminal bungles" stories this will generate.

Like the move we need someone with potential but agreed about the back lash getting tired of it when we,ve been one of better teams as of late when comes to players staying out of trouble...wheres vikings hate for jerome wheres seahswks for burning a 1st on a guy with troubles rams? Steelers? Patriots? People still ripping is for what happened in 2006

Redeemer! But they need a LB BAD and I will root for him, since they have decided to completely ignore the position and overrate Skuta and Co.

Well Imo Moch still has ton upside and could make for a great slb...we still have muckleroy only LB truly unhappy with on our roster is skuta just think the guy is nate livings of our lb corps

Bubba Forrest

/>http://www.currentargus.com/carlsbad-sports/ci_20506460/former-caveman-offered-contract-from-bengals

A former "Caveman" named Bubba. Sure, why not? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know. When I read that all I could think of was this :lol: :

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD36ZhpHPpE

Look, go read the Burfict story on ESPn magazine. Aside from the weed positive, it is a touching story. Guy has shyness issues, self esteem issues. From a very had upbringing. If Marvin can help him develop as a man and get a purpose and be a pro, this guy could be very special. He reminds me of David Harris or even Demeco Ryans. IF he can simply settle in and be part of the family, he has all pro talent.

What I see is a guy who loves football but has development issues. Marvin knows when/where to take a risk. High return/low risk with Burfict. Consider Ahmad Brooks, took some time, and ultimately did not work here but Brooks is part o the best LB corp in the NFL in SF now.