5th Round #1: Shawn Prater

ArmyBengal

TJ isn't wrong yet, folks. Nobody knows how this will turn out.

No one said he was wrong.

If I said that Iloka will blow out his knee before the first game, you couldn't tell me I was wrong... until I'm proven wrong. But that doesn't mean I have anything to base that opinion on either.

The point is, Iloka was a highly rated prospect that the Bengals were able to steal late in the draft. The vast majority of unbiased opinions out there was that the Bengals did very well for themselves with Iloka and Jones.

So when those reviews are compared with the complaints of a self-proclaimed Mike Brown hater and disillusioned Bengal fan... it's hard to listen to without rolling your eyes. That's all.

I dont know how hating Mike Brown and evaluating a draft pick are related

*shrug*

anyone who isn't a bit disillusioned about the Bengals after 20 something years of mostly bad football simply hasn't been paying attention

I'm glad they've been fairly good the past 3 years

Hating Mike Brown and being a disillusioned Bengals fan keeps you from being objective. You see a 5th round draft pick and don't immediately know where he fits... so you assume it the same old Bungles.

It's not a problem, as long as you're willing to admit it. I'm not objective either. I just tend to err to the side of optimism.

The interesting thing though is that unbiased analysts are sucking the Bengals dicks about this draft more than just about any Bengal fan... even the most optimistic ones, like myself.

All of that to say, the negative nancys among us have to try really hard to find something to complain about. And I reserve the right to point and laugh at the attempt.

I'm seeing a wasted pick. pick they could have packaged to move up earlier, or traded for a pick next year. This guy wont

make the roster. Do you think this guy beats out 2 of the following?

Leon Hall

Nate Clements

Adam Jones

Jason Allen

Rico Murray

Brandon Ghee

Dre Kirkpatrick

They will probably keep 6 CB's Max.....

I'm sure they could have gotten a 4th next year from somebody for this 5th. Polk was also still available....

Not liking this pick.

Dont think its wasted we have alot of older guys and you never know he could suprise and win last spot on roster...I see clements Leon Dre and allen as locks last twos depends if ghee or this kod show promise then cut pacman or newman

This is the inly other pick I am only *meh* with. Prater is decent but would have preferred Coryell Judie from Texas AM.
/>http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d827e164c/2012-Combine-workout-Coryell-Judie

tell me this does not remind you of JJoe.

Maybe they can UDFA him.

This is the inly other pick I am only *meh* with. Prater is decent but would have preferred Coryell Judie from Texas AM.
/>http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d827e164c/2012-Combine-workout-Coryell-Judie

tell me this does not remind you of JJoe.

Maybe they can UDFA him.

You would have preferred a UDFA to Prater? You're wierd.

Not sure why people think Ghee might be hard to beat out for a roster spot for this guy. Ghee has already been cut once from this team, and never really made an impact when he's had a chance to do so. Not to mention he's been hurt more than he plays.

Seems to me the door is wide open for Prater to take, at least, Ghee's spot.

Locks:

Kirkpatrick

Hall (if healthy)

Clements

Likely locks:

Allen

In scrum for last two spots:

A. Jones

T. Newman

Prater

Ghee

Seems to me, if Prater flashes in camps, that the Newman insurance policy may not need to be cashed in.

Not sure why people think Ghee might be hard to beat out for a roster spot for this guy. Ghee has already been cut once from this team, and never really made an impact when he's had a chance to do so. Not to mention he's been hurt more than he plays.

THIS.

Seriously, this is what I was trying to say yesterday, only not as well (Thanks Mem).

Ghee has been nothing more than any fan wearing a jersey in the stands, except getting paid more.

THIS.

Seriously, this is what I was trying to say yesterday, only not as well (Thanks Mem).

Ghee has been nothing more than any fan wearing a jersey in the stands, except getting paid more.

One of Marvin's cryptic comments from yesterday, included a mention of guys not spending as much time in the training room this year because of the new draftees.