Bengals vs. Jets

PatsFanTX

Example

Kinda like everthing that went on in this topic started by JoiseyCat.

ONLY ONE EXAMPLE

Too many threads turn into shouting matches and the frustration of repeating yourself over and over again, or defending your comments for the umpteenth time.

Not everyone does it, not everyone does it to certain people's degree. Some may even be trying to be funny.

Who cares? It's all ripping. Hey, it's a forum, it doesn't matter anyway because last time I checked Marvin Lewis is running the team so it really doesn't matter what we all think the team should do. It only comes down to what Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown think.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not calling you out Bob, or anyone else for that matter. I've always liked your posts.

I appreciate that.

I think perhaps sparring with Barb has left you a little bitter.

Can't beat 'em, join 'em. F**k it.

Honestly, it doesn't matter what is posted because someone is going to come along and rip your (meaning anyone's) well thought out post to shreds instead of discussing it decently and offering alternative opinions. All too often it is a complete rip.

So what the hell?

All good points. I check out the Bengals forum on insiders.com periodically when things are slow over here, and it seems that they spend more time over there bashing each other than they do talking football. I'm sure an outsider could get the same impression here based on select threads (i.e. this one :lol: ), but the reason I think this is the best Bengals forum around is because there are allot of constructive people here who are very knowledgable (more so than I) about the Bengals and football in general. I just want it to stay that way. I'll admit I probably over-reacted in my first post in this thread (wouldn't be the first time). It's a good thing I have people like you and Billy to bring me back down to earth :D

Example

Kinda like everthing that went on in this topic started by JoiseyCat.

ONLY ONE EXAMPLE

Too many threads turn into shouting matches and the frustration of repeating yourself over and over again, or defending your comments for the umpteenth time.

Not everyone does it, not everyone does it to certain people's degree. Some may even be trying to be funny.

Who cares? It's all ripping. Hey, it's a forum, it doesn't matter anyway because last time I checked Marvin Lewis is running the team so it really doesn't matter what we all think the team should do. It only comes down to what Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown think.

Point taken. I guess I look at that a little differently than I did this thread. Seeing Barb go at it with anybody doesn't really strike a nerve with me cuz well, he's just Barb and that's how he is. Being regulars on this board, we've come to expect that from him and I even miss it when it's not there (did I just say that?). Unless of course it's directed at me. :lol:

Since Blow isn't a regular, and he had good intentions (misguided, but good) it struck a nerve. He was trying to do something good and got blasted for it I don't think any one of us cared about patsfan cuz he'd never been an ass here, but I felt bad for him. He probably thinks we're a bunch of a$$holes based on what was said, and that's what bothers me. It's one thing to call a fellow Bengalszone poster some derrogatory name. We know what's up with that. But to an outsider, we're just a bunch of a$$holes. And every potential member here was once an outsider.

Ok, I'm done crying now. And oh yeah, Bob...you're a putz :lol::lol::lol:

I'm out of here for the weekend. I'll be back on Monday basking in the glory of our 28-3 romp over the turd stains.

WHO DEY!!

Yeah, I was in a mood too. My point does stand about the frustration in posting sometimes. I've mentioned this in PMs to certain people. We discussed how we have even passed on replying to some posts (one of the main purposes of having a forum like this) because we know what is going to happen. Endless repeating of points and justifying conclusions over and over.

Bloody difficult being optimistic sometimes.

I took an absolute beating on another board at this time last year because I backed Kitna and wanted him in there. Guess I got the last laugh though.

No offense, and none taken. Even after:

Ok, I'm done crying now. And oh yeah, Bob...you're a putz

you punk ass punk bitch! ;):D

BTW: I've had issues with the posts of more people than just Barbarian. For all of his "bitch" style posts I take him differently. He has a "in your face" approach to getting his point across. I really don't have a problem with that once you understand he humps trees, then it all makes sense! :D

See ya' Monday DB. Bengals 31 Browns 17. Or something like that...as long as we win!

(No offense Barb)

So, you're in for one rude awakening next weekend when your pretender team The Pets play the Patriots--the real AFC East Team. Have fun beating San Fran and flexing those 9 inch biceps next weekend.

Enjoy it while you can--Tom Brady and Company are about to smack you in the mouth.

Well guys, so far, so good. And the 69ers made Martin look like a RB god. Now the Patties will smack them in the mouth.

That's my premonition. Just call me Barbadamus.

:lol::lol::lol: