Bengals vs. Jets

PatsFanTX

last year the jets D allowed under 19pts a game -- the Bengals 24 -- league avg 20

this game will be right at the over under mark

Probably. And a low-scoring affair isn't that unlikely. No, neither defense is that impressive, but it's Palmer's first real game, I doubt the plan will call for him too much. He'll take a few shots downfield but his primary duties will be to hand the ball off to Rudi and don't throw picks. On the Jets side, Moss was dinged up for a lot of preseason and Chrebet for all of it, so Pennington hasn't had a chance to get into sync with two of his top guys. I'm sure he'll take his shots, too, but I look for lots of quick hits to Becht and handoffs/short passes to Martin. If we saw a game with 10 FGs and no TDs I wouldn't be surprised.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is that?

And when you said Jetsinsider, I was assuming it was like BengalsInsider, where you can log on to any other NFL teams website without having to sign up for a new user name....

I guess I'm too lazy to sign up :rolleyes:

What the hell is that?

And when you said Jetsinsider, I was assuming it was like BengalsInsider, where you can log on to any other NFL teams website without having to sign up for a new user name....

I guess I'm too lazy to sign up :rolleyes:

There are like 6 or 7 Bengalszone members over on my site,you should come over.

either way ,a Paperbag challange means,if the jets win ,anybody who picked the bengals to win wears a paper bag avatar for the week,the Bengals win,anybody in the thread who took the jets gets the bag.

And when you said Jetsinsider, I was assuming it was like BengalsInsider,

Nah Tate, it's nothing like that. It's forum is just like ours here at Bengalszone. I'm posting over there too. Their link is posted on our front page.

What the hell is that?

I guess I'm too lazy to sign up  :rolleyes:

There are like 6 or 7 Bengalszone members over on my site,you should come over.

either way ,a Paperbag challange means,if the jets win ,anybody who picked the bengals to win wears a paper bag avatar for the week,the Bengals win,anybody in the thread who took the jets gets the bag.

Sounds fun.... ^_^

But why would you want a paper bag over this handsome face? :D

Some tidbits before this weekends game..

* The Bengals are 2-8 on the road against non-divisional foes in the last two seasons (2-4 against divisional foes)

* The Bengals last went up against the Jets in 2001 (a 14-15 loss). In that game…

o RB Corey Dillon rushed for 85 yards and scored 2 touchdowns

o QB Jon Kitna threw for 93 yards and tossed 3 interceptions

o Receivers Chad Johnson and Peter Warrick had only 5 combined receptions for 41 yards

* RB Rudi Johnson had four 100-yard rushing efforts in 2003 and then his next highest performance was 69 yards

* Chad Johnson has had ten 100-yard receiving games in his career to date (including five last season)

* Chad Johnson has only had two multiple-touchdown games as a pro

* Warrick has only had three 100-yard receiving games and one multiple-touchdown game

In the Past Three Seasons

* The most passing yards in one game was 411 yards by Jon Kitna against the Steelers in 2001

* RB Rudi Johnson had four 100-yard rushing efforts in 2003 and then his next highest performance was 69 yards

* Chad Johnson has had ten 100-yard receiving games in his career to date (including five last season)

* Chad Johnson has only had two multiple-touchdown games as a pro

Let's hope Rudi and Chad add to their figures Sunday. It's likely they will if Bengals D can keep out of zone and keep Jets off field.

I like M. Williams all but question whether he can handle Moss the way a healthy ONeal should be able to. Looks like we're gonna see what Madieu can do for real.

:player:

Ugh is it time yet???? Man AM I tired of waiting......

Bengals 20

Jets 17

BUT the biggest factor will be turnovers.

When asked about being prepaired for the Blitzes that the Jets are going to through at Carson....

QUOTE from Marvin Lewis: "If they Blitz us then they better be able to cover us deep....."

When was the last time a Bengals coach came back with that?

AWESOME!!!

Tee

The Bengals are pretty banged up going into this game, the o-line with the exception of maybe 1 player are all listed as questionable or probable. I hope that Palmer will have his reads down, cause the blitz just may be able to get through often.

As for the stats with Johnson only having 1 multiple TD game, and the 100 yarders, it comes down to the Bengals being able to spread the ball around and also the fact that they are a very good running team. I don't think those stats mean anything.

The Biggest stat was the 0-7 at Giants stadium, and the Bengals penchant for not playing well on road period. I was at the last game in 2001, and the Jets were being beaten badly in that game by Akili Smith and company!! Smith gets hurt and Vinny leads a comeback against an extemely ineffective Jon Kitna. That game was a wash, the season was a wash, and the Bengals are a different team now.

Bengals 24-21

Bengals 27 Jets 23

Don't take any stock in what happened in the preseason. That goes for the Atlanta game as well as the New England game. Preseason means nothing, nada, zilch!

Carson is going to make mistakes. It's the defense and the running game that will make or break this year. If the running game clicks, which it will with Rudi, the passing game will be fine. If the defense can force the opponents off the field without scoring after the offense makes a mistake we will be fine.

Us fans are hungry for good things as well as post season. I'm sure the team is too! We may not make it this year. I think we will, but we may not. But, if we don't make it this year, we damn sure will next year with Carson getting the experience he needs.

When mistakes happen, we need to be patient, and not boo the team. Get louder in support of the Marvin Lewis Bengals!! We are not just heading in the right direction.....we are flying in the right direction!

I've been away for a while...how is everybody?

Melissa Stark where are you?????????????????

BengalBobNC

Bengals 27 Jets 23

Don't take any stock in what happened in the preseason. That goes for the Atlanta game as well as the New England game. Preseason means nothing, nada, zilch!

Carson is going to make mistakes. It's the defense and the running game that will make or break this year. If the running game clicks, which it will with Rudi, the passing game will be fine. If the defense can force the opponents off the field without scoring after the offense makes a mistake we will be fine.

Us fans are hungry for good things as well as post season. I'm sure the team is too! We may not make it this year. I think we will, but we may not. But, if we don't make it this year, we damn sure will next year with Carson getting the experience he needs.

When mistakes happen, we need to be patient, and not boo the team. Get louder in support of the Marvin Lewis Bengals!! We are not just heading in the right direction.....we are flying in the right direction!

I've been away for a while...how is everybody?

Melissa Stark where are you?????????????????

BengalBobNC

What's up man? Do you still have my shrine up???

My baby Sharon has left the team.. any news on that?