Bengals vs. Jets

PatsFanTX

Bengals lose week one 24-13 .... the game is on the road and they have too many frickin injuries!!!! They will bounce back week two vs. Miami on ESPN Sunday night at PBS. Hopefully everyone will be back by then at full strength.

I'd agree with this...

Glad I read all of the posts first.

I'm not jumping ship either, but the fact remains that we have a tough time on the road .... and with the Jets in particular.

Bengals lose .... and everybody screams for Palmer.

( fast forward to week 2 )

Bengals win big at home and same people say " See I toldya he was the real deal ... Kitna who ? "

We're going to get off to a little of a rough start, but nowhere near the 0 n 4 of last year.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengal Fans, do not trust this Patriot clown that has posted. he has a huge agenda. He lives on a Jets board and constantly criticizes. He is simply trying instigate you guys.

In fact, the Jets board has a lot of respect for the bengals. In all honesty, given that the Jets have had a pretty solid team for the last 7 or 8 years (other than last season due to Penny's injury), I expected some more respect from you guys. The tone here is that you really think the Jets are a weak team. I am surprised. We'll see on Sunday.

Bengals fans, disregard everything this tool PatsfanTX has been saying. The guy is a troll of the worst kind.

He actually went to the Chargers board and told them that Jets fans called Drew Brees a washed up hillbilly.

The guy is a joke, do yourselves a favor and put that piece of trash out to the curb before he stinks up your house.

That having to be said......

Not one Jets fan is taking the Bengals lightly. In fact I dont think one Jets fan is taking any game this season lightly. The Bengals have a good squad and a helluva head coach. I think this is a great test for our defense this year, we will know right out the box how well we will fare with how well we play you guys.

Good luck next week and here's to a competitive entertaining game with no significant injuries on either side.

he seems pretty normal to me... and drew brees does indeed suck.

The tone here is that you really think the Jets are a weak team. I am surprised. We'll see on Sunday.

Hey Lester, I see you made it here from JetsInsider.com, and took me up on my invite to check out our forum.

The average magin of victory be predicted here is about 3 points, and even a few members a calling an outright Jets victory. I'd hardly call that a tone weak.

A weak tone is the 41-24 Bengal victory I predicted for the Falcons game. Obviously I was wrong. Embarrassingly so! :(

Jets 28?

The Bengals D had a hard time holdy teams under 20 pts last year, but didn't the Jets 1st team only had 2 Tds in 11 series in the pre-season and wasn't the Jets O 29th in the NFL in possession time last year?

Bengals 17?

I can understand the excitement over the new DC, but the Bengals O has all the makings of a scoring machine. B)

Rudi should have a field day running at Ellis and the 28th ranked D vs. the run, IMO.

Jets 28?

The Bengals D had a hard time holdy teams under 20 pts last year, but didn't the Jets 1st team only had 2 Tds in 11 series in the pre-season and wasn't the Jets O 29th in the NFL in possession time last year?

Bengals 17?

I can understand the excitement over the new DC, but the Bengals O has all the makings of a scoring machine. B)

Rudi should have a field day running at Ellis and the 28th ranked D vs. the run, IMO.

I think you guys are going to have a tough time stopping the pass and if curtis martin can find holes behind this O-line.

If we focus on Rudi and shut him down it's gonna be a tough 1st game for palmer to win on his own.....and if we can confuse and blitz palmer we can shut down your passing game and that makes you 1 dimensional and easier to beat.

Any # of things can happen but this is what i see.

Oh & i don't think rudi wil be running at anybody......if he's not looking for a hole,your O-line is going to have a tough time with our front 4

I sure the hell don't want to see any Bengal run at J. Abraham. He's looking real tough. Cowart, too, seemed real solid, but if J. Johnson is the first to hit him on the block it could be a long day for him.

If the Jets stop the run, it would make a difference but the sets the Bengals ran vs. the Colts should royally confuse a D that's still got to be wound tight w/ all the changes. I was shocked to see Brat call a five receiver set right out of the box.

I sure the hell don't want to see any Bengal run at J. Abraham. He's looking real tough. Cowart, too, seemed real solid, but if J. Johnson is the first to hit him on the block it could be a long day for him.

If the Jets stop the run, it would make a difference but the sets the Bengals ran vs. the Colts should royally confuse a D that's still got to be wound tight w/ all the changes. I was shocked to see Brat call a five receiver set right out of the box.

Should be a good game.

Hey PatsFanTx i see you lurkin.....it's your thread...Post something.

Hey PatsFanTx i see you lurkin.....it's your thread...Post something.

OK, here are 5 keys to the game:

1). Team that wins the giveaway/takeaway battle will have a huge advantage in the final outcome.

2). Time of Possession: If the Bengals win this they will probably be successful in running the ball. If the Jets win this, the D probabley has forced quite a few of 3 and outs.

3). Keeping Palmer out of 3rd and long situations. The key down each time the Bengals have the ball will be 1st down. If the Bengals can put Palmer in 2nd and 3rd short yardage situations, the 3rd down play call will have more options (run or pass) and can be quite conservative, thus minimizing potential mistakes by Palmer.

4). Big plays. I think both teams will have their share of big plays. Jets D is much more aggresive than last year and the Bengals will probably see a variety of different blitz packages. As with any team, when you blitz you will always have mis-matches in the secondary. Can Palmer capitalize on the mis-matches?

5). Bengals run O versus Jets run D. This is probably the most critical element of the game, especially with a rookie QB. If Rudi and company hang a buck fifty or more on the ground, huge advantage to the Bengals. If Jets D hold Bengals to less than 100 on the ground, huge advantage Jets.

This will be an excellent test for both teams and should be a great ballgame.

Man is this the JETSZONE...HA HA HA!! But its cool I like to see fans from the other teams come here to see what we are saying about the game. It makes me think that they ARE now worried about the BENGALS, it feels gooooooood!! GO BENGALS GO BENGALS 24 JETS 13 YOU HEARD IT HERE 1ST on the semiotter HOT LINE :player: :player:

Man is this the JETSZONE...HA HA HA!! But its cool I like to see fans from the other teams come here to see what we are saying about the game. It makes me think that they ARE now worried about the BENGALS, it feels gooooooood!! GO BENGALS GO BENGALS 24 JETS 13 YOU HEARD IT HERE 1ST on the semiotter HOT LINE :player: :player:

31-24 was my pick. Too much O for the Bengals to be stopped.

With an unproven rookie QB???? They are going to experience some growing pains.

Unproven?

To a certain degree. In preseason he has shown great promise, along with some of your aforementioned inevitable "growing pains". I think a more accurate term would be "the learning curve". Come this Sunday in New York he will get to "prove" during his first regular season game where he's at on this scale.

Rookie?

No, that was him last year as he backed up the Bengals 2003 starting QB Jon Kitna. While he studied the game and his QB position from current mentor from the sidelines, he was gradually learning the way the job is done without taking a regular season snap. Being thrown to the wolves has ruined MANY a young QB's confidence and hence their careers. IMHO Marvin Lewis did the smart thing by not playing him last year.

That being said, many pro football analysts who've observed him in action, along with most of us here, see a ton of potential in this former 2002 Hiesman Trophy winner. The ability to effectively command an offense with a cannon of an arm was readily evident during the game against New England. True, it was preseason, but they hadn't lost a preseason game in over two years! And they didn't come to Cincy thinking they were going to lose, but Carsons led some early drives for quick TDs, and it put the Pats off balance and they never recovered.

Conversely he seemed to fall behind the learning curve somewhat in his next game in Atlanta, and had to take a loss. Thankfully he got to learn when the games losses don't count against you! That changes next week. Then we'll know for sure where he and the Bengals are at as a team! Your Jet's have the home field advantage. That may be the deciding factor, because I anticipate whoever wins will do so by no more than 7 points! :player:

[quote name=

Oh & i don't think rudi wil be running at anybody......if he's not looking for a hole' date='your O-line is going to have a tough time with our front 4

You're ignorant.

Of course you are well aware of your competition and you do realize that the Bengals' offensive line is one of the best in the game, don't you?

You're dumb, and that sucks. You are also a Jets fan, which a far worse atrocity than your ignorance. You guys are going to get ass-pounded just shy of a week.

WHO DEY!

Come visit jetsinsider.com for some more fun with smack talk!!!

Come visit jetsinsider.com for some more fun with smack talk!!!

By the way guy's, Jets Insiders.com is Bengalszone's official rival site of the week. I've been visiting there all week, and I recommend at least giving the forum there a read.

It's another "Invision" type board like we use here at Bengalszone. The only thing is don't like is they must not be very tidy folks there, everything has kind of a moldy green hue to it! :lol:

Oh & i  don't think rudi wil be running at anybody......if he's not looking for a hole,your O-line is going to have a tough time with our front 4

You're ignorant.

Of course you are well aware of your competition and you do realize that the Bengals' offensive line is one of the best in the game, don't you?

You're dumb, and that sucks. You are also a Jets fan, which a far worse atrocity than your ignorance. You guys are going to get ass-pounded just shy of a week.

WHO DEY!

So Rudi is gonna have a field day with our D,is that what you are saying??

You are aware that you have a QB making his first NFL start?

Don't be supried when we walk away with the win.

Oh yea and let's not forget you are on the road....but im sure i don't have to remind a Die hard like you what your team does on the road.

ive been posting on the jets board somewhat today.  Pretty good stuff so far.  They dont flame and are pretty educated.

We try ;)

He wasn't talking about you, Smizzy. :)

Y'all are about to get pounced. You're overlooking us and you're going to pay for it.

Besides, home field advantage has to mean as much to Jets fans as it does to Mets fans. Both franchises are like the ugly step children teams in town.

BTW... This is all in good fun, which I am sure you know. I agree with you, though, it should prove to be a tough match up.

WHO DEY!