Bengals vs. Jets

PatsFanTX

The Key to beating the Jets will still be to run the football, and limit the amount of Throws Carson will have to make.

Average amount of offensive plays in an NFL game is 65 snaps. We're going to need at least 40 running plays to keep Pennington and his offense off the field long enough to make Palmers' 25 attempts fruitful.

We don't have to beat a team like the Jets with a lot of big passing plays, Just keep throwing running back after running back at their almost as weak rush defense and the game should take care of itself.

The Jets run defense is actually much better than last year. When you get into the redzone, the jets defense tends to tighten up. You may have to rely on your defense stopping Chad, because you will mostly be scoring with field goals.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think alot depends on how healthy/well the receivers play. The healthier the receivers the better Palmer will play. The Bengals will need a good running game from Rudi also. I think Palmer and the Bengals might have to gut out a win in the opener. It might not be pretty but as long as they get the W.

The blitzing that killed the Bengals vs. Falcons was their FS Bryan Scott, who seemed ungodly fast. The Jets FS is no where near that fast.

Plus, the Falcs blitzed their nickel back and had some success with LB blitzes. That kind of mayhem will help Palmer adjust better, although I thought he passed well with the pressure and made good choices considering he was short 3 of his best receivers.

The Jets might be better w/ 8 in the box vs. the run w/ either of their SS than the Falcs.

3-4 wise, I only recall 1 set vs. the Falcs on 3rd down. I thought they stuck pretty much w/ 3 LBs. The Jets might use it more.

Doesn't The Jets new Defensive coordinator have them switching back and forth from a 3-4 to a 4-3 on the Fly ?

That is with the same personal in the game.

Of the quarter or so I saw from the last 2 games, I don't recall seeing any 3-4. But they might have had an LB on the LOS.

They have the LBs to do it w/ Vilma in the mix now (Jets fans should be pissed they didn't get DJ Williams instead :rolleyes: ). Or they can try dropping J Abraham back but I didn't see any DEs roll off in coverage.

Of the quarter or so I saw from the last 2 games, I don't recall seeing any 3-4. But they might have had an LB on the LOS.

They have the LBs to do it w/ Vilma in the mix now (Jets fans should be pissed they didn't get DJ Williams instead :rolleyes: ). Or they can try dropping J Abraham back but I didn't see any DEs roll off in coverage.

The idea was to have Abraham drop back and play LB, when they switch to the 3-4.

I saw Defensive Coordinator Donnie Henderson hyping it on the NFL Network one night.

But I haven't been able to catch the Jets games.

Just wondered if anyone had seen them doing anything like that.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...1p-195087c.html

The Jets will open the season with two rookies occupying prominent roles in the secondary - SS Erik Coleman and CB Derrick Strait, who figures to be the nickel or dime back. Maybe it's a good the Jets don't face an experienced QB in the opener. The Bengals' QB Carson Palmer, will be making his first NFL start.

Would any Jet fans feel inclined to chime in here?

A couple have signed up and are waititng for activation...how long does that take?

I thought it was immediate, but we had some recent problems with some Tampa Bay fans, so maybe the administrator is reviewing all new members. They'll be approved shortly I imagine!

You all might be right about the L.

But don't jump ship just yet.

Some of the injury jones will straighten out. Palmer's got the goods in his blood and Rudi is a warhorse.

The D has a lot to prove. I say they come up w/ the gut check.

Natester time B)

Bengals 24-17

Oh, I'm not jumping ship. I'm still very optimistic about the season. Just need to get through what I think will be a rough beginning...

Would any Jet fans feel inclined to chime in here?

Jet fan here as requested. I have read about your injuries on o-line and the question always exists about a rookie(2nd year) QB. Here's some input from the other side

Offense - The most glaring hole going into pre-season was the oline and specifically guard. The was addressed with the signing of Kendall after he was cut by Ariz. Seems to have a good resume but until we see some real action it is still a bit of a ?. Best reference point is 3rd preseason game against the Giants they looked pretty good. The other concern here is some dinged up receivers. Moss hasn't played in preseason games(hammy) but is supposed to tonight. Chrebet is not playing tonight(quad) and is doubtful for the opener. There is alot of hope for MaCareins but he has been the only starter in preseason so it's tough to tell if the passing game can be in synch right out of the gate

Defense - Alot of ?'s going into camp with a new Coordinator, new secondary(1 CB/1safety, new LB's(2 out of 3) and a rep as poor run defenders.

Coordinator - Has been very aggressive with different blitzes 4-3, 3-4 with the result being a good looking pass defense and a better(but still not great) run defense.

Secondary - definitely looks like an upgrade with more speed

LB's - Faster but mixed results on run & short passes.

D-line - Very good on pass rush, jury is still out on run defense.

Good luck next week and no injuries.

I'll pick with my heart. Jets win 20-13.

Bengals fans, disregard everything this tool PatsfanTX has been saying. The guy is a troll of the worst kind.

He actually went to the Chargers board and told them that Jets fans called Drew Brees a washed up hillbilly.

The guy is a joke, do yourselves a favor and put that piece of trash out to the curb before he stinks up your house.

That having to be said......

Not one Jets fan is taking the Bengals lightly. In fact I dont think one Jets fan is taking any game this season lightly. The Bengals have a good squad and a helluva head coach. I think this is a great test for our defense this year, we will know right out the box how well we will fare with how well we play you guys.

Good luck next week and here's to a competitive entertaining game with no significant injuries on either side.

Bengals fans, disregard everything this tool PatsfanTX has been saying. The guy is a troll of the worst kind.

The guy is a joke, do yourselves a favor and put that piece of trash out to the curb before he stinks up your house.

NYSE, PatsFanTX has been pretty tame in comparison to some other real "winners" we've had to suffer here!