1st Round Pre-Pick Thread

ArmyBengal

Jenkins in the 2nd ??

His talent is unquestionable.

Unlike his character !!

Another story completely.

Aye, a story we've heard far too many times in recent years in connection with the Bengals

Jenkins in the 2nd ??

His talent is unquestionable.

Unlike his character !!

Another story completely.

Aye, a story we've heard far too many times in recent years in connection with the Bengals

How about Burfict having a positive test? Has there ever been a bigger drop in recent history? Sure, there have been guys who've not even made the NFL based on crime or other issue but Burfict was considered a top 10 pick before the season started. Now, he probably wont be drafted at all. Idiot.

#17 Floyd, Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, DeCastro, Barron

#21 DeCastro, Upshaw, Hightower, Hill, Kirkpatrick

#53 Zeitler, Sanu, Martin, Wilson, Trumaine Johnson, Josh Robinson, Boykin, Curry

#83 Polk, Pead, Marv Jones, Minnifield, B. Washington, Brooks, Iloka, Miller, Ta'amu, Irvin

#116 Hillman, Owusu, Givens, Turbin, Fangupu, McNutt, Meatoga, Gettis, Heyward, La. Green

#156 Ganaway, Rainey, Posey, Wright, Childs, De. Peterson, Kelemente, Vlachos, Hicks, Randall

#166 Ganaway, Rainey, Posey, Wright, Childs, De. Peterson, Kelemente, Vlachos, Hicks, Randall

#167 Ganaway, Rainey, Posey, Wright, Childs, De. Peterson, Kelemente, Vlachos, Hicks, Randall

#191 C. Gray, Criner, Compton, LeRibeus, Asa Chapman, Jean-Baptise, Vernon, R. Brooks, Leo. Johnson

These are the guys I like at each selection.

Obviously if we select Floyd in the first can can eliminate WR in Rds. 1-4 for example. If we select a corner or running back or defensive linemen in Rd. 1 or rd 2 it eliminates those positions for the rest of the draft etc.

1. Kirkpatrick. Safety or CB, take your pick-- we need both.

1. Upshaw. I think that he'd complement the other guys on the line well.

2. Janoris Jenkins. yeah, I know: Bengals sell their souls yet again. But honestly, look at the secondary right now.

3. Mike Martin, DT.

4. Marvin Jones WR. Good draft to need a WR.

5. Senio Kelemete OG. Ditto, OG.

5. Chris Polk, RB

5. Miles Burris, OLB

6. another WR.

No way does Polk last until R5.

I can't ever recall saying the player I want the most in any draft was a Guard, but DeCastro is the pick I want most.

My day is almost over at work and I feel like i'm all hopped up on Mountain Dew.

I can't freakin' wait !!!

No Doubt Draft Feels like Christmas ^.^

DeCastro. That safety from Alabama seems like he could be a game changer if his style translates to the NFL. I don't keep track of college players like a lot of you guys do. I usually wait until they draft someone, then read about them. I look forward to the draft a ton, though. It's always fun to see who we get.

I can't ever recall saying the player I want the most in any draft was a Guard, but DeCastro is the pick I want most.

My day is almost over at work and I feel like i'm all hopped up on Mountain Dew.

I can't freakin' wait !!!

I'm stoked, too. I've always liked DeCastro but until fairly recently was skeptical they'd spend a first on a guard. Now, I'm almost convinced they'd take him if he's there 17 -- which would thrill me to bits.

On the other hand, I'm not really digging Kirkpatrick or any of the other first round CBs in this draft. To me, it seems like the 2-3 round guys are more solid values and seem to fit the Bengals' style better than Gilmore or Kirkpatrick. I'm torn on Jenkins. I think I would be unsurprised if they took him at 21 -- and would even prefer the pick to Kirkpatrick.

I'm pulling for DeCastro at 17 and then Stephen Hill or Whitney Mercilus at 21.

Now, I'm almost convinced they'd take him if he's there 17 -- which would thrill me to bits.

I'm convinced that they won't take him at 17 even if available-- I think that Zimmer finally gets an asset.

but if still available at 21.... well, can you imagine the Great Fan Meltdown if Bengals passed on him twice?

one thing to consider: as was true for Steinbach, Mike won't sign a top guard like Decastro to a second contract. He'd play out his rookie contract years then move on to another team.

The Redskins confirm what everyone already knew: RGIII will be the second overall pick.

So...

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB

2. Washington Redskins - Robert Griffin III, QB

3. Minnesota Vikings - on the clock

Latest report is that the No. 1 player on the Vikes' board is Claiborn but I think that's a smokescreen aimed at Tampa.

I'm convinced that they won't take him at 17 even if available-- I think that Zimmer finally gets an asset.

I love me some Defense I love me some Zimmer but give him his asset at 21 if Dacastro is Available >.<...Protect the Red Rocket,Open Holes for Lawfirm unless said Defender is the BPA like someone fell in your lap that you didn't think would be there...

Latest report is that the No. 1 player on the Vikes' board is Claiborn but I think that's a smokescreen aimed at Tampa.

Thought Word was Buccaneers wanted Trent,Maybe smoke screen so if they do trade down someone won't jump them at 4# for Khalil

PS,So much for them trying to keep secret selections until their made.

Thought Word was Buccaneers wanted Trent,Maybe smoke screen so if they do trade down someone won't jump them at 4# for Khalil

The theory is this: if forced to pick, the Vikings will take Kalil. Meanwhile, at 5 Tampa will be happy with either Claibourne or Richardson. But if the Vikes take Claibourne and then the Browns do the expected and take Trent, then the Bucs are left holding the bag. So the Vikes are trying to spook the Bucs with that scenario by making noise about taking Claibourne.

Here's what the pundits at NFL.com are mocking for the Bengals:-

Mike Maycock: 17- Kirkpatrick 21 - De Castro

Michael Lombardi: 17 - Gilmore 21 - Upshaw

Charley Casserly: 17 - Reiff 21 - Kirkpatrick (previously 17 - Floyd 21 - De Castro)

Charles Davis: 17 - Kirkpatrick 21 - Upshaw (previously 17 - Kirkpatrick 21 - Stephen Hill)

Albert Breer: 17 - Gilmore 21 - Chandler Jones (previously 17 - De Castro 21 - Kirkpatrick)

Chad Reuter: 17 - Coples 21 - Kirkpatrick (previously 17 - Chandler Jones 21 - Kirkpatrick)

Greg Cossell: 17 - De Castro 21 - Kirkpatrick

Bucky Brooks: 17 - Fletcher Cox 21 - Kirkpatrick (previously 17 - Brookers 21 - Jenkins)

Steve Wyche: 17 - De Castro 21 - Kirkpatrick

Very high leaning for Kirkpatrick with the second first round pick, however the first first round pick is a wee bit more wide-open.... perhaps this is why this years draft is so exciting, there's so many possible options.

Only the coaches and Mr. Brown will have any firm notion on what they're gonna do .

The same Mike Brown that wouldn't add scouts, trade a star player, or spend in free agency?

Recent history indicates that that the old Mike Brown has been replaced by a clever simulacrum and the new Mike Brown might do ANYTHING. Heck he might even sell the Lumina!!!!!

Recent history indicates that that the old Mike Brown has been replaced by a clever simulacrum and the new Mike Brown might do ANYTHING.

Unless it's someone else's hand up his ass working the strings these days

and ANYTHING? ANYTHING??? Even getting a practice bubble ?????

Charley Casserly: 17 - Reiff 21 - Kirkpatrick (previously 17 - Floyd 21 - De Castro)

Me think's Casserly is on something he had Decastro falling all the way to 29

Recent history indicates that that the old Mike Brown has been replaced by a clever simulacrum and the new Mike Brown might do ANYTHING. Heck he might even sell the Lumina!!!!!

I think Marvin Finally was able lock Mike Brown in the closet with Tom Cruise.