1st Round Pre-Pick Thread

ArmyBengal

It's draft day b*tches !!!

It's like Christmas day for me. I woke up all jazzed about getting to work, looking forward to the draft tonight.

Last minute thoughts on things:

I know they like Kirkpatrick, but Gilmore is now the only CB I want in the first and appears he won't be there.

Upshaw has moved from an acceptable pick for me, to the one of the two picks I really want.

They can go in different directions with the 2nd first rounder, but i'm still hopeful for OG or WR depending on value.

So any combination of:

Gilmore

DeCastro / Glenn

Floyd / Hill

Upshaw

I know some might disagree (see Reedy) but I really hope to see a first round of:

Upshaw

Glenn

Ask me again in another hour and that could change...

I will say this, I am not "pre-hating" the pick, but if its Kirkpatrick, I will head into the camps news cycles with more reservations over him at that spot and his NFL upside than I will other picks.

I will say this, I am not "pre-hating" the pick, but if its Kirkpatrick, I will head into the camps news cycles with more reservations over him at that spot and his NFL upside than I will other picks.

I'll go ahead and pre-hate the pick. The media overhyped him. He's not a 1st round CB.

We'll see. The last two CBs they drafted were Hall and Joseph. That's a decent track record for evaluating 1st round CB talent.

Army, I'm with you. Giddy with excitement today...

interesting late mock:

http://www.profootba...inal-mock-draft

17. Dre Kirkpatrick over SGilmore and DDeCastro

A very talented cornerback with character concerns that will be overlooked by a sympathetic Mike Brown.

No more character issues please Mr. Brown.

PLEASE !

Is the draft televised? Don't think it's being shown on any of the British subscription channels (Sky Sports, ESPN etc) but wondered if it was being screened in case I could grab an internet link

I'm sure you can follow it on the net. ESPN, NFL.com, any of those should work for you.

I have the same odd feelings about Kirkpatrick as well.

I can't seem to get the feeling that we would be drafting Kareem Jackson vers. 2.0 and that hasn't worked out to well for the Texans to the best of my recollection.

My prior reservations about using a first rounder on a CB or WR have mostly subsided. I do think there are better directions they can go, but both picks ought to be wide open. So I'll say this:

If we take a receiver, I'm good with either Floyd or Hill. Wright looks like a bust to me.

If we take a corner, I'd greatly prefer either Gilmore or Kirkpatrick over Jenkins. Between the former two I am less concerned, because both strike me as flawed players that can be developed into stars. Gilmore has all the measurables, but he got toasted a few times in college -- quite like Leon Hall.

If DeCastro is available at 17 and they pass on him, I might have an aneurysm.

When looking through last minute thoughts on various websites, i'm still surprised how many people still think it's more than possible for either or both of DeCastro and Floyd to fall to #17. Talk about something that would fill me with joy !!!

And pass on a first round CB ???

We'd have an awesome air-attack and be susceptible to the same ........... every game a shoot-out

When looking through last minute thoughts on various websites, i'm still surprised how many people still think it's more than possible for either or both of DeCastro and Floyd to fall to #17. Talk about something that would fill me with joy !!!

We'd have an awesome air-attack and be susceptible to the same ........... every game a shoot-out

If they could miracle out of their ass a way to net both DeCastro and Floyd in the first, it would be like hitting the lottery. You go CB in the 2nd or even 3rd and not look back.

They spent a lot of FA adding vet depth to CB. As a result, I dont know that I think cb is a screaming need to be fed if their draft board yields a player they have graded highly still available at 17.

If they could miracle out of their ass a way to net both DeCastro and Floyd in the first, it would be like hitting the lottery. You go CB in the 2nd or even 3rd and not look back.

Co-sign.

They spent a lot of FA adding vet depth to CB. As a result, I dont know that I think cb is a screaming need

I think a lot will depend on how/when/if Hall recovers from the injury

1. Kirkpatrick. Safety or CB, take your pick-- we need both.

1. Upshaw. I think that he'd complement the other guys on the line well.

2. Janoris Jenkins. yeah, I know: Bengals sell their souls yet again. But honestly, look at the secondary right now.

3. Mike Martin, DT.

4. Marvin Jones WR. Good draft to need a WR.

5. Senio Kelemete OG. Ditto, OG.

5. Chris Polk, RB

5. Miles Burris, OLB

6. another WR.

They spent a lot of FA adding vet depth to CB. As a result, I dont know that I think cb is a screaming need

I think a lot will depend on how/when/if Hall recovers from the injury

That's where I differ slightly. I think they already know Hall is going to be PUP'd and why they brought in both Newman and Allen to get them through. With that being my thought, I think it allows them to wait until the 2nd or even 3rd to address the position should they desire.

My only issue with moving Kirkpatrick to safety is he would move to FS and Nelson is sitting there for at least the next could seasons. I would hate to draft a guy in the first and not be sure about what we were doing with him. If they wanted a true FS, I would prefer they just go after one in the second or third.

Jenkins in the 2nd ??

I think that would be the starting point for consideration.

His talent is unquestionable.

Jenkins in the 2nd ??

His talent is unquestionable.

Unlike his character !!

1. Upshaw. I think that he'd complement the other guys on the line well.

2. Janoris Jenkins. yeah, I know: Bengals sell their souls yet again. But honestly, look at the secondary right now.

3. Mike Martin, DT.

4. Marvin Jones WR. Good draft to need a WR.

5. Senio Kelemete OG. Ditto, OG.

5. Chris Polk, RB

5. Miles Burris, OLB

6. another WR.

I do not want Jenkins. After adding Kirkpatrick, they dont need another CB that high. Clements, Allen, Jones, Newman and Kirkpatrick will handle the load and when Hall gets back, they could be set.

I like the rest of the draft, though I doubt Polk lasts till r5. I don't think Polk gets past Green Bay in r3.

For the WR in r6, I hope they consider Michael Calvin from Cal: http://cache.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/michael-calvin-11/