Dennard Punches Cop in Face

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/21/draft-prospect-alfonzo-dennard-arrested-for-assaulting-a-police-officer/

Not exactly smart the weekend before a draft in which you're supposed to be a second round pick.

Dennard was a guy I was looking at as a possible pickup if the Bengals passed on corner in the first. Now? Not so much.

Give me Burfict in the 5th and I will be smiling greatly.

Dennard ?? Never really liked him anyway. No big deal...

I'll take a 5th round flyer on Burfict. If he busts... no big loss.

Dennard might be one of the most overrated CBs in recent memory. He was merely ok throughout the season... but was going against Big Ten WRs. What NFL caliber WRs has he faced? Toon? A 3rd or 4th rounder? McNutt? A 4th or 5th rounder? He was owned by Alshon Jeffery.

Dennard shouldn't have been sooner than the 3rd or 4th round before the arrest. Now? He should probably go undrafted.

This Burflict thing is starting to sound like the Shazor Train from years back - with the exception that no one is asking for him in the first round :-)

And the fact we have THREE 5th round picks.

Sounds like the perfect time to take a flier to me.

If he pans out, we have a dominant starting LB.

If he doesn't, we lost one of three 5th round picks we didn't expect to make the team anyway.

No harm, no foul...

This Burflict thing is starting to sound like the Shazor Train from years back - with the exception that no one is asking for him in the first round :-)

And the fact we have THREE 5th round picks.

Sounds like the perfect time to take a flier to me.

If he pans out, we have a dominant starting LB.

If he doesn't, we lost one of three 5th round picks we didn't expect to make the team anyway.

No harm, no foul...

The Bengals fifth round selections: Three risky, but talented players.

Posey WR

Burfict LB

Dennard CB

While I have no issue spending one of our 3 5th round picks on Burfict, I wouldn't take him any sooner and if we only had one 5th rounder, I wouldn't want it spent in that direction. Dennard ?? Never liked him to begin with, so anything that keeps the Bengals from drafting him is a positive in my book !!!

Taking him in the 3rd would certainly be less of a risk and there would be no other players of his talent still available. That being said, I still don't know how I would feel about him being the pick. I guess it would have more to do with who was there earlier when we pick.

If we miss out on other players and Jenkins was there in the 3rd, it would certainly be a consideration.

You've got to f*cking kidding me...

Has there been anyone in recent memory that was once thought to be an almost certain upper half of the first round pick to not being drafted at all other than him ?? Earlier today I was reading a story about him on ESPN, where he was saying just how misunderstood he was and how he really loves his lap dogs and stuff like that. I sounds like damage control, but I closed the story thinking the guy had some sort of personality disorder.

I can't say as I would still use one of our three 5th rounders on him now.

Not that I feel bad for him at all, but the situation is sad..

Burfict reportedly failed the drug test at the combine.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/report-burfict-hosley-failed-drug-tests-at-combine/

Idiot.

Burfict is an example of a guy who really doesn't care about football. He's just a violent guy who discovered a sport that allows him to behave in a violent manner. Nothing more, nothing less. He's too stupid and f**ked up to play in the NFL. I assume even Mike would find him unredeemable.