Reds vs. Cardinals

ArmyBengal

Ok, so after getting today off they start off another 3 game series with the Cards.

Cueto is back on the mound, with Lohse from the Cards.

The Reds sit 3 games back of St. Louis right now and while it's still way to early to say they HAVE to win anything, I think it would be a big boost of confidence to walk out of St. Louis with 2 of 3.

Here's something I found interesting after the first 10 games of the season.

Cueto, Arroyo, Latos, Bailey, and Leake have pitched on average almost 5 more innings than Chapman has.

However, Chapman has more wins than all of them (Cueto is the only starter with a win) and Chapman has twice the amount of strikeots (15) than any of the starters. I know the starters have to get run support and i'm not making that argument. I just found the difference between them interesting.

Go Reds !!!

I still think pitcher win/loss is absolutely meaningless. It's the most worthless statistic in American pro sports. Chapman has definitely been great though. If he keeps it up long term, I'd like to see him either as the closer or in the rotation. It might blow up in their faces, but they have to try. He's mowing down batters with his eyes closed.

I still think pitcher win/loss is absolutely meaningless. It's the most worthless statistic in American pro sports. Chapman has definitely been great though. If he keeps it up long term, I'd like to see him either as the closer or in the rotation. It might blow up in their faces, but they have to try. He's mowing down batters with his eyes closed.

Agree that win/loss might not be exact science in determining worth, but I was pointing out how dominating Chapman has been to this point. Agree that sooner or later a shot at the starting rotation has to be considered. What's the worst that could happen, him getting moved back to the bullpen to continue his dominance ?? Oh no...

Chapman is a starter IMO the fact that he is going at least 2 innings is more work than he got last year. I can see him in the rotation after the allstar break if the poor play of leake and homer continue.

2-3 from this series would be immense right now putting us 2 back from the cards at this point I'd take that considering the start so far.

Chapman is a starter IMO the fact that he is going at least 2 innings is more work than he got last year. I can see him in the rotation after the allstar break if the poor play of leake and homer continue.

I think it has more to do with Massett coming back healthy and pitching well.

Had Madsen and Massett both stayed healthy, I think Chapman would have been a lock for the rotation after the spring he had.

I went to bed after Cozart tied the game up.

While I thought that particular piece of hitting by Cozart was great, I can't help but think of the opportunity lost when they led off by getting the first two hitters on. Phillips can't lay down a bunt, ends up swinging away, and lines out. Worse, they double up the guy on first.

The inning before that while down 1-0 have Rolen get on base and they don't bother trying to move him into scoring position. They just swing away and end up with a couple of pop ups and nothing.

They just aren't playing sound baseball and look very undisciplined. The front office is going to be pissed off when, after spending all that money, no one shows up to support a sloopy ass team at home.

Dusty, pack your bags because I think your time is coming sooner rather than later.

I'm not a big Dusty fan, but it's not his fault the team batting average has been below .200. They'll give the team time to get their bats in order and then see how Dusty fares.

Same story as other years. The hitting is hot and cold. Sooner or later someone is going to have to answer.

After all the money spent, I expect that to be sooner rather than later if nothing improves.