Reds vs. Marlins

ArmyBengal

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pleasantly surprised at the Reds starting off the regular season with a shutout win, but then again, it's the Marlins we're talking about here. Either way I'll take the "W" and hope for another today!

I think the Marlins have a pretty solid hitting lineup: Stanton, Ramirez, Buck, Reyes, Morrison, Bonafacio, Infante and Sanchez. They were just shutdown by Cueto and Lohse the previuos game. Hopefully Latos can continue to keep these guys slumping.

I was pleasantly surprised at the Reds starting off the regular season with a shutout win, but then again, it's the Marlins we're talking about here. Either way I'll take the "W" and hope for another today!

I think the Marlins have a pretty solid hitting lineup: Stanton, Ramirez, Buck, Reyes, Morrison, Bonafacio, Infante and Sanchez. They were just shutdown by Cueto and Lohse the previuos game. Hopefully Latos can continue to keep these guys slumping.

Yeah, the Marlins are expected to be good this season. It's possible that they just haven't clicked yet...remember how we beat up on the Brewers in our first series last season?

Yeah, I won't bag on the Marlins just yet either and agree with the Brewers comparison.

That doesn't mean they will click, but give it some time.

The Reds have the day off today and start off again tomorrow in their night opener.

I hate the day off after opening day. I'd love to sit and watch another Reds game tonight.

The pitching has collapsed today. I believe it'll be our weak point all year.

I'm willing to wait more than 2 games before coming to any conclusions there :P

I'm just going off what I saw from Cactus league play. The Reds gave up way too many runs.

It's like they always say:

Things are never as good or bad as they appear.

While I think they looked bad last night, I really don't expect that to linger. It was as if Latos had stagefright last night. It was weird to watch. Did anyone else seem to think there wasn't a good connection between Latos and Mesoraco ?? Neither one appeared comfortable to me. I could be wrong...

It's like they always say:

Things are never as good or bad as they appear.

While I think they looked bad last night, I really don't expect that to linger. It was as if Latos had stagefright last night. It was weird to watch. Did anyone else seem to think there wasn't a good connection between Latos and Mesoraco ?? Neither one appeared comfortable to me. I could be wrong...

I had Latos on a fantasy team last season, he started slow and by the end of the year was throwing like an Ace.