Reds vs. Marlins

ArmyBengal

It's opening day baby !!! :cheers:

So the Reds kick things off this season with the Marlins in a 3 game series, followed by another 3 game series at home with the Cards. I hope they can make the most of their first 6 games being at home.

Today Cueto takes the mound against Buehrle, with Latos getting the start tomorrow.

Here's hoping this is the first step in seeing the Reds win the NL Central this season !!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Madson cut me deep with the injury, but i'm still pretty hopeful and Chapman and Marshall should be pretty formidable.

I was surprised when the Reds signed both Madsen and Marshall, but I'm very gald they did. Marshall has been one of the best setup relievers for the past couple of seasons and now he gets the chance to be the closer on a very good team. I dont think the Reds lose much with Marshall instead of Madsen, other than a proven 8th inning man. Hopefully Chapman/Masset/Bray/Ondrusek can fill that spot.

I too hope the Reds do well this year, but in exhibition play they really didn't look that good, especially the pitching. Maybe the coaches were looking for overall play, but their record wasn't that great out here in the Cactus league.

I really don't look for anything special in spring training as it's more of a see where you are and try diff things so their record in cactus league really means nothing look at frazer lit it up and is still optioned to triple A.

The 2 starters I'm worried about are arroyo and bailey if arroyo continues s**t from last year more losses there and bailey looked poor in all but one of his spring starts only reason he is there instead of chapman is due to his lack of pitching from the bullpen.

Defence looks quite solid offence hopefully lights it up like we know they can and we could be playoff bound if I'm wrong about the starters which I hope I am.

I have said it for a long time and will continue to say it, I don't like Homer Bailey.

Bailey has worn out his welcome, but I am hoping he turns it on this year and brings us all back to the Homer fan club.

And what fan club is that ?? The one filled with promise and potential never to be realized ??

I for one would like to revoke that membership.

I have said it for a long time and will continue to say it, I don't like Homer Bailey.

Bailey has worn out his welcome, but I am hoping he turns it on this year and brings us all back to the Homer fan club.

And what fan club is that ?? The one filled with promise and potential never to be realized ??

I for one would like to revoke that membership.

I had a lot of hope for great things out of him 3 years ago, if he can finally bring it, I'll jump back on the bandwagon.

The defense looked good and they just appeared to be having some fun out there.

I hope they can keep that mindset going through the season.

By the way, old man Rolen looked good as well.

Like I told my wife, while watching Rolen hit the gap for one of his patented stand-up doubles, if he can be the player he was 2 years ago the Reds are playoff bound. I love watching him dig out groundballs at third, one of the best Third Baseman I have ever seen.

Looks like Volquez had a mixed day for the Padres yesterday.

Gave up 3 runs in 5 innings and took the loss, but also had 7 strikeouts. On the downside, he walked 4 and two of those walks were with the bases loaded.

I think he has more talent than anyone I've seen in a very long time...I'm going to be bummed if he leaves Cincinnati and finally pulls himself together.

Looks like Volquez had a mixed day for the Padres yesterday.

Gave up 3 runs in 5 innings and took the loss, but also had 7 strikeouts. On the downside, he walked 4 and two of those walks were with the bases loaded.

I think he has more talent than anyone I've seen in a very long time...I'm going to be bummed if he leaves Cincinnati and finally pulls himself together.

Volquez has the talent, but so does Latos. Latos is ready now, Volquez might be ready now. This is showing the win this year attitude the Reds seem to have for this season.