Bengals Defense line getting alot worse.

Kazkal

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess i'm just the "Bad Fan" for being mad the front office feels it prudent to sit back, let solid depth leave, wait until the draft, lock up the draft strategy, and basically blow off the fact they are further under the cap than ever before, all for the thought of signing guys a couple years down the road. So if they draft players this year that turn out to be studs, won't they have to consider resigning them as well in a season or two ?? They are just putting off the inevitable and looking poor in the process.

Worse for the front office, they are further pissing off a fan base that left the stadium in droves despite fielding a playoff team.

Yes, there are still guys out there that would make a difference, but I no longer have faith in them to get it done.

Grubbs will end up in New Orleans and Bush will land in Chicago. I mean God forbid they use some of the money they were planning on using on Fanene and Rucker to go towards those key pieces.

How fans aren't more mad is really beyond me.

I guess that's just me and my poor upbringing.

As for frostie the browns showed him the money.

Is it just me or do the Brownies pick off a lot more of our guys than we do theirs? what's up with that? Why do our players give them such hard ons?

Also... consider that the Bengals were considered suitors for both Mincey and Langford before FA even began. Rucker and Fanene were adequate rotational guys... but it sounds to me like the Bengals were already planning on upgrading both spots...

That's fine, but let's not pretend that the Bengals have a good track record of replacing contributors. They've been trying for years to replace Whit at LG after he was forced to move to LT due to Levi's injuries. They've gone through countless millions and multiple high draft picks and still haven't replaced TJ. MLB has been a treadmill since Marvin arrived and it's far from clear that Rey is the answer. SSLB has been a void since TKO left.

Hopefully this plays out differently, but I won't be surprised a bit if it doesn't.

Also... consider that the Bengals were considered suitors for both Mincey and Langford before FA even began. Rucker and Fanene were adequate rotational guys... but it sounds to me like the Bengals were already planning on upgrading both spots...

That's fine, but let's not pretend that the Bengals have a good track record of replacing contributors.

Perhaps you are right. But I can also think of plenty of instances in the last couple offseasons where the Bengals went out and replaced role players with upgrades (Howard, Lawson, Nelson, Nugent, Leonard, Benson, Crocker).

Free agency and trades are hit and miss... just like anything else. Whether the Bengals get upgrades or get guys who don't pan out remains to be seen. My only point is that this doesn't appear to be something that caught Mike Brown by surprise - given that they were already testing the FA market prior to losing both Fanene and Rucker.

So I'd just say we calm down a bit. We're not exactly the Houston Texans, losing arguably the best RT and DE in the NFL during the same offseason.

This is all making me wonder how feasible a legit, long term D-line rotation is. If guys are rested and perform well, of course they're going to want to play more AND get paid more. I don't mind losing frostee or fanene because they were hurt all the time and, when no rotation was in place, were only so-so players. Seems to me that drafting well is the best way to maintain a strong d-line rotation.

That being said, I think mid-level players (who weren't playing with a rotation) could come to cincy, play in a rotation, and really shine.

The loss of Rucker and Fanene will only REALLY sting if we lose Pat Sims, too, IMO. The whole line's play dropped off when he got hurt in the end. I don't think we need to bring in any outrageous names, but keep Sims and keep working the rotation.

Sky's not falling people.

Thing I hope gives us a favor in Bush is he would be much bigger part of our Offense then if he joined the Bears who alrdy have Forte.

Oh wait, he was benched in favor of Rucker last year because his poor play.

I thought it was more Rucker is more suited for Running downs where MJ is suited for Passing Downs.

MLB has been a treadmill since Marvin arrived and it's far from clear that Rey is the answer. SSLB has been a void since TKO left.

I'm Still fan of seeing Moch take over SLB,Guy has so much Upside.

It appears Kendall Langford has had his cup of coffee in Cincy and is back on the road.

Kendall Langford lines up visit to St. Louis

Posted by Evan Silva on March 15, 2012, 2:18 PM EDT

Free agent defensive lineman Kendall Langford visited the Bengals on Thursday. He appears to have left Cincinnati’s facility without a contract.

Per Orlando Alzugaray of 640AM in Miami, Langford is headed west to visit the Rams.

Langford looks like St. Louis’ fallback option if it loses free agent Jason Jones to Seattle. After dining with Rams players and club officials on Wednesday night, Jones visited the Seahawks on Thursday.

Langford goes 6-foot-6, 295 and has been a quality run stopper in the Dolphins’ 3-4 defense. He would be changing schemes to a 4-3 with the Rams, where Langford’s role would be much different.

Jones is the No. 11 overall player on the PFT Hot 100. Langford is No. 34.

I agree with keep Sims if at all possible. But I get the feeling he wants a new team. All the unspoken stuff just points that way. They never included him in any of their must keep type statements, and he was resoundingly silent.

It is frustrating watching the Bengals do zilch during free agency, but everyone please remember the teams that go hog wild on free agents often don't do well in the actual season. Win the free agency season doesn't equal win in the regular season. Having said that, I feel like they could at least plug some holes with mid-level guys, freeing up draft picks to target the areas we have left. Right now we're full of holes.

Check this quote out from Frostee upon his arrival in Cleveland. :blink:

Rucker happy to be a Brown

By Matt Florjancic, ClevelandBrowns.com Staff Writer

New Browns defensive lineman Frostee Rucker wanted an opportunity to play and be a part of team success in Cleveland. For defensive end Frostee Rucker, a four-hour move north on Interstate 71 was all about opportunity.

Rucker played in a rotation system in Cincinnati and officially joined the Cleveland Browns organization Thursday after finding the right place to show his skills. In a conference call with the Cleveland media Thursday afternoon, Rucker said he was “happy to finally be a Brown.”

“It was pretty much a no-brainer,” Rucker said of signing with Cleveland. “When I got in town, the organization and how it’s built, all of the coaches that are on that staff and the goals they’re trying to reach, it was just a no-brainer wanting be a part of something on the rise.

Whatever dude... whatever. :rolleyes:

The organization and how it is built? What the f**k is he talking about? The Browns have been built with their heads firmly lodged in their asses. I guess that's attractive to Rucker.

Well, y'know, at least Rucker got to meet the coaches and all.

Today, with all these FA visits, know where Marvin was?

Oregon's Pro Day.

I can just see Porter and Langford walking in now.

"Hi, I'm Jim Lippincott. I have my ass in the front!"

Oregon's Pro Day.

So wrong, but they don't even have Lippincott now to greet them with his muffin top camel toe.

I think this tells you how much sway Marvin has regarding FA's and contracts. And it likely means no one gets signed any time soon.

Check this quote out from Frostee upon his arrival in Cleveland. :blink:

Rucker happy to be a Brown

By Matt Florjancic, ClevelandBrowns.com Staff Writer

New Browns defensive lineman Frostee Rucker wanted an opportunity to play and be a part of team success in Cleveland. For defensive end Frostee Rucker, a four-hour move north on Interstate 71 was all about opportunity.

Rucker played in a rotation system in Cincinnati and officially joined the Cleveland Browns organization Thursday after finding the right place to show his skills. In a conference call with the Cleveland media Thursday afternoon, Rucker said he was “happy to finally be a Brown.”

“It was pretty much a no-brainer,” Rucker said of signing with Cleveland. “When I got in town, the organization and how it’s built, all of the coaches that are on that staff and the goals they’re trying to reach, it was just a no-brainer wanting be a part of something on the rise.

Whatever dude... whatever. :rolleyes:

I hope the Browns gave Frostee a thorough tour of their training room. That dude will never make it through a full season as a starter. I'd give him five games. Five. He'll be hurt before the start of the Browns sixth game and they'll be starting an undrafted free agent in his spot.

Oregon's Pro Day.

So wrong, but they don't even have Lippincott now to greet them with his muffin top camel toe.

I think this tells you how much sway Marvin has regarding FA's and contracts. And it likely means no one gets signed any time soon.

Camel toe hell it's more like moose knuckle!

Hmmm. Do we really want businesses at the Banks owned by Browns players:

Well, in The Banks, some Bengals players have decided to open up an Orange Leaf: America's Frozen Yogurt, where they will sell..... frozen yogurt. According to WLWT, those Bengals players are Frostee Rucker along with Robert Geathers, Kevin Huber and Pat Sims and others.
>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/3/12/2865775/bengals-players-opening-orange-leaf-frozen-yogurt-at-the-banks

Boycott! :angry: