Scheduled FA Visits to the Bengals 2012

membengal

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, derek would be on cloud 9 if that were the case.

Me, let's just say I very much doubt they are planning a run at Wallace.

If they did, would it be the 17th or 22nd pick given to the Steelers? 22nd right?

And also. Can Wallace decide not to sign with the Bengals if they offered and Steelers didn't match?

CAn the Bengals have him in for a visit like other free agents?

1. Yes, it would be the 22nd.

2. Yes, he could sign the one-year RFA tender instead and play for Pitt and be a FA again next year. (Note that assumes that he does not accept the bengals offer; if he accepts the offer and the Steelers don't match, he's a Bengal.)

3. Yes.

I don't think so either, but it is strange how silent they are. I wasn't expecting much, but figured they would have signed a guy or two with all the visits they had. Other years they would have signed somebody by now at least there own players. What a boring offseason at least FA so far

Or maybe it's the calm before the storm. There's no telling with this team.

1. Yes, it would be the 22nd.

2. Yes, he could sign the one-year RFA tender instead and play for Pitt and be a FA again next year. (Note that assumes that he does not accept the bengals offer; if he accepts the offer and the Steelers don't match, he's a Bengal.)

3. Yes.

Thx Army and Hoosier.

It would be an interesting move to say the least. But I am very, very skeptical there is any chance of this happening. I know we would be taking a good receiver from the Steelers, but I don't want to give them the 22nd pick.

Sims hasn't even got a visit anywhere else yet.

Pete Prisco ‏ @PriscoCBS

Bengals have a ton of cap room and no free agents -- watch how they pluck bargains coming up. Smart.

Tweet from Prisco. I hope that he's right.

Translation: Bargains = Garbage

I dunno dude. The Cowboys just way overpaid for Nate who wasn't what I would call a decent lineman.

I can't say as i'd be overwhelmed with Langford, but they have painted themselves into a corner and have to do something.

That being said, there are now reports with the Bengals HAVING to take a DE or DT in the first round to make up for the loss at the position. While I don't think the situation warrants that type of a reaction, it simply confirms my beliefs of what others might be thinking.

While some might not really have a problem with that, I simply don't envision a situation where either DeCastro/Glenn or Kirkpatrick/Jenkins are available and we take a d-lineman to make up for the loss of Rucker and Fanene. Hell, if Floyd was there, i'd rather take him than a freakin' rotational, non starting d-lineman.

This is the stuff that irritates me in regards to not taking care of your depth when you clearly have the ability to do so.

I don't get why people would suggest that we need to take a 1st round D-Lineman because two so-so rotational depth guys left in free agency. Sounds more like hysterical overreaction to the fact that some guys have gone and the Bengies are biding their time. Don't get me wrong, if a D=lineman was the BAP at 17 or 21 I'd be fine with taking him. The one thing they shouldn't do is reach for a perceived need.

As for taking care of depth, you don't do that by paying starter money to back-ups, i.e., Fanene and Rucker. My thought,anyway.

Exactly!! Some amount of women and bean-s**tters on this thread!! :rolleyes:

I can't say as i'd be overwhelmed with Langford, but they have painted themselves into a corner and have to do something.

That being said, there are now reports with the Bengals HAVING to take a DE or DT in the first round to make up for the loss at the position. While I don't think the situation warrants that type of a reaction, it simply confirms my beliefs of what others might be thinking.

While some might not really have a problem with that, I simply don't envision a situation where either DeCastro/Glenn or Kirkpatrick/Jenkins are available and we take a d-lineman to make up for the loss of Rucker and Fanene. Hell, if Floyd was there, i'd rather take him than a freakin' rotational, non starting d-lineman.

This is the stuff that irritates me in regards to not taking care of your depth when you clearly have the ability to do so.

I don't get why people would suggest that we need to take a 1st round D-Lineman because two so-so rotational depth guys left in free agency. Sounds more like hysterical overreaction to the fact that some guys have gone and the Bengies are biding their time. Don't get me wrong, if a D=lineman was the BAP at 17 or 21 I'd be fine with taking him. The one thing they shouldn't do is reach for a perceived need.

As for taking care of depth, you don't do that by paying starter money to back-ups, i.e., Fanene and Rucker. My thought,anyway.

Exactly!! Some amount of women and bean-s**tters on this thread!! :rolleyes:

I'm not the one who suggested the thought of them going DE early since the loss of Rucker and Fanene. I was only giving the example I knew would come from others in that regard. GO back and read the thread again, no one here has suggested taking a DE in round one. The only way I see that happening is if EVERY OTHER position of need player is gone when we pick. You need not look any further than people calling for DE's and DT's both in the first three rounds of mock drafts. It's an overreaction for sure, but one that scares me in relation to what this team might do come draft time.

So I just want to make sure I got this right.

So far the free agents that have visited no one has signed.

Marvin Lewis hasn't been there for any of the visits.

and now they have BGE scheduled for Monday?

So does that really mean that the entire front office and our one scout is taking the weekend off? during FA?

:frustrated: Hope they have fun for St. Paddy's day. That must be why...

Sims hasn't even got a visit anywhere else yet.

Pete Prisco ‏ @PriscoCBS

Bengals have a ton of cap room and no free agents -- watch how they pluck bargains coming up. Smart.

Tweet from Prisco. I hope that he's right.

Translation: Bargains = Garbage

Not true. Bargains just means that we weren't one of the teams throwing out money in the first week for deals that they'll regret in 2 years and look to cut or restructure deals. Outside of losing Fanene I'm not too angry thus far. Rucker was supremely overpaid. Nelson is still out there and all indications are that he's asking for too much right now and hopefully that tag will come down.

We've had Porter, Allen, Ross visit at Corner. Grab 1 of those guys and that helps a position of weakness. DL is my biggest concern right now we need to get a guy there in free agency and target one earlier in the draft. Not sure what's happening with Pat Sims either, but he hasn't had any visits elsewhere. Word was that he wanted a full-time starting role.

Yep and now Langford signed with the rams!

4 years, $24 million, $12 million guaranteed. For a guy who was a two-down player in a 3-4. Well, he'll see more time in St. Louis!

When all is said and done it may turn out that $4 million a year for Rucker and Fanene was actually cheap...

Bengals signed an OG, Wharton from Carolina.

Guess they are working this weekend...

Oh heart be still. Nothing like getting someone rated as "below average" to help protect Dalton huh ??

We won't need to worry about signing Dalton long term in a couple years, he'll be busted up...

Panthers fans seem to think it's a good signing. I know nothing about the guy but from what little I've read he sounds like an upgrade from Livings. Walter rated him the 5th best G in FA and had this to say:

Travelle Wharton is mediocre in pass protection, but he's one hell of a run-blocker. He was cut because he was owed almost $6 million in 2012. Wharton will be a good signing for power-blocking teams.

So props to the FO for finally getting off the schnide.