Redskins Beat the Browns to the Punch

Wow, the Redskins swap firsts this year as well as giving up their 2nd and then their first rounder for 2013 and 2014 to get RGIII.

That dude better be the next coming for the Redskins for real !!!

I wonder how Browns fans are feeling ??

Although the Browns tried to avoid publicly tipping their hand about trading up to the second overall pick, they were interested: And they attempted to work a deal out with the Rams on Friday night, only to have the Redskins beat them to the punch.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that before the Redskins-Rams deal was reported, the Browns tried to make a last-minute push to acquire the Rams’ No. 2 overall pick for themselves. But the Browns weren’t able to get it done.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/10/at-last-minute-browns-tried-and-failed-to-trade-for-rams-pick/

He might not be this years version of Cam Newtown, but he's a QB I didn't want to see end up in a Browns uniform.

I think it's funny how they keep saying stuff like, this is the exact type of stuff that has kept the Browns irrelevant since coming back to the NFL.

Thank you Redskins.

So the Redskins have traded 1st round draft picks, ponied up 2nd round choices and mortgaged the following 2 years 1st round selections to take RG3.

A bold move, and one that shows a team intent on "going for it" - but this leaves the following years roster holes to either be filled by developing draftee's or via a Free Agent market which could well be determining tp dollar by a franchise in a corner (and by that I mean limited drafting opportunity)

So, this makes me beg the question is this a move of determination or dementia??

With the cap-space the Bengals have why (OH f**king WHY? ) can't we make a bold move (in FA at least) to go hand in hand with 2 x 1st round draft picks to push this frabhise forward???? I've always thought MB was a victim of bad press but now, when you have a golden opportunity, why wouldn't you want to be the owner of a "new england" type franchise rather than a "cincinnati" type franchise???? C'mon Mr.Brown........pony up .....please........PLEASE.......PLEASE f**king PLEASE!!!!!!!

Nothing ever changes in Washington. Draft picks? We don't need no stinking draft picks!

This is hands down the stupidest trade I have ever heard of. Congrats to Dan Snyder, he is officially the biggest idiot in football.

Only by default, since Al Davis has left the building.

Yeah, I don't think much of Snyder either. Talk about mortgaging the farm...

Anyway, at least they are willing to take a shot, unlike the Browns who find themselves continually looking up from the bottom of the AFCN.

Colt McCoy ?? Seneca Wallace ?? Suck x2 right there.

Sad when Matt Flynn presents the best option.