Ahmad Brooks Gets Paid

HoosierCat

I really think coaching for the bengals has to be questioned alot. There have been some good players that have left, and became very good players. Still this team has question marks at LB, i just really hope Guenther has the stuff to turn group of LBs around, and get the most out of them.

To be fair, Brooks takes the blame for failing in Cincy.

You’ve talked in the past about maturing and learning to become a pro. When did the light come on for you?

AB: You know coming into the NFL as a young player you get paid a certain amount of money that you’ve never seen before. So I can see you guys coming into the NFL and doing things tat they shouldn’t do, or just enjoying themselves. Sometimes when you enjoy yourself, you might enjoy yourself a little bit too much to where it can affect your performance. And I think that early on in my career that’s what may have happened to me. I think once I got cut by the Bengals, I just pretty much told myself that I would never let this happen again. Regardless of what goes on in my life, I would never let this happen again. I just pretty much had to re-evaluate myself as a player and as a person to become the best person and the best football player that I could be. Because it’s not going to last forever. And then once you retire from this game, or once the NFL says ‘no’ to you, we don’t want you to play any more … you want to go out knowing you did all you could do to be the best that you could be. And that’s where I’m at with myself.

Was being cut from the Bengals one of the best things that could have happened to you?

AB: No. Yes and no. I don’t know. I don’t like the fact that a team told me, ‘Hey, we don’t want you. I never had that happen to me every in my life. So I felt like a girl like a girl broke up with me and broke my heart. That’s how I felt. It can also be a blessing in disguise. I didn’t see it at the time, but now it all paid off because I continued to work, I came in here and worked hard. To not playing at all to being a full-time starter. It has definitely been an accomplishment for me.

The Bengals have been beneficiaries of the same kind of thing. Ced was a recent example, at least for the first year or two. What annoys me isn't so much the guys who don't "get it" here only to play well elsewhere, it's the ones who do get coached up and do perform...and then are allowed to walk (like JJoe).

• 2 weeks later...

JJoe leaving pissed me straight the f*ck off.

Especially since they thought they had it all taken care of.

He goes to Houston and goes back to the Pro Bowl.

Not like we could have use that huh ??

Not only that but alot people credited him the reason they went from good to Elite that he was the missing cog they needed...

We should have Payed him and Hall >.<

• 2 weeks later...