AFC North news

jjakq27

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baltimore to begin talks with Bert on new deal.

The Ravens will start talks on a long-term contract extension with Joe Flacco's agent at the NFL combine next week, according to NFL Network.

This doesn't come as a surprise because Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti anticipated a year ago that negotiations would begin this offseason. But this could be the start of a long process in determining Flacco's value as a starting quarterback. Flacco, 27, is entering the final year of his rookie contract.

His contract should be at the top of the second-tier quarterbacks. That market was set by the Cardinals' Kevin Kolb (six years, $65 million with $$21.5 million guaranteed) and the Bills' Ryan Fitzpatrick (six years, $59 million with $24 million guaranteed).

But Flacco shouldn't come close to the top-tier ones. That's reserved for the likes of the Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger (eight years, $102 million) and the Giants' Eli Manning (seven years, $106.9 million).

That's a pretty big gap and I'm going to take a wild guess and say that there's at least two people who think Bert deserves "Big Jen" money: Flacco and his agent.

Pass the popcorn.

Flacco has had a better than average O-line through his rookie contract and Ray Rice to help.

The WR's have lacked, but not to a point that I would say they sucked. They also have two TE's that help in the passing game.

How much help does an elite (if he looks at himself that way) need to get over the hump ??

That being said, funny how a QB out of Deleware who has had the success he has gets no love.

Seems like people are constantly bashing him.

Flacco has had a better than average O-line through his rookie contract and Ray Rice to help.

The WR's have lacked, but not to a point that I would say they sucked. They also have two TE's that help in the passing game.

How much help does an elite (if he looks at himself that way) need to get over the hump ??

That being said, funny how a QB out of Deleware who has had the success he has gets no love.

Seems like people are constantly bashing him.

I agree i think anybody here would be happy with a QB that has taken there team to the playoffs each year, has won playoff games, and can actully go in and beat Pitt in Pitt. He might not be the greatest QB, but the ravens did the right thing by building around him, and giving him weapons. Im just hoping that Dalton can do what Flacco has done, and won big games, when was the last time a QB won big games for this team.

The happy happy joy joy times continue in Pittsburgh.

Roughly two weeks ago, the Steelers hired Todd Haley to serve as the successor to offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, who had a close friendship with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Haley and Roethlisberger have still not communicated.

On Monday, Roethlisberger told Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (via NFL.com) that Haley “still hasn’t called me yet.”

Roughly two weeks ago, the Steelers hired Todd Haley to serve as the successor to offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, who had a close friendship with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

On Monday, Roethlisberger told Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (via NFL.com) that Haley "still hasn't called me yet."

Haley does know that the lock-out was last year and it is over, right?

On Monday, Roethlisberger told Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (via NFL.com) that Haley "still hasn't called me yet."

Haley does know that the lock-out was last year and it is over, right?

Yea, and Big Ben knows how to dial a phone. Bennie is acting like a spoiled teenager not getting his way by refusing to call his new OC. How hard is it to call and say "hi"?

• 3 weeks later...

So much for the Colt McCoy era...

/>http://mobile.sunsentinel.com/p.p?m=b&a=rp&id=1794077&postId=1794077&postUserId=42&sessionToken=&catId=6515&curAbsIndex=1&resultsUrl=DID%3D6%26DFCL%3D1000%26DSB%3Drank%2523desc%26DBFQ%3DuserId%253A42%26DL.w%3D%26DL.d%3D10%26DQ%3DsectionId%253A6515%26DPS%3D0%26DPL%3D3

/>http://mobile.sunsentinel.com/p.p?m=b&a=rp&id=1794077&postId=1794077&postUserId=42&sessionToken=&catId=6515&curAbsIndex=1&resultsUrl=DID%3D6%26DFCL%3D1000%26DSB%3Drank%2523desc%26DBFQ%3DuserId%253A42%26DL.w%3D%26DL.d%3D10%26DQ%3DsectionId%253A6515%26DPS%3D0%26DPL%3D3

Matt Flynn... Matt Flynn... Matt Flynn. The name doesn't ring any bells. Maybe it's because he's an NFC backup player. Looking him up on Wiki it appears he had one good outing in a meaningless game during his pro football career. To me he seems to be a Kevin Kolb type of QB.

http://mobile.sunsen...S%3D0%26DPL%3D3

Shouldn't they try giving the kid some actual weapons to throw to before quitting on him?

My thoughts exactly. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s**t.

Steelers off-season implosion is delicious. I'm looking forward to their coach giving lots of post-game speeches where he says they have to chew on it, taste it for a while, say some other tough-guy talk, stare meaningfully into the camera, then act like he knows what the f**k he's talking about. I'm not convinced he does. Come on Bengals, sweep the stupid ass steelers in 2012!

• 4 weeks later...

So I decided this morning to go take a jaunt over to Steelers Fever and see what they're saying about Wallace. Just read through the last few pages of this thread.

"Wallace has been a very good player so far, but certainly no Jerry Rice"

"Blah blah blah, let the greedy prick walk."

"I'd hate to see him go but if it helps the Steelers I am for it as WR is a pretty easy position to replace someone." :lmao:

"I know it is just a business but screw Mike Wallace."

"He leaves, people will be p**sed because he's a greedy b***tard. They'll be mad we didn't pay him enough.

He signs with us (which is highly doubtful), people will be angry that we gave him all the money and have none left to spend at other positions of need."

"The Steelers own his ass for roughly 3 years at roughly 22-24mill total. 1 RFA tag, 2 franchise tags. Further more he still has to play in 2012 or they start the whole process over a agin, and teams are not going to ante up a 1, plus big bucks for a whiney baby."

As a bonus, half the posts are whines about the mods merging Wallace threads into one big thread...good times.

So I decided this morning to go take a jaunt over to Steelers Fever and see what they're saying about Wallace. Just read through the last few pages of this thread.

After visiting your link I feel compelled to take another shower.