AFC North news

jjakq27

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravens OC is said not to be coming back next season,his contract runs out. Who knows what will happen but PFT said he might not be coming back.

I thought I read that too. Not sure if it was mutual or what but he's been under fire all year.

Ravens OC is said not to be coming back next season,his contract runs out. Who knows what will happen but PFT said he might not be coming back.

I thought I read that too. Not sure if it was mutual or what but he's been under fire all year.

I could almost see Hue Jackson being there next OC

Wasn't he there after the Falcons thing fell apart with Vick after he left here?

Wasn't he there after the Falcons thing fell apart with Vick after he left here?

Yea he was there before

Also worth noting that there's trouble in Pitt. Arians' "retirement" didn't sit well with Jen, who wants an accounting from the FO. Stay tuned...

Lol.

Yes, Pittsburgh front office, please explain yourself to your semi-retarded prodigy. He wants answers! (please keep said answers monosyllabic)

Also worth noting that there's trouble in Pitt. Arians' "retirement" didn't sit well with Jen, who wants an accounting from the FO. Stay tuned...

Lol.

Yes, Pittsburgh front office, please explain yourself to your semi-retarded prodigy. He wants answers! (please keep said answers monosyllabic)

And keep the women folk away too,

I'll be interested to see how this will affect their offensive philosophy. Obviously they seemed to prosper with the long ball approach this year and have crafted their team accordingly. I wonder if there was friction or dissension about getting away from "Steeler" football and being an average run team now.

[Obviously they seemed to prosper with the long ball approach this year and have crafted their team accordingly. I wonder if there was friction or dissension about getting away from "Steeler" football and being an average run team now.

Over at PFT, Mudslinger Mike threw out the theory that it's about $$$ and Rooney not wanting to shell out big bucks on 2-3 stud wideouts. I guess we'll see.

[Obviously they seemed to prosper with the long ball approach this year and have crafted their team accordingly. I wonder if there was friction or dissension about getting away from "Steeler" football and being an average run team now.

Over at PFT, Mudslinger Mike threw out the theory that it's about $$$ and Rooney not wanting to shell out big bucks on 2-3 stud wideouts. I guess we'll see.

During the Pro Bowl they mentioned that Ben has a meeting with Rooney this week to discuss this situation.

Jim Caldwell looks like he's heading to Baltimore as an offensive assistant.

And it also seems that the Steelers are trying to block to their LB coach from taking the job as DC in Indy. It sounds like he is tired of waiting for LeBeau to retire but they don't want him to leave. This was mentioned on Andy Furman's show this morning although the article below only mentions that the Steelers gave him their permission to interview and that it's "not a done deal".

I also found this little nugget interesting as well.

It would represent a reunion for Pagano, Arians and Butler, all members of Butch Davis' Cleveland Browns staff in 2001.

http://www.indystar....dyssey=nav|head

Cuts coming on Steelers D.

Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel acknowledged the defense will not look like the same one that lined up this past season.

There's a strong chance that the NFL's top-ranked defense will be forced to make several cap cuts this offseason. The likely candidates are: nose tackle Casey Hampton ($4.89 million salary in 2012), inside linebacker Larry Foote ($3 million), inside linebacker James Farrior ($2.82 million), cornerback Bryant McFadden ($2.5 million) and defensive end Aaron Smith ($2.1 million).

"It’s going to happen, I think," said Keisel, who is in town promoting Head & Shoulders. "It’s going to be a different team. Who knows? Maybe I won’t even be here."

Keisel added, "The game is different. It’s a young man’s game. We’re kind of going down that road right now."

Keisel, who is scheduled to make $2.8 million in 2012, made it clear that this isn't a rebuilding year. And he's right.

Only two the potential cuts (Hampton and Farrior) were full-time starters last season, and the Steelers played most of the season without Smith. But the veteran depth likely will get trimmed.

"I don’t think it’s going to be a dramatic transition," Keisel said after his appearance on Mike & Mike in the Morning. "We’ve got a lot of young guys that can play. We expect a lot out of these guys and expect them to play winning ball."

One position of concern is right next to Keisel. Even if Hampton returns, he should be sidelined for the start of the regular season after having ACL surgery this month. Longtime backup nose tackle Chris Hoke retired last week, too.

That means the only healthy nose tackle on the roster with any experience is Steve McLendon.

Sounds like the steelers LB coach has turned down the indy job to stay with the steelers.

I never really heard the final resolution of this or why he turned them down but it looks like they finally hired a new DC in Indy.

http://espn.go.com/n...ive-coordinator

And Pittsburgh interviewed former Chiefs head coach Todd Haley for the OC job there the other day.

http://espn.go.com/n...ant-oc-position

Looks like Todd Haley is the new Steelers OC.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/06/report-steelers-hire-todd-haley-as-offensive-coordinator/

Not really sure what to think of this move. I thought he did pretty good when he was with the Cards, so i wonder what kind of offense he will run there.

Cuts start for the Steelers.

The team announced Wednesday they released CB Bryant McFadden and receiver Arnaz Battle. They also waived tight end Miguel Chavis and linebacker Erik Clanton.

McFadden was getting paid like a starter, but no longer was a big factor in the secondary. Battle was a well-paid special teamer that was buried on Pittsburgh’s well stocked receiver depth chart.

The moves save the Steelers roughly $3.5 million against the salary cap next year.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/08/steelers-cut-bryant-mcfadden-arnaz-battle/