Welcome to Hell, Blaine Gabbert

HoosierCat

Oh my, that's funny. I saw Brat on the sideline with Matt Ryan looking at pictures during this weekend's game.

I think Brat and Mularky were on the staff in Pittsburgh prior to Brat coming here.

And I think the Jags are on our schedule for next year too.

Well, Falcons fans wanted Mularky fired as an OC... So the idea of giving him a head coaching job has probably got them rolling on the floor.

If there was a mistake here, it was him, not Bratkowski. If a guy is head coach material, you should be able to trust to him to bring in coordinators that he trusts, right?

That said... I thought Brat did a great job here with limited resources in '09. The 2010 season is where he committed an unforgivable sin. I don't think he's a great coach... but I don't think he's terrible either. I imagine a change in scenery with a new roster might just be what he needed to revitalize his career, getting out of the obvious rut that he hit with Palmer and Chad.

I don't think he's a great coach... but I don't think he's terrible either.

Agreed.

He did very well here in 2005 when he had a young quarterback and Chris Perry doing good things for this offense. Maybe he can repeat that with MJD in the mix. They've got to find some serious help at WR, though.

I think Brat did a much better job ten yrs ago than in recent history. We'll soon know if things just got stale here in Cincinnati or if he "lost it" and the game passed him by