Draft

walzav29

no to richardson, maybe at 17 but no trade up (just think he is a product of alabamas run-first mentality), no to lamar miller (watch any interview of him and you know why-doesnt seem very bright). Ok on david wilson, polk not so much (seems diva-ish to me from several postgames i have watched). Ok on pead (like him all around just don't like his lack of speed), Ok on doug martin (bright, can- catch, and worked with a qb similar in daltons characteristics-kellen moore). I actually like the later round rb's more than the early ones.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no to richardson, maybe at 17 but no trade up (just think he is a product of alabamas run-first mentality), no to lamar miller (watch any interview of him and you know why-doesnt seem very bright). Ok on david wilson, polk not so much (seems diva-ish to me from several postgames i have watched). Ok on pead (like him all around just don't like his lack of speed), Ok on doug martin (bright, can- catch, and worked with a qb similar in daltons characteristics-kellen moore). I actually like the later round rb's more than the early ones.

According to the released 40 times, Pead is the fastest RB coming out in the draft. Tied with James.

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_RB

Another interesting later round RB is Turbin out of Utah State. I agree with you, though, could easily address RB in the 3rd-4th round. And not that I am one to usually drool over youtube clips of players but check out the video from the 3:00-6:00 minute mark.

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d5VdZ9PWUg

According to the released 40 times, Pead is the fastest RB coming out in the draft. Tied with James.

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_RB

Another interesting later round RB is Turbin out of Utah State. I agree with you, though, could easily address RB in the 3rd-4th round. And not that I am one to usually drool over youtube clips of players but check out the video from the 3:00-6:00 minute mark.

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d5VdZ9PWUg

oh dam he looks slow in his game tape for some reason to me, but ya if so i think they should nab pead or martin in the 3rd if they are there, possibly trade a 5th or wutever to ensure they get one of them. watching that video i like turbin as well, seems intelligent , hard-working and willing to do what it takes, would not be upset at all with that pick.

Before the tunnel vision gets too constricted, has anyone taken a look at our linebackers lately?

Muck remains a mystery due to injury. Maybe we have something there, maybe not. Same thing with Moch.

Rivers may or may not return. Apparently his wrist injury was very serious. And even if he does come back, his performance on the field has been less than remarkable. He's been serviceable, but little more.

Lawson and Brandon Johnson are both free agents.

Howard and Maualuga are entering the final year of their deals.

And, of course, as we all know, Marvin Lewis loves loves loves him some linebacker.

In short, I will be completely unsurprised when -- not if, when -- the Bengals take Zach Brown with one of their first two picks. Probably the 17.

Ok, if Richardson falls to #17 we would be stupid to pass. STUPID. He would be a very AFCN runner and is a complete back. I hate the "system back" term that is thrown around lately as well. My thought is that if he falls beyond #10, some team will trade up to grab him.

In regard to CB, i'm curious how much the lack of height with both Dennard and Jenkins will come into play?? I know Jenkins didn't have problems covering the big guys when he was playing at Florida, but I would have to go back and see how much help he was given. I don't really care what he did at his current college as he "should" have outperformed them easily. Not much of a guage there. If the height isn't a concern, CB will be one of the two first round picks GUARANTEED.

LB ?? Sure, I could certainly see that being a pick early as well. As much as I would love to see Guard taken with the other first round pick, i'm just not as "must have" with it and the position can certainly be addressed in the second round. LB really looks to need a little more certainty heading into the 2012 season, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

That all being said, those first round picks really could be used on mnay different positions. RB, OG, LB, CB, and even WR is someone were to fall they didn't expect. Depending on what happens in free agency, you could also add DT to the conversation, although I don't like that thought as much.

From what we've all seen, things will be easier to gauge when we see what happens with free agency and what the coaches start saying about players heading into the draft. Based upon what our needs were and what the coaches said, it wasn't hard to see the direction they were going in.

Matt Miller (scout/writer) just tweeted:

Cordy Glenn- Massive man, heavy footed at LT, love him at LG/RG in a power scheme (hello, #Bengals)

I'd be happy with him at #21 if the Bengals grab Kirkpatrick at #17.

An offense line that can play more then one spot, that is a Bengal o-lineman for sure! I wouldnt mind that pick if they got him.

Im still torn between Jenkins and Kirkpatrick, and wouldnt mind either one. I think Jenkins might be the better cover corner man on man, but Kirkpatrick is a physical corner that can tackle. I like both!

I think Jenkins might be the better cover corner man on man, but Kirkpatrick is a physical corner that can tackle. I like both!

Jenkins is the best strictly cover corner in the draft. He's just not physical at all. He acts like he wants to be Deion Sanders. Tackling isn't his thing. He just wants to cover his man... and that's it. Frankly, he seems like a bit of a head case and that scares the s**t out of me.

I love Kirkpatrick... but honestly, I think he'd make a better Free Safety than corner. He's good in man coverage, but he excels in zone coverage, and he's a big, physical, willing tackler. I think he could be the next Ed Reed, but will more than likely stay a CB.

Ok, just saw that Jenkins measured in UNDER 5'10.

Pass...

If Kirkpatrick is there, he's the pick. He's top 10 talent.

I agree, but im wondering why some have Kirkpatrick as the 5th best CB. I am a huge fan of him, would not complain if they took him.

Jenkins may be under 5'10, but the guy can cover and he can jump. I was watching him cover guys like Alshon Jeffery, and he looked pretty good against him. He is a great cover guy, i just wish he was more physical type like Kirkpatrick.

Well, maybe he did well against those guys in college, but 5'9 and some change is a real liability when WR's just keep getting bigger and faster.

I loved watching his cover skills before he left Florida as well and up until that measurement, I would have been happy with him as a pick, but not so much now. In going up against guys 6'3+ it means he would have to have a vertical 5-6 inches better than those guys.

I don't know, maybe i'm off, but it seems like a liability with a 1st round pick. Plus his issues ??

Yeah, i'm not as interested...

• 2 weeks later...

Dennard is not good, and I will be pissed if the Bengals draft him in the 1st round.

The Senior Bowl really brought out how overrated he was. He struggled in coverage and looked timid in contact.

The Big Ten was incredibly weak at WR this year. Toon and McNutt were the two best WR's in the conference this year... and neither of them really deserve to be drafted before the 3rd round. In the Bowl Game Alshon Jeffery torched Dennard for 148 yards on 4 catches in the just the 1st half... before Dennard started a fight that got them both ejected.

Dennard would be an ok pick in the 2nd round, but he's simply not a 1st round talent.

I was going to put together a mock draft, but it's simply to difficult before free agency starts.

Until we know how things are going to shake out with our own FA's and what we could add, it's almost pointless.

That being said, if we don't add a CB and OG through free agency, I expect our two first rounders being used there.

After that, the case for RB, S, WR, and DT can all be made I suppose.

Kirkpatrick and Glenn would make amazing picks for both sides of the ball in the first.

• 2 weeks later...

Kirkpatrick and DeCastro would be enough for me to not have to watch the remainder of the draft.

Seriously, the draft grade would be an "A+" with little thought for me, in addressing two huge holes with first round talent. I've seen more and more thinking that is how the first will work out. We should be so fortunate.