Coaching staff in weird state

walzav29

I find it odd that Marvin is on a 1 year deal, and Gruden pulled himself from interviews to remain OC. I have a feeling that he is next in line. I was thinking about it. The Bengals may be a coaches dream job. You have unbelievable loyalty from the owner. So if your in Grudens shoes. You know you have two young studs in Dalton and Green, and 2 #1's and two #2's next year. They are setup beautifully. If Marvin deosn't win a playoff game next year. He has to go. He looks so nervous in playoff games and the teams fall apart. Home and away. Both were very winnable games and even though I hate Peter King. I agree with his assessment. They looked disorganized.

I find it odd that Marvin is on a 1 year deal, and Gruden pulled himself from interviews to remain OC. I have a feeling that he is next in line. I was thinking about it. The Bengals may be a coaches dream job. You have unbelievable loyalty from the owner. So if your in Grudens shoes. You know you have two young studs in Dalton and Green, and 2 #1's and two #2's next year. They are setup beautifully. If Marvin deosn't win a playoff game next year. He has to go. He looks so nervous in playoff games and the teams fall apart. Home and away. Both were very winnable games and even though I hate Peter King. I agree with his assessment. They looked disorganized.

that may be the plan. marvin moves to front office, gruden becomes HC. who knows? kinda funny now zimmer is looking for a HC gig. every since gruden said he is going to return.

This is Marvins last year under contract again, we all know what happened when he was in his last year before, he won 4 games. Makes me wonder if they are going to extend him or not, or make him earn a new contract again.

Kick him upstairs and make him the Bengals 1st GM.

This is Marvins last year under contract again, we all know what happened when he was in his last year before, he won 4 games. Makes me wonder if they are going to extend him or not, or make him earn a new contract again.

Thats great i love the idea, but im not sure Marvin would go for that. Im sure he wants to coach if not here then somewhere else. All i know is i dont want another crappy season just because Marvin is on his last year!

Thats great i love the idea, but im not sure Marvin would go for that. Im sure he wants to coach if not here then somewhere else. All i know is i dont want another crappy season just because Marvin is on his last year!

Odds are it'll never happen. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Odds are it'll never happen. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Successful coaches seem to like these front office jobs. Parcells and Holmgren come to mind... I think Parcells title was Executive Vice President of Football Operations.

If Marvin was offered a position of that nature... he would probably jump on it. But I'm not sure there is a good track record for head coaches who step into that role. Most of them seem to fall flat on their faces.