Gruden "Favorite" to Helm Jaguars?

HoosierCat

I didnt think they were allowed to do that, i guess i was wrong.

Yah, me neither. Live and learn.

Word this morning is that Pats OC Bill O'Brien is headed to Penn State. O'Brien was reportedly one of the coaches that the Jags asked permission to interview. So one less guy in the mix at Jax.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Columbus Dispatch this morning wrote that Jim Tressel was a candidate for the Jacksonville job. They said he was a "serious" candidate for the Tampa Bay job, then said,

Tressel has also been named as a possible candidate for the Jacksonville Jaguars’ job. The Colts finished the regular season in Jacksonville last weekend and, because the Buckeyes were there preparing for the Gator Bowl, several Ohio reporters planned to talk with Tressel after the game, but he left without talking to the media

/>http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/stories/2012/01/06/rumblings-1-6-art-gbufi0tb-1.html

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/With-Grudens-return-players-see-improved-offense/1c81dd91-c4b9-4938-b691-d0f171c2f47e

Good article.

This is huge on many levels. Very happy to see this happen.

Looks like that article has been deleted. What's up with that?

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/With-Grudens-return-players-see-improved-offense/1c81dd91-c4b9-4938-b691-d0f171c2f47e

Good article.

Par for the course on the .com. Hobson tends to add/update existing pieces first, then writes a new story, then deletes the update. It's f**king annoying.

Anyhow, the Jaguars have settled on Mike Mularkey as their new head coach.

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7448807/jacksonville-jaguars-hire-mike-mularkey-coach

Good article.

Try this one. It looks like he made edits to the original and then deleted the link, like Hoosier said.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Grudens-comeback-route-Focus-on-job-at-hand/1c81dd91-c4b9-4938-b691-d0f171c2f47e

I don't agree with Gruden on the offensive line:

“I don’t know how it is on other teams, but we’ve got a great room,” Gruden said. “They’re great guys. They want to work, they want to practice. You’ve got a great young wide receiver, a great young quarterback, a great young tight end, a solid offensive line. You’ve got a lot of good things.”

Let's hope he doesn't really believe that. Improving that line is the key to improving the offense. I don't think we'll see much improvement on that side of the ball without some guards. He'd better know that

I for some reason dont see Livings going anywhere, this team is in love with not sure why, but i dont see him being replaced. Only guy is maybe Williams, but other than that im not seeing the changes! This offseason has to be all about the running game on offense, they need more balance, you cant throw the ball 40 sometimes and expect to be ok, esp a rookie QB

I for some reason dont see Livings going anywhere, this team is in love with not sure why, but i dont see him being replaced. Only guy is maybe Williams, but other than that im not seeing the changes! This offseason has to be all about the running game on offense, they need more balance, you cant throw the ball 40 sometimes and expect to be ok, esp a rookie QB

Running game improvement will be marginal at best without better O line play. As for Dalton, he doesn't have time to go through reads or pump fake. The pocket collapses on him

Running game improvement will be marginal at best without better O line play. As for Dalton, he doesn't have time to go through reads or pump fake. The pocket collapses on him

I agree with that, but the problem is it has been like this for awhile now, and nothing has happened. Livings is the same guy they had in 09, and was starting then. You would think if the coaches saw this, things would have changed by now. I hope things will change this offseason, but i was also hoping this years ago and they havent.

I don't agree with Gruden on the offensive line:

“I don’t know how it is on other teams, but we’ve got a great room,” Gruden said. “They’re great guys. They want to work, they want to practice. You’ve got a great young wide receiver, a great young quarterback, a great young tight end, a solid offensive line. You’ve got a lot of good things.”

Let's hope he doesn't really believe that. Improving that line is the key to improving the offense. I don't think we'll see much improvement on that side of the ball without some guards. He'd better know that

Notice how the word "great" vanished when he was lauding the offensive line?

Josh (@CincyJungle) is dropping some tidbits on the o-line tonight on twitter using Pro Football Focus' grades:

Worst run blocker this past season? Whitworth.

Second-worst? Livings.

Only guy with a positive run-blocking score? Williams.

Not surprised. No wonder the running game was abysmal.

Report: Gruden Extended

Local 6 Sports Director David Pingalore has learned that Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden signed a three year extension with the Bengals to remain in that position.

Pingalore's NFL sources confirm the deal is worth 3.6 million dollars.

The extension doubles the salary Gruden made in his first year with the Bengals.

Gruden, was considered by some NFL teams looking for a head coach but Gruden decided to remain with the Bengals to gain more experience.

Gruden, the younger brother of former Buccaneers and Raiders head coach Jon Gruden, was the head coach of the Orlando Predators and the Florida Tuskers of the United Football League.