My Offseason

We are talking about FA's and College prospects so to take it a bit further I decided to put together a little offseason roster that I think might be nice.

My additions

FA:

RB-Bush or Tolbert

RG-Stacy Andrews or get Duice Lutui again. Andrews and Duice both are not starting so it might be a nice enticement for them to know they can start here. Not sure what the relationship is like with either player with an obvious interesting hx with both.

Backup LT/RT-Looking at the lists I don't see a guy I think really fits other than Collins who I think leaves.

Draft

1 Cordy Glenn-G-Ga-Immediate starter at LG can backup LT potentially and be insurance for Andre Smith at RT.

1 Alfonzo Dennard-CB-Nebraska-Probably slides into the nickel immediately and is insurance for a non return of Hall or Jones

2 Mohamed Sanu-WR-Rutgers-A do it all guy who is still a little bit raw. You will love him if you only just watch his blocking.

3 Markelle Martin-FS-Oke State-A potential playmaker at S with limitations. This was the hardest pick for me. Not sure I love him yet.

4 Amini Silatolu-G-Midwestern State-Plays LT but projects to G. Just learning about him but seems like a fit to add depth across the line. My favorite from his writeup on PFW "Plays with a trench warrior mentality — competitive, physical and nasty."

5 Marcel Jones-T-Nebraska-Has great size and has played quite a bit but has big injury questions that drop him

6 Emmanual Lamur OLB/SS-Kansas St. Switched to OLB after playing SS for most of his career. Big play guy this year with nice speed. Might be able to replace Johnson as our nickel guy.

7 Logan Harrell DT/DE-Fresno St. Productive High motor undersized DT who can fit with our group nicely.

Most of the UDFA's that I have listed are just shots in the dark based off brief reads. The ones that stand out to me are

QB-Kellen Moore, who I think would fit our system well.

WR-Wes Kemp-Missou-Size speed guy 4.4 at 6-3 217

WR-Rashad Mason who plays for Georgetown College and was a top 10 recruit at WR for NC before transferring

T-Chandler Burden from Kentucky..I am sure others can say more about him but what I liked was mainly that he was moving over from DE and presumably still trending up.

QB Dalton 2014 Gradkowski 2012 Robinson PS Kellen Moore UDFA

RB Tolbert/Bush Scott 2012 Leonard 2012 Peerman 2011 Davin Meggett UDFA

FB Pressley 2011® Develin PS

WR Green 2014 Caldwell 2011® Tate 2012 Wes Kemp UDFA

WR Simpson 2011® Shipley 2013 (IR) Whalen 2014 Rashad Mason UDFA

WR (2) Sanu Hawkins PS--> Binns PS

TE Gresham 2014 Lee 2011® Colin Cochart 2011 Coffman PS Joe Halahuni UDFA

LT Whitworth 2015 FA/CC Chandler Burden UDFA

LG (1) Glenn Boling 2014

C Cook 2015 McGlynn 2011® Garth Gerhart UDFA

RG Andrews/Lutui (4) Silatulu Hudson PS

RT Smith 2012 (5) Jones O'Donnell PS

K Nugent 2011®

P Huber 2012

LS Harris 2011®

LE Geathers 2012 Rucker 2011® Fanene 2011®

LT Peko 2014 Sims 2011® Black PS

RT Atkins 2013 (7) Harrell

RE Johnson 2012 Dunlap 2013 Frank Alexander UDFA

SLB Lawson 2011® Moch 2014 Evans PS

MLB Mualaga 2012 Skuta 2011 Muckleroy 2013 (IR)

WLB Howard 2012 Rivers 2013 (IR) Rey 2011 (6) Lamur

S Crocker 2012 (3) Martin Sands 2014 Miles 2011

S Nelson 2011® Wilson 2011® Mays 2014

CB Clements 2012 (1) Dennard Ghee PS--> McFadden PS

CB Jones 2011® Hall 2015 Jennings 2011® Bowie PS

Nice writeup. I would say no to Andrews or Lutui. I'm not sure Lutui is a starter, and Andrews sucks.

Draft looks as reasonable as any I've seen. You forgot the extra 5th rounder we have from the Chad trade, tho.

Yes I did. The OL is so hard for me because I really know next to nothing about these guys so I tend to go back to names I know. Lutui is not starting for the Cardinals this year.

Nice writeup. I would say no to Andrews or Lutui. I'm not sure Lutui is a starter, and Andrews sucks.

Draft looks as reasonable as any I've seen. You forgot the extra 5th rounder we have from the Chad trade, tho.

Yes I did. The OL is so hard for me because I really know next to nothing about these guys so I tend to go back to names I know. Lutui is not starting for the Cardinals this year.

I doubt Lutui comes back here after being shown the door in the offseason. Andrews no thanks, that experiment just went all wrong, plus i think they really need to find a way to resign Collins, or find a spot for him on the o-line like maybe guard. Collins to me is one of the best o-linemen on this team and rides the bench, it just sucks!

While i agree the o-line needs a shake up, i dont think they are that horrilbe. They do need some run blockers, or a new run blocking scheme, but there pass protection has been pretty good. We all bash on Livings who im still not a fan of, but he has not been that bad, there might be a game or two where he wasnt great, but overall not that bad. McGlyn needs to keep his pad level down, he almost stands up when he run blocks, anybody else notice him yesterday on that 3rd and 1, the guy stood straight up, hope he corrects that stuff this week.