Ravens @ Bengals pregame chatter

Stripes

Yeah it's still an entire week out, but we're all clearly excited. Win and we're in.

How are you feeling about the game right now?

I'm feeling great, honestly. The Bengals are relatively healthy now (not considering the season ending injuries which cannot be remedied, at least) by comparison to where they've been in recent weeks. The defense played its best game in a while against the Cardinals, and only ended up allowing the game to become close because Benson royally f**ked them over twice. The pass rush was nasty for most of the game, and I like the Bengals' chances of carrying that over into week 17. Pressure Flacco and he'll do some straight stupid s**t. It's been the recipe the Bengals have employed for beating the Ravens repeatedly since his second season.

The offense is a concern as usual. The line is going to have step up in pass protection, because in the second half against Arizona Dalton was under too much duress. The running game is likely to be inconsistent or worse against the Ravens front seven (now with the added concern of Cedric's suddenly incredibly slippery fingers), so third and long might be a recurring theme.

Also, Nugent... please forget about yesterday immediately. You're not Shayne Graham. Don't be Shayne Graham. Please God.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bengals were without AJ Green and Dunlap only played I think 12 snaps the last time the Bengals played Baltimore.

Baltimore has looked weak two weeks in a row... getting smashed by San Diego, and then beating Cleveland by only 6 @ Baltimore... despite Cleveland leaving 7 points on the field with terrible clock management at the end of the 1st half.

It's a winnable game. They just need to go out and do it.

The running game is likely to be inconsistent or worse against the Ravens front seven (now with the added concern of Cedric's suddenly incredibly slippery fingers), so third and long might be a recurring theme.

Also, Nugent... please forget about yesterday immediately. You're not Shayne Graham. Don't be Shayne Graham. Please God.

If I'm remembering right, off the top of my head, Benson holds his own against the Ravens when there is a somewhat patched together line in front of him. 2009 he rushed for over a 100 yards in both games against them, and if I remember right, (maybe wrong here), he is the guy that broke the Ravens record of 32 or 33 games straight without allowing a 100 yarder against them. He just needs to hold onto the damn ball.

Yes, please for the love of GOD!!! No Graham! No Graham!

Yes, Benson did break 100 twice against the Ravens in 2009. It didn't work out that way in 2010, and I trust both he and the offensive line less in 2011 than I did two years ago. I don't necessarily expect him to actually fumble even more (I'd attribute his recent fumbles to chance), but it's very difficult not to worry. I hope Leonard is able to play. I'd be pleased to see all four ball carriers on the roster get into the action, unless the line is playing like s**t and they're left with little choice but to throw more.

Regarding Graham, he's kicking for Baltimore this week. That should be interesting.

I'm not at all worried about the Ravens beating the Bengals.

I am very worried about the Bengals beating the Bengals.

Thats what i worry about the bengals beating the bengals. How about no turnovers this week, and run the ball early and often.

I would love to see a complete 4 quarter ballgame, if they make the playoffs i would love to see them go in hot, and playing there best ball of the season.

We just HAVE to play together,.. We can do it,.. We can't make dumb mistakes,.. And boom, we win, we're in... I have a scary feeling we're shoot ourselves we just have to OVERCOME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFLXxqoapPY&ob=av2e

Looks like Cleveland gave the Bengals a little help on the injury front.

It was a costly game for the Baltimore Ravens, suffering four injuries during their 20-14 win over the Cleveland Browns on Saturday at M&T Bank Stadium.

That includes offensive guard Marshal Yanda, who bruised his ribs and left the game, and kick returner David Reed, who suffered a season-ending injury as it’s believed he tore his anterior cruciate ligament.

Plus, starting cornerback Cary Williams and backup inside linebacker Dannell Ellerbe sustained concussions and didn’t return.

Meanwhile, it’s unclear if Yanda will be available for next week’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

“I don’t know if it’s broken yet or not,” Yanda said. “We’ll find out. I can’t breathe real well right now. I can’t do deep breaths.

“It’s not really feeling any better. I’m on some pain pills right now to slow it down a little bit. Deep breaths are real painful. I was cutting [nose guard Ahtyba Rubin] and he was trying to come across my face and I took a knee right in the ribs.”

Center Andre Gurode filled in for Yanda at right offensive guard.

/>http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/local/ravens-notebook-costly-win-for-baltimore/article_b9272e79-95c8-54d4-881e-0d313220736c.html

Tickets for the game are flying out the door today. Per Reedy, 2,000 tickets sold in the first 2 hours. Bengals giving out free cotton candy and snacks to people standing in line & several players worked the line thanking people for their support.

It's coming together.

Tickets for the game are flying out the door today. Per Reedy, 2,000 tickets sold in the first 2 hours. Bengals giving out free cotton candy and snacks to people standing in line & several players worked the line thanking people for their support.

It's coming together.

I got tired of the busy signal on the phone, so I went down there in person to buy the extras for the family and others. There were about twenty people in line ahead of me. No limit on the amount per person either.

They handed out hot dogs also which was a nice gesture.

My only issue is that they missed an opportunity by allowing these tickets to be ordered on-line. I know the timing with the holiday probably prevented setting this up but it would have been a nice alternative.

Just to update, now the Bengals are saying they will consider a general ticket discount after they see how ticket sales went after the close of business today. Reedy:

There was a line outside of Paul Brown Stadium and some couldn’t get through on the phones for a couple hours as the buy one, get one free promotion for season-ticket holders for Sunday’s regular-season finale against Baltimore began on Monday.

In an offer that was announced after the Bengals beat the Cardinals last Saturday, season-ticket holders, along with some friends and family of the club, can buy one ticket and receive another one for free. Bengals Director of Sales and Public Affairs Jeff Berding said that the team moved 2,000 tickets during the first couple hours and that there was steady demand.

“We’re very excited and thrilled with the response from season ticket holders,” Berding said. “There were long lines outside the ticket office and some of the players came up and thanked the fans.”

The offer has also been extended to suite holders and some local businesses that do business with the club.

With the buy one, get one free deal, with any free ticket given away in this deal the club has to pick up at 34 percent to cover the visiting team’s share for the league. For example, for a $65 ticket, the Bengals would have to give the league $22.10.

Berding said the club is evaluating sales results generated by the season ticket offer at day’s end, and will make decisions regarding an additional public offer at that time.

The deadline for a sellout is Thursday at 4:15 p.m. but it is possible the deadline can be extended to Friday. The game will be on CBS with Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts as the announcers.

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/12/26/ticket-sales-strong-for-first-day/