Arizona @ Cincinnati Game Thread!

BengalszoneBilly

If Raiders won and we lost next week, they would have a better conference record than we would and would advance to playoffs on that tie-breaker.

It's simple, Jets and Raiders losses and we are in without needing to win. Either Jets or Raiders win, and we need to beat Baltimore. Titans not an issue if H2H against them because we beat them, if a 3-way ties at 9-7 with Bengals and two other teams, Bengals lose those tie-breakers.

So, huge Dolphins and Chargers fans we are next week, in addition to hoping the Bengals can close this out with a win.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know its like this team dosnt know how to finish a game when they are winning. They need to stop making things so hard on themselves. Well hope they figure it out soon!

I don't think today was a case of the team not knowing how to finish.

It was a case of one player, Cedric f**king Benson, nearly handing the game to the Cards. And he would have, too, if the Cards didn't suck.

The offense still stumbles all over itself aside from Benson's garbage.

I surely hope they replace Benson next season, I do not want him here at all - selfish, stupid punk player who is falling-off quickly with all the carries he's gotten here (something else the Bengals' need to quit doing).

If Raiders won and we lost next week, they would have a better conference record than we would and would advance to playoffs on that tie-breaker.

It's simple, Jets and Raiders losses and we are in without needing to win. Either Jets or Raiders win, and we need to beat Baltimore. Titans not an issue if H2H against them because we beat them, if a 3-way ties at 9-7 with Bengals and two other teams, Bengals lose those tie-breakers.

So, huge Dolphins and Chargers fans we are next week, in addition to hoping the Bengals can close this out with a win.

I would rather the bengals just win the game. If they are going to the playoffs i would rather them go in with a win, and them looking good.

Yes, I would rather them win too. I don't understand why people say that when it is kinda a default setting.

I was curious about scenarios where they get in, if, you know, they don't win.

No all i was saying was the last time they made the playoffs they went in resting guys, and there last game they looked like crap. This year i would rather them go in and win, and actully play great for 4 quarters, and looking good doing so. Thats all i was saying.

Its nice that aside from the one must - a Bengals win - the 2nd most important game (Giants Jets) went our way, but I am greedy, and disappointed that the Broncos lost, the Raiders won, Pittsburgh won (not that there was much doubt of the outcome of that one) and the Titans won. Would have been extra special if at least one of those 4 had also gone our way, particularly the Steelers failing to let the Ravens clinch a bye

There's a part of me that prefers to play a team at their best because of the better feeling a win grants in such a case, but at this point, I just want Dalton and Green to make the playoffs in their first season just for the experience, albeit I don't hold much hope of them advancing due to their weak overall run to the finish line.

You know its like this team dosnt know how to finish a game when they are winning. They need to stop making things so hard on themselves. Well hope they figure it out soon!

I don't think today was a case of the team not knowing how to finish.

It was a case of one player, Cedric f**king Benson, nearly handing the game to the Cards. And he would have, too, if the Cards didn't suck.

The offense still stumbles all over itself aside from Benson's garbage.

Um, no. All things considered, I have to call bulls**t on that. What have we been talking about about? That the Bengals need to get more guys than Green involved in the O, right? Today we saw Gresham, Green, Simpson, Whalen, Scott, even Benson at times, contributing. They were up 23-0 and it could have been 29-0 if Nuge doesn't have an off day.

Stumbles all over itself? No way.

That the Bengals came close to losing was 100% Benson fumbles.