Dalton issues

walzav29

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone really think Mike Brown can pass-up a shiny new RB or WR in the 1st or 2nd round?

If I'm the Bengals, I revamp that o-line immediately and worry about the Rb's and WR's later - you can find them in FA or with *cough* some good/extra scouts, later in the draft.

Yeah I already sent in my application. I was told not to call, they would call me.

Does anyone really think Mike Brown can pass-up a shiny new RB or WR in the 1st or 2nd round?

Well, if one of the WR's that shouldn't be there in the first falls to them, I could see the pick and if Chris Polk from Washington is there in the 2nd, which I don't expect, I would want that pick very much. That would still leave another first and their 3rd to address CB and the O-line.

The way I see it com draft time is, nothing much would surprise me minus not taking a CB in the draft.

THAT would surprise the sh*t out of me...

Well, if one of the WR's that shouldn't be there in the first falls to them, I could see the pick and if Chris Polk from Washington is there in the 2nd, which I don't expect, I would want that pick very much.

Given Floyd's injury history and character issues, I would not be surprised in the least if he falls to the mid 20's. And if he does, I won't be surprised if the Bengals grab him with the second of their two 1st round picks.

As for Polk, he is shooting up on a lot of boards. I've seen him graded out as a 1st round talent in a couple places. I doubt he goes in the 1st round... but there is very little chance he falls to the Bengals selection in the 2nd round. (frowny face)

Running backs have been devalued lately, they have been dropping later and later in the draft as the perception that "anyone can run behind a decent O-Line" continues to spread amoungst NFL circles. I don't think it is unreasonable to hope that Richardson is there 15-20, after all this time last year Ingram was predicted to go top ten and he fell to 28. Richardson is the back that most reminds me of Adrian Peterson since...well...Adrian Peterson, he can run with Power, he can use his speed, he can catch, and is a terrific pass blocker.

"At 5'11 and only 220 pounds, he has a power clean of over 365 pounds, a 600 pound squat, and a bench press of 475 pounds all to go along with lightning quick speed of a 4.4 40 yard dash. His coach has said that he picked up the 365 lbs. like it was a toothpick." from...http://www.muscleprodigy.com/trent-richardson-workout-arcl-1737.html

Last year he avg. 6 yards per carry caught 27 passes and scored 23 TDs against the hardest schedule in college sports.

Dudes a beast and is the one (1) back that should be carrying a legit first round grade. With Richardson, Green, Shipley, Gresham, Simpson (provided he stays/is asked to return) this offense is pretty darn near un stoppable particularly if they take a stud OG with the second selection in the first (DeCastro, Konz, Glenn, or Osemele)

I don't think it is unreasonable to hope that Richardson is there 15-20, after all this time last year Ingram was predicted to go top ten and he fell to 28.

Ingram was projected to go in the middle of the 1st round but fell because he ran a 4.6 at the 40 yard dash at the combine.

Richardson will do nothing but improve his stock at the combine... because of the reasons you stated. He's an absolute freak, and I won't be surprised if he goes in the top 5.

On one hand, it sure wouldbe nice to see them go after another elite talent to couple with Green and help Dalton, but on the other hand, all those draft picks can be used on some very good players that would also help. I don't really think I would complain either way around. Dalton will get nothing but more help to bolster this offense come the 2012 draft.

McShay's first mock has the Bengals standing pat and landing DeCastro and Dennard in the first. No complaints in that scenario from me.

That would be pretty damn good.

Dennard isn't my favorite. He seems like a Leon Hall clone, as he is solid, but lacking the size/speed to be a shut-down corner. He would fit well in Zimmer's scheme though, since man to man/press coverage is his specialty.

They could do a lot worse at CB... and if they land DeCastro with the first pick, you won't hear any complaining from me.

Well I was yelling at my TV Sunday during the 4th Qt like most of you were to ( my wife thought I flipped out) but before the season I never dreamed we would be in this shape , so I'm not gonna say anything Negative about the team because they are young and gonna get a lot better if they draft well with all the good picks they have coming!! "Otter out""!!!!!!!

On one hand, it sure wouldbe nice to see them go after another elite talent to couple with Green and help Dalton, but on the other hand, all those draft picks can be used on some very good players that would also help. I don't really think I would complain either way around. Dalton will get nothing but more help to bolster this offense come the 2012 draft.

I think you could hedge that want with the play of Gresham of late. He seems to have improved throughout the season and I like the idea of lining him up in the slot. Having a complimentary or possession guy like TJ was might be all that is required as long as Green can stay on the field. Whalen might be that guy or we'll see if Shipley comes back.

I hope they are able to bolster the interior O-line on either side early in the draft. I'm 50-50% with Cook so I don't think I would address that right away. Especially if it negatively affects Dalton.

As much as I really don't like Cook that much, I suspect he returns for at least another season.

Give him someone new on either side and I will be happy.

The scenario I see playing out is DeCastro and Richardson both being long gone prior to our picks in the first and seeing the Bengals wait until later to draft a RB or looking to FA. With that being the case, I could very well see a CB and WR in the first and an OG in the second. That third could be used a variety of ways between the d-line and more secondary help. I guess we will see, but we are in a strange place, pick wise, to guess at this point.

As much as I really don't like Cook that much, I suspect he returns for at least another season.

I didn't like Cook coming into this season either and voiced my displeasure at him being brought back. I couldn't be more happy to be wrong. He's been excellent this season.

Joe Goodberry writes on the O-Line a lot over at CincyJungle. He checks with the PFF grading system and grades every play himself as well. This is what he had to say about Kyle Cook on December 3rd.

Kyle Cook for Pro Bowl

I saved this for last because like Cook, it will probably be over-looked. I talked about Andrew Whitworth's struggles in the last quarter of this season, but there has been a Bengal who has stepped up in the biggest way. Kyle Cook has turned into one of the best centers in the league and has been the Bengals best offensive lineman this year. That's saying something because Whitworth has just now been recognized as a top lineman in the NFL, but soon people will talk about Kyle Cook. He's been a joy to watch every snap each week. He's crafty, smart, strong, and will fight through the whistle. I talked about the Bengals needing a lineman who can block on the 2nd level vs. linebackers. It started in the Jaguars game; the Bengals started using Cook to block the LBs instead of Nate Livings. The change has been the biggest adjustment by the coaching staff this season. Cook has found his niche playing this role and if this is the guy the Bengals re-signed in the off season, that's money well spent. If you haven't already, vote for Kyle Cook to represent the Bengals in the Pro Bowl.

I'm hoping they lock Cook up long term. They need to draft Livings' replacement though... and I'd be okay with bringing Bobbie Williams back on a one-year deal (hopefully Boling will progress and be able to take over in 2013).

Nice write up on Cook and am more than happy to see someone make those comments based upon watching each of his plays. If they can get an OG in the first two rounds, I will be overjoyed. There are guys that I think will be able to step right in that will be available in the second round when we pick.

McShay's first mock has the Bengals standing pat and landing DeCastro and Dennard in the first. No complaints in that scenario from me.

By the way... while DeCastro is by far my favorite option, in the event that he is drafted before the Bengals selection, I'd gladly settle for Cordy Glenn as a consolation prize.

Glenn can be given the Whitworth treatment (starting out as a LG, and then moved to OT when the need arises). The Bengals love their versatile linemen.