Dalton issues

walzav29

Yeah, he carried the ball 30 times for 147 and a TD, a 4.9 average.

To bad Baylor's RB ran the ball 21 times for 200 yards and 5 TD's, a 9.5 average.

I like Polk though and still agree that he won't be there for us come the 2nd round.

That game was ridiculous. It was like arena football.

For good or bad, I think the NFL is headed that way too.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he carried the ball 30 times for 147 and a TD, a 4.9 average.

To bad Baylor's RB ran the ball 21 times for 200 yards and 5 TD's, a 9.5 average.

I like Polk though and still agree that he won't be there for us come the 2nd round.

That game was ridiculous. It was like arena football.

For good or bad, I think the NFL is headed that way too.

It was the highest scoring regulation game in history.

I know a lot of the rules benefit the offense, but that game was just really poor defense. I don't think it's a sign of things to come.

There are a handful of elite QBs that are taking advantage of the rules... but there are still plenty of good defenses and a lot of bad offenses in the NFL.

I'm hoping they lock Cook up long term. They need to draft Livings' replacement though... and I'd be okay with bringing Bobbie Williams back on a one-year deal (hopefully Boling will progress and be able to take over in 2013).

Surely you all heard the news that Kyle Cook signed an extension in Sept that'll keep him a Bengal through 2015...

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/02/bengals-sign-kyle-cook-to-extension/

I'm hoping they lock Cook up long term. They need to draft Livings' replacement though... and I'd be okay with bringing Bobbie Williams back on a one-year deal (hopefully Boling will progress and be able to take over in 2013).

Surely you all heard the news that Kyle Cook signed an extension in Sept that'll keep him a Bengal through 2015...

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/02/bengals-sign-kyle-cook-to-extension/

For some reason I thought Cook had signed a 1-year deal.

Good news, even if it's old news. Cook is playing at a high level this year.

I'm glad Joe Goodberry likes Cook and all but my confidence in his having thoroughly studied Cook wanes a bit when he doesn't even know that Cook signed a long term extension. It's not a difficult search to do

I'm glad Joe Goodberry likes Cook and all but my confidence in his having thoroughly studied Cook wanes a bit when he doesn't even know that Cook signed a long term extension. It's not a difficult search to do

In fairness to Joe, he didn't say anything about the term of Cook's contract.

Cook signed a 1-year deal in 2010, which is where I got confused.

He alluded to his contract situation here and it leads me to believe he didn't know:

Cook has found his niche playing this role and if this is the guy the Bengals re-signed in the off season, that's money well spent.

It's at best a confusing comment

He alluded to his contract situation here and it leads me to believe he didn't know:

Cook has found his niche playing this role and if this is the guy the Bengals re-signed in the off season, that's money well spent.

How is it confusing? He said they re-signed him in the offseason... which they did.

How is it confusing? He said they re-signed him in the offseason... which they did.

The confusing part of it is the word "if". Why use that word if he knew?

The confusing part of it is the word "if". Why use that word if he knew?

He's not saying 'if' they resigned him. He's saying 'if' Cook is as good as he's been playing, it's money we'll spent.

Yes. This.

Kirkendall just tweeted that according to PFFs grading system, only 3 WRs in the entire NFL have a lower grade than Caldwell. Only 5 have a lower grade than Simpson.

I knew it would be bad... but I didn't know it was THAT bad.

Any more questions about why Andy Dalton doesn't spread the ball around more?

Grade in terms of what?

I really like the idea of Manningham after Cruz took off. I forgot about him.

Grade in terms of what?

ProFootballFocus watches and breaks down every player on every play throughout the season. Here is their Grading System.

Needless to say, it's pretty extensive.

I really like the idea of Manningham after Cruz took off. I forgot about him.

Yeah. I like that thought too... but I think the Giants are going to try really hard to keep him. They were really disappointed when Steve Smith left for Philly without having a chance to counter offer, and he would have been nothing more than a #4 WR. It seems like they having a full stable of WRs.

It will probably come down to whether Manningham wants to be featured more, because I imagine the Giants will be willing to pay him.