Cincinnati @ St. Louis Game Thread!

BengalszoneBilly

The Jets hold the tiebreaker advantage over the Bengals with a better record against common opponents.

The Jets and Bengals have the exact same outcome in all common opponent games. Is it because the Jets beat Buffalo twice... and the Bengals only beat them once?

Well, if that's the case, that tie-breaker goes away if the Bengals beat Baltimore in week 17 (The Jets lost to the Ravens... and the Bengals will be 1-1 against them).

If that is how it works... the next tie-breaker is strength of victory. The Jets only have one win against a team with a winning record (Dallas)... so if the Bengals beat the Ravens, it will be really close.

It will really suck if Cincy misses out on the playoffs because of the 5th tiebreaker.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets hold the tiebreaker advantage over the Bengals with a better record against common opponents.

It will really suck if Cincy misses out on the playoffs because of the 5th tiebreaker they couldn't beat the Texans.

Agreed. dash.gif

They also didn't beat the Broncos before Tebow and with half the Bronco's team in the training room.

It will really suck if Cincy misses out on the playoffs because of the 5th tiebreaker they couldn't beat the Texans.

Agreed. dash.gif

Didn't you threaten to ban me for referencing that nut-kicking incident?

I thought we weren't talking about that anymore.

Agreed. dash.gif

Didn't you threaten to ban me for referencing that nut-kicking incident?

I thought we weren't talking about that anymore.

You're right. My sincerest apologies.

Apparently, seeing the Ravens beat to a bloody pulp filled me with such excitement and glee that I lost my head momentarily.

Honestly, I'm not worrid about the playoffs. I just want to see my team continue to win. If they win this week, they'll have something to play for on the last day of the year and that's exciting for us Bengal fans. If they finish 10-6 I'll applaud them for a great year and see where they stand playoff-wise. If they don't finish 10-6 then they don't deserve it. Personally, I think they'll be in awfully good shape with a 10-6 finish

Just to wrap back around since I mentioned this during the game, Bears WR Johnny Knox appears to have dodged a bullet. He'll need back surgery but he's got feeling and movement in all his limbs and should be able to play in 2012. Scary moment, though.

/>http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/9518990-606/johnny-knox-needs-back-surgery-but-hell-be-ok.html

It may take a couple games to get back into game shape. The Cardinals give up the 2nd most sacks and the Bengals are 4th in sacks. This game is on the offense. They have to start hot, and fix the redzone issues. Cards are hot, but the Bengals have to have this game, are at home on Christmas eve. Even thats an advantage. You know the Rams know they have a long day ahead of them, and have to get home after the game and flight. It's a distraction. The Bengals have to win this game.

Did anyone notice Dunlap during the game?

I'm not sure how many snaps he played... but I can't really recall noticing him do anything the entire day. Seems like he's still hampered.

Hope the dude is healthy for the next two games. They need his production badly.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/12/20/2649905/bengals-defensive-snap-break-down-against-the-rams#storyjump

I can only recall noticing Dunlap on one play that he flushed Clemens out of the pocket. He did seem to be moving well, so there's that, but definitely not the force I would've liked to see at the end of the game. I suppose I'm guilty of being greedy/spoiled. I also noticed that Rey was out on every 3rd & long. Has that been the case all year? If so, I hadn't noticed it. It looked like Brandon Johnson was in for those and I think I even saw Skuta in a few times.