Thank you Jesus

walzav29

Besides Gabbert's play, I'm not impressed that he wants to work hard enough to be an elite QB. He looks like he'd prefer to grow his hair, be a pretty boy and choose "chicks" to pickup after the game. In a nutshell, he looks like a 21st century version of Todd Marinovich

Besides Gabbert's play, I'm not impressed that he wants to work hard enough to be an elite QB. He looks like he'd prefer to grow his hair, be a pretty boy and choose "chicks" to pickup after the game. In a nutshell, he looks like a 21st century version of Todd Marinovich

Oh, please.

You have no idea how hard the kid is or isn't working. You're going to base that off of long hair?

Oh, please.

You have no idea how hard the kid is or isn't working. You're going to base that off of long hair?

lol - its hard damn work being this pretty.

Im happy with Dalton at the moment. Wouldn't have been happy with Gabbert in Greens spot.

Oh, please.

lol - its hard damn work being this pretty.

Don't you and I know it :P

I was never a fan of Gabbert through the draft process. He was just getting the press and I really never understood why. He just never really stood out as a QB I thought would make it at the next level. While I know many weren't pleased with the thought of taking Green, they aren't complaining now. If we had taken Gabbert in the first, I would have been livid.

Or Sunshine from Remember the Titans.

Oh, please.

The haircut does show a lack of discipline as does his play on the field

Oh, please.

The haircut does show a lack of discipline as does his play on the field

Wow, maybe HoF was right about you.

I had long hair for a very very long time. I was one of the best students in my school, a very good athlete, and never once got into one bit of trouble.

And while we're at it, I guess someone better tell Clay Matthews that his hair is obviously connected to HIS lack of discipline and obvious lack of success on the field. Maybe the guy can cut it and finally do something right for a change. Damn hippies.

Clay Matthews

and then there's ole whatisname, you know, that shampoo guy from that yellow and black team we play sometimes, you know the one

The Polynesian players have their reasons for long hair and I doubt Clay Matthews would make a very good QB. But don't make too much of the hair comment. It's just a small portion of my evaluation of Gabbert as a QB.

I am very well be old school but if I'm picking out a franshise QB, it's like a job interview. I'm evaluating a lot more than his physical tools. I don't want to see wild hair, tatoos or whatever. My guess is a lot of NFL owners agree with me, especially ours

Clay Matthews

and then there's ole whatisname, you know, that shampoo guy from that yellow and black team we play sometimes, you know the one

The Polynesian players have their reasons for long hair and I doubt Clay Matthews would make a very good QB. But don't make too much of the hair comment. It's just a small portion of my evaluation of Gabbert as a QB.

I am very well be old school but if I'm picking out a franshise QB, it's like a job interview. I'm evaluating a lot more than his physical tools. I don't want to see wild hair, tatoos or whatever. My guess is a lot of NFL owners agree with me, especially ours

Cam Newton is covered with tattoos. Also, try finding a good NBA player without a tattoo. I know it's a different sport, but they are professionals just the same. LeBron James has a million tats, would you not have him on your team?

Cam Newton is covered with tattoos.

As much as I disagree with SeaRay... you should at least attempt to fact check yourself before saying things.

Cam Newton has no tattoos or piercings. It was a major topic of conversation in the national media for most of the lockout because the Panthers owner liked that he didn't have any tattoos and told him to "keep it that way."

Cam Newton is covered with tattoos.

As much as I disagree with SeaRay... you should at least attempt to fact check yourself before saying things.

Cam Newton has no tattoos or piercings. It was a major topic of conversation in the national media for most of the lockout because the Panthers owner liked that he didn't have any tattoos and told him to "keep it that way."

Yep your right he doesn't have any tattoos. I was thinking about Terrell Pryor when Cam Newton came to mind.

He has a right to his opinion, no matter how wrong it might be.

True. But, you know what? He's still wrong.

In your opinion...

My recommendation for Blaine Gabbert is to show up to camp next summer with a new (clean cut) look and exclaim that 2011 was a disaster and now he's turning the page and is dedicating himself to leading the Jags back to prosperity. Admittedly it's only percetion but that's all part of the job description of QB in the NFL.

He has a right to his opinion, no matter how wrong it might be.

True. But, you know what? He's still wrong.

In your opinion...

My recommendation for Blaine Gabbert is to show up to camp next summer with a new (clean cut) look and exclaim that 2011 was a disaster and now he's turning the page and is dedicating himself to leading the Jags back to prosperity. Admittedly it's only percetion but that's all part of the job description of QB in the NFL.

Yeah and maybe I will grow out my hair, gel it back like all the business moguls, and proclaim i'm going to be heading up all the corporate take overs this coming year. Something tells me that Gabbert and myself will still be on the outside looking in with our respective jobs.

I'm not arguing that you don't have to dress appropriately for your job. What I'm arguing is that Sea Ray is making assumptions about Gabbert's work ethic, which he frankly knows absolutely nothing about. Hence bringing up Clay Matthews. Why aren't we questioning HIS work ethic? Easy answer: because he's producing.

If Gabbert was having an absolutely outstanding season, do you think anything would be complaining about his hair? Not likely. Or, if he cut his hair as Sea Ray suggests, and was still a terrible quarterback, do you think that would help his standing with the team?

If his owners and coaches don't have a problem with is appearance, then more power to him. Apparently, clean cut hair is NOT part of the job description to be a quaterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars. I would guess what they care about most his is work ethic and football skills, which they actually have first-hand knowledge about. When you have some credible evidence of a lack of work ethic, then get back to me.

I was just poking fun.

I mean I shave my head and have no business sense of corporate take overs, but I slept in a Holiday Inn recently.

I think it's nonsense to base work ethic on appearances. Nonsense. You are either a hard worker or you aren't and no matter what I wear, how I cut my hair, or the array of tatoos I may possess has anything to do with it. Next thing you know someone would like to claim it's the shoes they wear.

Next thing you know someone would like to claim it's the shoes they wear.

Well, that's a different story entirely. For instance, croc-wearing individuals have been proven to possess a lower IQ, a tendency to take up vegetarianism, and a general inclination towards violence and loose women (which Billy might consider a positive).