New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo

Starting at 17 and running all the way through 26, it's all defense. And mostly defensive line.

We'll see what they choose to do with Rucker and Sims. I won't be outraged if they go D-Line... because I think it's the most effective way to beat elite QBs (Brady and Rodgers don't look like themselves when they start getting hit).

That said, it's currently the strength of the team and probably the place they need the least help. I can say with confidence that any D-Lineman they draft will play no more than 25 snaps/game. (Especially if Sims or Rucker return).

So with that in mind, they better damn well address some of their glaring holes in FA (WR, RB, O-Line, Secondary) if they are thinking about using a 1st round pick on the D-Line.

Completely agree with this as well although I would be somewhat outraged if they took a DL. I think this current line should be brought back with minimal changes if at all possible. Fanene to me, along with Peko, seems like the heart of that DL and needs to be brought back. Plus he is versatile and I love that. My needs in order are CB, OL, S, RB, WR and I would actually be pretty upset if they take a round one RB not named Trent Richardson. At RB I think you go Fa by trying to get Hillis/Tolbert or Bush and if we come up short then you go to the draft.

I'm still hopeful the loss of JJoe will net a 3rd round comp pick, giving us 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

If this does work out to be the scenario what do you think of offering our 1st pick (No17?) plus one of our other picks (2nd or 3rd round) to trade up (to picking within the first ten picks???)

Any D lineman we draft will be part of a rotation and essentially a role player. I'd rather see our 1st rd pick contribute more than that. My first impulse is a guy like David DeCastro at G or a CB

The play of Rey at MLB shows me that we need an upgrade there too. Maybe Muckleroy, maybe someone else.

There's really a variety of ways we can go with those first rd picks. I'm willing to keep an open mind and go with the best guy available at one of several different positions

I'm still hopeful the loss of JJoe will net a 3rd round comp pick, giving us 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

If this does work out to be the scenario what do you think of offering our 1st pick (No17?) plus one of our other picks (2nd or 3rd round) to trade up (to picking within the first ten picks???)

A couple of things strike me when thinking about that. To start, I haven't seen a trade value chart since the new CBA was signed implementing the rookie wage scale. Why do I think that's important ?? Well, I would have to think that with there being a limit on how much the first round guys are making (not 50 mil guaranteed anymore) those picks become MORE valuable and teams are going to want more and not worry so much about trying to get out of the pick and possibly waste that amount of money. I'm just not sure it would only be another 2nd or 3rd round pick, it maybe and probably will be, MUCH more. I'm just not willing to do that.

You see EVERY year where someone falls who no one expected to and sitting at #17 will certainly net us a very good player that will make an immediate impact. Depending on who else happens to be there at #21 and the holes we have, we are looking at 2 players that I feel will make that big impact right away. Not only that, this draft is deep in a few positions that we could stand to upgrade as well and those picks in the 2nd or 3rd round are going to be able to net us additional impact players. Maybe not starters right away, but certainly bigtime contributors.

What if DeCastro is there at 17 and one of the other top CB's are there at 21 ?? I'd day jump on it. What if one of the top WR's fall ?? Nothing like adding a bigtime running mate for Green and Dalton. They could still grab d-line help and more with those other picks that wouldn't be giving away. Thinking FA additions they could make allows those other picks to be used wisely as well and really frees things up.

Anyway around, I think CB is a "must have" in the first and I don't see getting by that.

LB ?? I think they stand pat with what they have for at least another year when listening to what the coaches say. They have already given Rey a pass for injures and still moving around, then you have to look at getting Muckelroy (who they are high on) and a healthy Moch for next season. As much as it appears a weak link, bringing back Thomas or Lawson (whoever signed the one year deal) and what I mentioned already makes me believe they pass altogether.

Lawson signed the one year deal, but i wonder what they will do there with Rivers coming back, who will be the starter. Howard to me was probably the best FA they picked up, i loved the way that guy played, and he can keep up with RBs out of the backfield.

I love CB in the first RD, im still really liking Kirkpatrick, and i hope he does fall to them at 17, and then take a OL with #21!

However if they can get a Guard in free agency that will be a starter, then that will mix everything up. I think whatever they do in FA will have alot to do with the draft, but CB i think has to be on the top of there list. Im hoping they pick up a FA WR there are plenty to choose from this year and they have the money so spend it on some young good guys!