What a spanking

walzav29

Interesting comment by Artrell Hawkins on the Mo Egger show this afternoon. He said that he believes that some of the guys may not have put the time and effort and had the proper attention to detail last week after playing the Steelers tough three weeks ago.

Possibly. With a young team I could see that. Now they have a huge learning point in front of them. Take advantage of it and be a better team and players because of it, or continue the spiral. This team doesn't have to be world beaters, they just need to continue to improve. Last week against the Browns was not their best effort and yesterday certainly was not. Where they go from here is up to them regardless of the score and wins and losses.

Interesting comment by Artrell Hawkins on the Mo Egger show this afternoon. He said that he believes that some of the guys may not have put the time and effort and had the proper attention to detail last week after playing the Steelers tough three weeks ago.

If so, hopefully this was a valuable (but costly) lesson learned.....you dont take ANY team lightly, especially a division opponent, and even more especially one with a lengthy strong track record

If so, hopefully this was a valuable (but costly) lesson learned.....you dont take ANY team lightly, especially a division opponent, and even more especially one with a lengthy strong track record

The Bengals took the Steelers lightly at Pittsburgh?

If that is true, its comical. How could that even come close to happening.

Bengals got whipped and if they didn't give their best, then there are more serious issues than I ever imagined.

Yes, learn from the a$$ whipping. Because thats what it was.

Lets turn the improvement curve back the right way - right now its trending down and dipped back into about where we were in week 6 or 7.

I think this was an example of Lebeau teaching Gruden a lesson. He said they had more wrinkles and the Steelers did some different stuff on D. I read on Bengals.com that Marv is 12-5 at home in December, so let's hope it starts Sunday.

I would rather this be the case than the players taking the Steelers lightly. This seems more plausible/probably. Gruden can learn from this schooling.

I think this was an example of Lebeau teaching Gruden a lesson. He said they had more wrinkles and the Steelers did some different stuff on D. I read on Bengals.com that Marv is 12-5 at home in December, so let's hope it starts Sunday.

I would rather this be the case than the players taking the Steelers lightly. This seems more plausible/probably. Gruden can learn from this schooling.

Paul Alexander has been coaching the O-line since 94. He has coached with and against LeBeau since then. Marvin coached under LeBeau for a few years in Pittsburgh and against his defense since 2003. Some of the blame has to lie with those two guys first.

As for the lack of intensity or preparation that Artrell mentioned, I took it that they may have taken the Steelers lightly based in the results of the first game. Again, lots to learn from all the way around. Score on the first drive and maybe the intensity is there. Miss the TD/field goal and watch the fight go right out the window.

Oh and by the way, as much as we all hate to admit it, we got beat by a really good football team and Ben gets my vote for MVP FWIW. So as always they are the measuring stick. The Bengals know where they stand.

Paul Alexander has been coaching the O-line since 94. He has coached with and against LeBeau since then. Marvin coached under LeBeau for a few years in Pittsburgh and against his defense since 2003. Some of the blame has to lie with those two guys first.

As for the lack of intensity or preparation that Artrell mentioned, I took it that they may have taken the Steelers lightly based in the results of the first game. Again, lots to learn from all the way around. Score on the first drive and maybe the intensity is there. Miss the TD/field goal and watch the fight go right out the window.

Oh and by the way, as much as we all hate to admit it, we got beat by a really good football team and Ben gets my vote for MVP FWIW. So as always they are the measuring stick. The Bengals know where they stand.

I don't think they underestimated the Steelers at all. The first quarter was all Bengals. Even into the second quarter we were winning the total yards with 130 something and the time of possession. A couple of bad plays and penalties and they got frustrated. Maybe because of how hard they had prepared.

Who effing knows. They got beat, mistakes buried them and one turned into another. It happens to every team. It's the first time that's happened all season, hopefully the last.

Again, just repeating what Artrell said. Not sure if it was something he may have gotten from his brother or not.

But you are correct that it seemed like the Bengals were controlling things early but the bottom dropped out in about four minutes in the second quarter. Live and learn I hope.

Again, just repeating what Artrell said. Not sure if it was something he may have gotten from his brother or not.

But you are correct that it seemed like the Bengals were controlling things early but the bottom dropped out in about four minutes in the second quarter. Live and learn I hope.

I was listening to Artrelle too. I like him, but he comes across as if he's still in the locker room sometimes. He needs to remind everyone that he used to play the game everytime he's on the air.