Cleveland @ Cincinnati ... game thread

Scottishbengal

Here we go, building up to an important game for various reasons:-

Cincy need to get back on track following 2 divisional defeats (in the first half of four consecutive AFCN encounters) to keep a wild card berth as a viable opportunity and an AFCN title as a distant possibility.

Cleveland are coming of a win last week and could conceivably, with a victorious run-in to the end of the season, sneak under the radar and into wild card contention themselves.

However, lets look at how the sides match-up:

The Bengals gain an average 329yds per game, the Browns allow an ave 305

The Browns gain an average 298yds per game, the Bengals give up an ave 311

Looks fairly even in this aspect

The Bengals get ave of 223 passing yds per game where the Browns give up only 166 on average

The Browns get an ave of 205 passing yds per game where the Bengals give up 222 yds on average

On paper the Browns have the edge here. With Leon Hall out and Adam Jones still not quite 100% the Bengals secondary is weakened, and the habitual big play they give up will add to the advantage slipping to the Browns.

The Bengals gain an ave 106 rushing yds per game, the Browns allow 139 average

The Browns achieve an ave 93yds per game whereas the Bengals only allow an average of 88

The Bengals have the edge here. With AJG recovering from his knee injury and Dalton with his shoulder The Bengals could rely heavily on the running game especially if Benson can rediscover some positive form.

The Bengals score 23 points per game whilst Cleveland average only 14.

Both teams average 19 points against so again the advantage would appear to be in Cincys favour.

Bengals have a 3rd down conversion rate of 36% as Cleveland allow opponents 39% success

Browns covert 40% of their 3rd down attempts as Cincy allow 36% to be converted.

Slight edge to the Browns.

Home field advantage - does it count for much in PBS? Does it count for much in a match against the Browns?

This is a chance for home fans to give an edge to their team and help the Bengals get back to winning ways. Cincy are 2-2 at home, Cleveland 1-3 on the road so advantage to Bengals.

I predict a Cincinnati victory. 31-14 with Benson getting a 100yard game and two TD,s and Geno Atkins getting at least 2 sacks.

WHODEY ? Well, it aint gonna be Cleveland today !!!!!!

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns fans usually come out but are not the factor they used to be. Nowhere near the level of Steeler supporters so I dont see them making a difference here.

As I make this response, it is steadily raining. This may be the story of the day. So turnovers and ball control will be the key. I fear a letdown here but the Bengals are the better team so I think they will prevail.

Bengals 24-13.

Wasn't the very last game at Riverfront/Cinergy Field against the Browns?? and in dreadful rainy conditions ???

The weather factor will be the same for both teams (d'oh!) but seeing as it's not -30degree's and playng against a hot-state based team I really don't think the weather will be an advantage/disadvantage......................................................................................... although it could very well be factor in fumbles/turnovers .

What about Green? Is he in or out today?

http://www.bengals.c...juryreport.html

AJG listed as probable, he had full practice on Thurs + Fri ..... no-one listed as out

I think its a must win for the Bengals!

How about running the ball today, brown come in with the #1 pass defense, but there run defense is ranked #29, so i think its the perfect time today to play physical smash mouth ball!

AJ Green is active

Peyton Hillis is active also today, so the bengals need to be ready to stop the run, and tackle tired of the defense not tackling right so hope they are ready to tackle hard today!

I would love to see some good pass rush today, i want to see Mccoy on his back all day. How about some turnovers, this team is in some needs of INTs.

Guess the browns still think they can make the playoffs, so i think we will see the best of the Browns today! Lets go Bengals!

I think its a must win for the Bengals!

How about running the ball today, brown come in with the #1 pass defense, but there run defense is ranked #29, so i think its the perfect time today to play physical smash mouth ball!

AJ Green is active

Peyton Hillis is active also today, so the bengals need to be ready to stop the run, and tackle tired of the defense not tackling right so hope they are ready to tackle hard today!

I would love to see some good pass rush today, i want to see Mccoy on his back all day. How about some turnovers, this team is in some needs of INTs.

Guess the browns still think they can make the playoffs, so i think we will see the best of the Browns today! Lets go Bengals!

This is absolutely a must win.

Hence the lack of impetus with home field adavntage.

This is defo a must win game - lose and we're on an 0-3 streak going to Pittsburgh next week ....... ouch !!!

still having trouble loading with firstrow !!!!!