Browns @ Bengals, Take 2

HoosierCat

Well, just to get things up to date after the roof fell in here, AJ Green did practice (limited) while Dunlap sat out today. Dalton was limited with a shoulder injury but appears good to go.

Oh, and Whitworth is pissed and sick of losing.

I'm with him all the way.

From the article in today's paper, AJ Green was able to practice some yesterday.

However Andy Dalton is on the injury list with his throwing shoulder. It probably happened on the no-horsecollar, intentional grounding play. WTF.

Carlos Dunlap did not practice which is not a good sign.

Upon further review...the ruling on the field has been overturned and we will replay the thread. First down............... :lol:

Hey your back good to see ya around!

Im hoping that Carlos will be able to practice by the end of the week, and be good to go but not so sure.

They said after the game that Daltons shoulder was hurting, but he did throw and they said he was looking good, so im guessing he is ok!

Im hoping AJ is able to play you could really tell they have been missing him, and will be good see him back.

Im with Whit, im hoping he got the team toghter and gave some kind of speech about it!

Upon further review...the ruling on the field has been overturned and we will replay the thread. First down............... :lol:

Hey your back good to see ya around!

Im hoping that Carlos will be able to practice by the end of the week, and be good to go but not so sure.

They said after the game that Daltons shoulder was hurting, but he did throw and they said he was looking good, so im guessing he is ok!

Im hoping AJ is able to play you could really tell they have been missing him, and will be good see him back.

Im with Whit, im hoping he got the team toghter and gave some kind of speech about it!

Sense we are back in time I'm not back yet, because I haven't left yet. In fact it remains to be seen given the new chance at a different future if I will leave at all.

Anyways thanks. :lol:

Peko injured worries me, some people may not like him, but the truth is when he plays they stop the run much better. Look at when Peko went out in 09 they were giving up big run plays, so that does worry me some. Hope he still finds some way to play, otherwise Sims better step up big time.

Dunlap out again, that really sucks, and doubt he is going to play. They need him the rest of the way, the pass rush just wasnt the same. In fact the defense has not been the same the last couple of weeks, i hope they can figure something out and get back to physcial defense.

Peko injured worries me, some people may not like him

If there are genuine Bengals fans who don't like Peko, I am baffled.

I like Peko but despite what the stat sheet said, he seemed to be on the ground a lot this past week. He also has been overshadowed a bit by Atkins emergence.

Reedy says Marvin has ruled Dunlap out for Sunday.

No one listed as questionable but a buttload of probables: Green/Clements/Crocker (knee);Dalton/Johnson (shoulder);Ghee/A.Jones (groin); Peko (foot);Whitworth (thigh);Rey (hammy)

Hillis took some snaps in practice today and will be a game-time decision. Hardesty also reportedly in shape to play, though Shurmur doesn't think either is ready for the "full load."

Meh.

I think the Bengals still ought to be able to manage some interior rush against the Browns o-line, and the DE depth will help. Better to have Dunlap ready for the Steelers I guess (hopefully).

I think that is exactly what Marvin is doing. He is trying to get Dunlap as healthy as possible for the end of the season run against the big game opponents. Rucker hasn't played bad lately, and honestly the Browns O-line has been beyon subpar after the loss of Steinbach.

If Whitworth doesn't make the Pro Bowl this year, it's rigged. Joe Thomas has played mediocre this year and Jake Long was flat out awful the other day. Whitworth has been solid all year long.

Lap talked about the Dalton shoulder injury on the radio on Monday night after the Balt game. He said it happened after the Ravens intercepted a pass and returned it inside the ten where Jerome Simpson forced another fumble and there was mad scrum to recover the ball. Dalton was in on that and while going for the loose ball he was exposed and injured his shoulder. Lap felt like it was minor and probably he'd be OK and play. Obviously they'd hold him out after an injury like that so it all sounds quite consistent with what we've known all week

Meh.

I think the Bengals still ought to be able to manage some interior rush against the Browns o-line, and the DE depth will help. Better to have Dunlap ready for the Steelers I guess (hopefully).

Maybe, but the pileup of injuries on the defensive side of the ball is depressingly familiar from 2009. The Bengals' best corner is on IR, their best pass-rusher can't get back on the field and half of the rest of the defensive starters are nursing some kind of injury.

As for holding guys out for the Steelers, I wouldn't. The Browns still have a good D and can run the ball, and a loss tomorrow likely ends any hope of a division title.

Meh.

Maybe, but the pileup of injuries on the defensive side of the ball is depressingly familiar from 2009. The Bengals' best corner is on IR, their best pass-rusher can't get back on the field and half of the rest of the defensive starters are nursing some kind of injury.

As for holding guys out for the Steelers, I wouldn't. The Browns still have a good D and can run the ball, and a loss tomorrow likely ends any hope of a division title.

I just think the Bengals have enough depth on the defensive line that it makes since to let Dunlap get healthy instead of trotting him out there at 60% and him only getting worse the rest of the year. Yeah it might be a little scary but what good is it if Dunlap gets so bad he can't play the rest of the year? Marvin is probably thinking that the offense should actually win the game this week instead of the defense. The Bengals are listed at 7-9 point favorites on different places. I would guess a score of 28-10. The Browns only get 10 points because the Bengals tend to give up one big play per game.

Chill out Hoosier...they got thisssss.

:lol:

Reedy says Marvin has ruled Dunlap out for Sunday.

I approve. Because as happy as I was to hear Dunlap was active for the Raven game it was clear he wasn't healthy and wouldn't be productive due to the lack of explosion in his game when dinged. Dunlap looked like a shell of his former self.

Frankly, Dunlaps replacements may be only half as talented as he is, but under these circumstances I think you have to play the next guy regardless.

Meh.

Browns defense is number 1 agaisnt the pass, and 29th agaisnt the run. So if you ask me i think tomorrow should be the right time to run the ball more then they throw. The question is can they run the ball, i think tomorrow they need to find a way to be more physcial and pound that ball!

Yep tomorrow is a must win, i still think the Jets because of there schedule and the fact they have been there before and know how to win will be right on the bengals tail. So i just hope they dont worry about anything but taking care of business. I think we all know how the bengals in the past would be, they would get so close but fall short, i would love to see a bengals team take care of business and finish!

Meh.

Browns defense is number 1 agaisnt the pass, and 29th agaisnt the run. So if you ask me i think tomorrow should be the right time to run the ball more then they throw. The question is can they run the ball, i think tomorrow they need to find a way to be more physcial and pound that ball!

Yep tomorrow is a must win, i still think the Jets because of there schedule and the fact they have been there before and know how to win will be right on the bengals tail. So i just hope they dont worry about anything but taking care of business. I think we all know how the bengals in the past would be, they would get so close but fall short, i would love to see a bengals team take care of business and finish!

They no longer have Brad St. Louis or Opie to screw things up at the end. So maybe they are good now....until Huber shanks another punt for 15 yards.

You know were gonna play spoiler don't you? We of course will destroy our draft stock and beat ya'll. The Bungles and Brownies always play each other tough, and we owe ya'll. Honky Kong is back and is gonna be out on a rampage to get his pay day. Mccoy looks better each week. Dalton now has some film out on him and is just a matter of time before you start to see him come back to earth. Thank God Green is out. Should be a good game. Gonna be a 3 point game that goes either way.

I think he is referring to their running back whose feelings were hurt because he didn't get paid (extra) after last season and now even the least little actual injury keeps him off the field

I believe the 'honky' is because he is caucasian, when so few running backs anymore are caucasian. He's a big gorlla of a guy, ergo the "Kong". So Honky Kong.

Maybe.

Speaking of maybe, word is he is a "maybe" this week (http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/sports/2011/11/26/browns-hillis-may-play-sunday.html) after being a "nope" all season, which I guess counts as "he's back" for some