Bengalszone is back!

BengalszoneBilly

with all due respect....whatever moderation we've had in the past has been both inconsistent and inadequate.

I can't deny that Hair. Bottom line is that we staff here have failed in our unpaid duties. Things usually quieted down on their own aside from a Steeler troll here or there. I chose to let things go when I really shouldn't have. I f**ked up. My apologies to all, but going forward the forum rules will be strictly enforced. Everyone please read them over again.

I suspect some won't like the changes in enforcement, but they are likely the ones that brought them about.

with all due respect....whatever moderation we've had in the past has been both inconsistent and inadequate.

I can't deny that Hair. Bottom line is that we staff here have failed in our unpaid duties.

It wasn't my intent to cast blame. Only to acknowledge openly how we all share responsibility for the results that followed. Furthermore, if you demand I change my behavior due to new standards of moderation then I'm going to make my own demands of you and the rest of the mods. Nutshelled, if things around here have changed you're all now responsible for dealing with the petty slights, insults, and personal attacks directed towards me. In the past I've dealt with those things however I saw fit, but I will now defer to you. So are you up to that task?

I chose to let things go when I really shouldn't have. I f**ked up. My apologies to all, but going forward the forum rules will be strictly enforced. Everyone please read them over again.

Sorry, but I still require some clarification. For example, I currently have no idea whether I'm allowed to even respond in any manner to one of the most unfortunately prolific posters here. Furthermore, how do I respond to posters like RBB when they start threads that are little more than unprovoked personal attacks? In the past you've allowed that. Has that changed? Where is the new line being drawn? Are all of us starting fresh or are we to be held accountable in the future for things you and others have allowed in the past?

I suspect some won't like the changes in enforcement, but they are likely the ones that brought them about.

I for one won't mind the changes as long as you're consistent, which you freely admit you haven't been in the past. So again, do we all start fresh or does that only apply to some of you?

For my part I've proposed we all adopt a policy of amnesty towards all based upon forgetting all that came before the change in moderation policy. So, are you up for that? Do you think others are up for it? Or are a few us to be held accountable in the future for things mods admittedly allowed to happen in the past?